Please give me thread ideas related to digitals.

• Worst performing singles/title tracks from expected Digimons

Best performing 3rd and 4th gen (lol) boy group songs excluding bts

Do you do Spotify? A list of the most streamed kpop songs each year since 2010 or whenever Spotify launched (idk) would be nice

For the 3rd one there would not be much diversity, 2013 onwards would just be BTS songs at the top every year.

• You gotta give me some specific songs but I like this

Kill This Love, Fancy, Shine(Pentagon), Wannabe, Dope?(I don't know if Dope was a hit in Korea). Ones like these, basically the Korean Digitals and the International digitals and where the songs performed best. Korea or Internationally?

• Kill This Love, Fancy, Shine(Pentagon), Wannabe, Dope?(I don't know if Dope was a hit in Korea). Ones like these, basically the Korean Digitals and the International digitals and where the songs performed best. Korea or Internationally?

Ok thanks, I'll do those 5.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• Some lists I'd been thinking of myself whenever I got some more time:

Gaon digitals:

- first 30 days totals for songs of the past years, or as an alternative

- first 4 weeks totals after release (based on Gaon weekly stats)

- first 8 weeks totals after release

- first 20 weeks totals after release (+ decrease percentage from 4 to 8 weeks to 20 weeks)

- Gaon monthly sum totals of the Top 10, Top 20, Top 100 (to see if and how much 'inflation' happens in digital score over the years)

- Song digitals corrected with the 'inflation' index created based on the Gaon sum totals per month/year

ULs:

- peak ULs per song per year of Melon and Genie

- accumulated UL totals per song per year in Melon and Genie

This may not be digitals, but a ranking of Melon likes/hearts, plus an overview of how long it took for a song to reach 100k likes, 150k likes etc would be interesting, but not sure if that info is available.

Spotify:

- monthly followers and listeners per group, to see how they decrease over time between comebacks and to see how much they rise with a comeback

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

• You like Challenge?

Then do this (if you can and if you want and if you have time otherwise You can ignore it) :-:

I love Pikachu.

Always have, Always will.

"Pika-Pi"

• For the Gaon section, would those "first X week totals" be using downloads and streams, or the digital point system? 2010, 2018-21 don't show downloads or streams. 2011-2017 does on the other hand.

I think I know where to find the top 200 sum of the Gaon charts from 2018-2020. Let me go find it and DM you.

ULs: Sure, I can try this.

The hearts thing can't really be tracked unless a fanbase actively does that. Idk about this one.

I can get someone else on the Spotify one.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• Digitals breakdown of hits which were accused of doing sajaegi initially to determine how they performed on the charts after the initial supposed push (eg songs from nilo, shaun, kyoungseo) so we can get some idea about if there was actually malpractice or not.. idk I have always been curious

That's an interesting thread idea. Kat, Big brain.

I love Pikachu.

Always have, Always will.

"Pika-Pi"

• Digitals breakdown of hits which were accused of doing sajaegi initially to determine how they performed on the charts after the initial supposed push (eg songs from nilo, shaun, kyoungseo) so we can get some idea about if there was actually malpractice or not.. idk I have always been curious

THIS is an idea.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• Preferrably you want to use some sort of index, and correction variable , like how inflation and purchasing power are usually calculated on a yearly basis => sry, I mean this is for the top 10/20/100 sum.

I've done it too for a couple of months last year, just like another AKP poster, regarding the Gaon chart totaling. It's some figuring out and tweaking with Excel, but after that it's doable (which is why I was considering it).

Downloads used to be a very reliable source, but since Gaon has been using their own digital algorythm anyway, maybe best to stick to that, and see if any (hidden) changes they have done to it can be spotted and ironed out.

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!