Is YOUTUBE becoming less relevant ??

• I have noticed the change in trend.

For example, DNA has 1.3 billion YT views but only 400 million spotify streams in contrast to that dynamite has 1.1B YT views and nearly a 1 billion steams on spotify. The gap has decreased a lot. Also yesterday dyna got 1.9 million streams on spotify and 1.3 million on YT, if this trend continues dyna on spotify will out stream dyna on YT.

Also this year BTS got more streams on spotify (4.5B) than on YT (4.2B).

TXT has more streams on spotify for lovesong (36 million) than on YT (31 million).

Even for en-,Both drunk-dazed /given-taken have more streams on spotify than on YT.

Does this also happen to your favs too ?? I can only speak for these three groups as I follow their chart accounts.

Does having more spotify streams than YT views mean that a group has a more west focused fandom because YT music is still huge in asia?? or is YT becoming less relevant in general for streaming muisc??

• Army started targetting spotify and apple streaming achievements goals along with youtube views for Dynamite . So later comebacks for butter you will see spotify and apple music streams increased a lot and were comparable to youtube.

With stationhead hosting streaming parties , its easier to just connect to a host and enjoy their playlists. Might be this is one of the reasons !!??

• So only hybe groups r having more Spotify streams than yt? No yt is still more relevant than Spotify for kpop. All groups have more streams on yt than Spotify mostly. In the west yt is dead.

YIREN

e2ab9f65c50ad7b933ecb52f941f1493d96d8704.gifv fab59363da33ef51baa656716577e60cdb9b2fd2.gifv 084b4b1830b2175bbfe169388158c289cc0b861f.gifv 9a71235e38fac2f4f9e1daf62b01efee6e4923bf.gifv e2ab9f65c50ad7b933ecb52f941f1493d96d8704.gifv

• I think Youtube is only relevant for 24 hours views and likes trends and then they go to spotify or apple music.

At least that seems to be the case for Western artists and also for Blackpink and BTS. For other kpop groups that wouldn't make it into the Hot100, the fans put even more emphasis on YouTube and don't necessarily pay attention to Spotify and Co.

Apart from the fact that Spotify has only been available in South Korea for a short time.

Spotify and Apple Music seem to be more relevant for the Hot100 so I guess that's why.

• In Asia, Youtube is still more prevalent than Spotify or AM.

But yes, in the West and especially in North America, it's losing revelancy when it comes to music.

• The west has moved onto audio streaming services from video streaming services in last 4 years. You can see with western artists as well. Most of them have better Spotify and Apple Music stats than YouTube stats. For the western music artists YouTube isn't that important anymore. But for k-pop it is still important. K-pop artists who are bigger in Asia and LatAm do better on YouTube than Spotify and those who are bigger in the US and Europe do better on Spotify than YouTube.

BTS are outlier who are doing great on both platforms. Bad Bunny as well. Other artists don't match up that well on both the platforms. They do great on one of them but average to good on the other.

• Well there's no YouTube ads to inflate the YT numbers and Spotify's streaming method is less strict/annoying than YT

Also Idk about enhypen but moas are such bad streamers, even more so in YouTube. And Lovesong not trending on YT the first few days did not help.

No all I got from OP is that alot of BTS TXT ENHYPEN fans are overlapped which is not surprising.

Just from op's post? :whatr:

• yes and no. I still think it's relevant to show popularity in some sense but not to the extent anymore. So I guess I'm agreeing with you because ads make it really hard to measure a groups success or for records to be meaningful anymore. A kpop song can have 50m views in a week and still be a flop because ads...the industry has been doing this inflation for too long..with sales too but that's another story

[INDENT] [/INDENT]

• YouTube uses more data to stream since it’s a video. On that note it’s easier to just stream on Spotify (I’m talking about the free versions of the apps)

Also Spotify started their expansion this year so they are covering more grounds now. YouTube dominates because it was basically everywhere and Spotify was just restricted to the West. But now that’s changing. That’s why BTS Spotify numbers are becoming insane. They always did well on streamings from YouTube but because majority of their fans were in Asia and Spotify wasn’t very popular back then, that’s why there was a lot of disparity.

Soon our Spotify and YouTube numbers will be closely similar

• Some fandoms are shifting their focus from YouTube to Spotify. YouTube goals have become less relevant apart from maybe the first 24 hrs. It may also be as you said, that it depends on where the majority of a fandom is focused, and what streaming platforms are most relevant there. Since bts has huge fandoms in every part of the world, it makes sense that their numbers on Spotify and YouTube are about the same.

I don't know about others but I find it much easier to stream on Spotify than YouTube. I can listen to a song anywhere at anytime while doing something else while it's much harder to do the same on YouTube.

• Maybe people like to stream the audio rather than video. BTS, TXT and Enhypen's MVs are always like 4 minutes long. Love Song, Drunk-Dazed, and Fever all of them have stories in their video which makes people lazy to stream or skip the video or didn't watch the video until the end. That's why they stream the audio instead of the video.

I personally only watch the MV once it comes out and then only stream the audio on spotify

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!