What y'll think was the main reason for all 13 SEVENTEEN members to renew their contract.... knowing Pledis behaviors....

• beyoncesvt

Changed the title of the thread from “What yell think was the main reason for all 13 seventeen members renew their contract.... knowing Pledis behaviors....” to “What y'll think was the main reason for all 13 SEVENTEEN members to renew their contract.... knowing Pledis behaviors....”.
  • for sure the members' strong bond played a big part, this rlly proved to people that it's possible for 13 people to genuinely trust and like each other

n hybe/pledis (i hope) they gave the members a great deal, like probably more favourable terms on the contract for them,, and ofc also bc svt is still on the rise n they probably still want to reach new peaks with svt(esp the us market since they just started not long ago), n they don't seem to be slowing down yet. and maybe despite pledis's shit management, they have voiced out often saying that they have a lot of good staff and people working with them, so probably that also???

anyway i guess we're stuck in the diamond life for a few more years:)

• I assume they would disband if there certain members that didn't renew the contract.

is a large group with a lot of success, specially fan girls... the chinese members could easily go to china and make more solo coins

i think you right

There might be certain members that would feel it better to continue as a group rather than going solo

• They are making money in Korea too. Money is not everything I would definitely chose less money but more freedom in Korea. And really, they are the second best selling group, will probably keep selling more and more, are now part of a big and promising company (Hybe)... why change for something uncertain?

you right.... they probably got a better deal.. and more solo activities

hopefully some acting gigs

• there are several reasons. Firstly Seventeen have become very succesful in the past few years, million sellers. So it wont be easy for their company to let go of SVT.

Secondly, good teamwork. The company can be so, so, but i believe good relationship with Co-workers does wonders for overall work experience.

Thirdly, the company has made them a good offer.

• they are at their peak right now, and the peak still going

so it will feel foolish to give that up when they have worked hard to get here

additionally they kinda did it by themselves too without pledis so pledis is a non-factor

• there are several reasons. Firstly Seventeen have become very succesful in the past few years, million sellers. So it wont be easy for their company to let go of SVT.

Secondly, good teamwork. The company can be so, so, but i believe good relationship with Co-workers does wonders for overall work experience.

Thirdly, the company has made them a good offer.

they are at their peak right now, and the peak still going

additionally they kinda did it by themselves too without pledis so pledis is a non-factor

FACTS

cannibalspicnic: Pose 1x02 Elektra Abundance | and all of my peaches (are  ruined)

• they are at their peak right now, and the peak still going

I think Pledis did play a small part. after all the company staff is responsible for releasing the content.

• I think Pledis did play a small part. after all the company staff is responsible for releasing the content.

AND SINCE LAST YEAR.... Pledis has got a lot better with seventeen... we need to get it together with the album concepts... but in general they have been getting better management... specially with the Mingyu inconvenient

• i dont think other than the chinese members and mingyu that they have very strong individual brands.

when i say very strong i mean to continue making the amount of money theyre making right now, like jackson, bts, cha eunwoo, taemin, a couple of nct members, most exo members. other than mingyu i dont hear about any of them.

tbh seventeen has a pretty quiet fandom and i dont see much public hype around them, other than mingyu but i havent heard anything since the scandals.

i feel like a lot of them resigned simply because in such a large group its hard to make a strong image for yourself and then leave. I think many nct members also have the same problem. strong fandom but not much hype outside the fandom, and many members arent nearly as popular as the face members and probably wont earn as much after leaving.

of course this is all just what i think, it could be any reason, we'll never truly know

r o s e s   a n d   p e a c h e s

• Seungkwan actually probably has the highest individual recognition in Korea for his variety personality, even more than Mingyu. He could probably continue being successful in that arena and maybe extend that success to a solo music career if he wanted to.

Dokyeom is successful in musical theater and currently plays King Arthur in Xcalibur which is very successful and tickets sold out in 30 seconds. This was even his original career plan before joining Pledis and he could've easily continued with it

Woozi also could have a successful solo career but my guess is he would go for less in the spotlight and more along the lines of making songs for other artists which has already done before such as IOI, Nu'est, Bumzu, and Fromis_9

As for other members, their careers would probably be more sticky in my opinion

• that does make sense

im not big into seventeen but ive still heard those names.

havent heard any othe ones tho oofs

r o s e s   a n d   p e a c h e s

• that does make sense

im not big into seventeen but ive still heard those names.

havent heard any othe ones tho oofs

Yeah for the more iffy members, some might pursue solo careers if they disbanded instead and could possibly do well though have much lower chances than the ones previously mentioned

Hoshi could do well solo in my opinion. It'd definitely be harder to start off but his Spider mixtape solo did surprisingly well outside of fans. Considering he can sing, dance, choreograph and has a lot of stage presence and he's already one of the top5 most popular member in fandom, he could probably garner enough support from previous carats in the event SVT disband. Whether or not he could pick up momentum outside of carats would be the problem

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Other members like Vernon and possibly Dino also seem like they would be interested in pursuing solo careers post disbandment though I think it would be harder considering they both are lower in popularity within the fandom. Vernon does has some recognition outside of Seventeen but not a lot and it's mainly hype for his looks rather than appreciation for his talent or him as a person

Dino unfortunately lacks both carat and outsider support despite his dancing and choreographing even though he has a lot of passion for it and even has his own projects ?( Considering he's both one of Seventeen's better rappers and singers, he would do well if not for the unfortunate lack of support

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The rest of the members I don't see being interested in pursuing solo careers after disbandment though so I wouldn't bother analyzing possible success. Sorry for going off on a tangent lol

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!