Which kpop acts would you want to see interviewed by Nardwuar? How would it go?

• I'm curious to see how it would go and how they would take it in comparison to how a lot of western artists treated him before he became well known

He's interviewed a lot of big names for those who aren't familiar with him, see below video. Does a lot of research and digging before interviews, asks some interesting questions, and shares his own special finds and rare items that might interest them. He does a good job getting some of the more closed off celebrities to open up and lighten up, even becomes friends with a few. It's unlikely he'll interview a kpop group but I feel like it would be interesting to see, especially since at this point most western artists are familiar enough with him that it would be interesting to see acts who I assume aren't

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

And this just cause it's funny

• yeah she is already so entertaining but also very bold as well. I feel like his interviews with some idols would end up being kind of awk bc they might not match the energy. I would definitely enjoy hers

Definitely, a bit out there but I think Mijoo would do well matching his energy. Some others probably Jo Kwon and Mamamoo. Definitely the acts known for their stronger personalities, only problem would be the language barrier in my opinion

• I love Nardwuar! He's the definition of wholesomely weird lol

I'd love to see 3RACHA on it (ngl, Bang Chan specifically lol) and Epik High.

lol wholesomely weird for sure! When I first discovered him, I was just generally confused and not sure what to think. At first I thought he was a troll interviewer (because of his unique personality/style I jumped to conclusions) but after actually watching a few interviews, I realized how much appreciation he has for music/the artists and how much work he puts into everything he does. After that, I started to watch him interviewing even people I don't know and have so much respect for him

I used to listen to a lot of Epik High, Shoebox was one of my favorite albums! Not familiar enough with either groups' personalities to give my opinion on how they'd vibe with Nardwuar though

• lol wholesomely weird for sure! When I first discovered him, I was just generally confused and not sure what to think. At first I thought he was a troll interviewer (because of his unique personality/style I jumped to conclusions) but after actually watching a few interviews, I realized how much appreciation he has for music/the artists and how much work he puts into everything he does. After that, I started to watch him interviewing even people I don't know and have so much respect for him

I used to listen to a lot of Epik High, Shoebox was one of my favorite albums! Not familiar enough with either groups' personalities to give my opinion on how they'd vibe with Nardwuar though

You had the same reaction to him as me.at first lol it's indeed unusual the way he does his interviews but the effort he put to bring the best infos is amazing!

3Racha would be shy af - Jisung would definitely feel anxious at first, especially 'cause of "The Super Close Mic" lol but they're kind and love talking about their music, I'm sure they'd love it!

Epik High are great and I'm sure an interview with them would be awesome!

• None. I find this dude really annoying and don't blame the likes of Sonic Youth for losing patience with him.

That Blur dude did take it way too far though.

Nah both Sonic Youth and Blur acted like assholes. Even if you find someone annoying, you don't need to break things they gave you, intimidate them, get physical, and generally act like tools. It's still an interview with a stranger and some level of professionalism should be expected and Sonic Youth in particular seemed focus on looking "cool and edgy" rather than actually being upset by him

The Blur member ended up apologizing years later and blamed it on the coke but I don't think it was very genuine and more a response to the video gaining attention again :wellr:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!