Weeekly's comeback has a date and comeback picture!

• I mean it's obvious they are going big, with those sales and streams on spotify.

And let's be honest APink being inactive, and 'losing' Naeun to YG also kind of helps Play M to focus on young group which have long career in front of them.

Tag Me(We Are) and Zig Zag(We Can) were quite successful and even garnered Weeekly 6 ROTYs in 2020.

However After School was such a game changer to their career and effectively opened a whole new audience to Weeekly.

After School(We Play) era was on a completely different level altogether. 85 million views is a whole order of magnitude up from 18 million. 57 Million Spotify streams vs 5 million for Tag Me.

Play M have also said the WE series : We Are, We Can and We Play is a trilogy and We Play is the final chapter in the trilogy. So conceptually and artistically, Weeekly were always going to move on to something quite different for Play Game : Holiday.

Putting it all together : It's as if Weeekly are re-introducing themselves afresh to the K-pop world with the extra effort and resources Play M are putting into this comeback. For both commercial and artistic reasons, as detailed above.

HOLIDAY is in reality Weeekly's re-debut but on a significantly larger scale and to a potentially much larger audience.

The Future of K-Pop

weekly-members-profile-mainpage.jpg

Edited once, last by natnut ().

• Aaah yes finally :happyr:

Exited about this cb! Like someone said, playM giving each girls a film and photo concept means like some money where spend!

They got some cute hype in SEA and especially on tik tok! After school was really a huge hit there. I hope the song is good plzzzz . I think they mostly have casual listeners but if this song connect like After school did, they will gain a lot of new fans.

It will also be interesting to see if Jihan can get even more popular, her having a fancam close to 1 million is insane for her statut! Or if Masked singers helped Monday popularity! Also Zoa, people are speculating it’s going to be her era

• OMGGG THEY TOTALLY DITCHED THE SCHOOL CONCEPT

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Weeekly's Play Game Concept Photo truly makes it seem like a re-debut. It's so different from their past 3 albums.

What won't change though, is their willingness to put a fresh twist and new creative approaches to whatever concept they go with.

Weeekly never go the cliché or formulaic route and whatever they do will be interesting and/or surprising.

The Future of K-Pop

Edited 2 times, last by natnut ().

• Weeekly's Play Game Concept Photo truly makes it seem like a re-debut. It's so different from their past 3 albums.

What won't change though, is their willingness to put a fresh twist and new creative approaches to whatever concept they go with.

Weeekly never go the cliché or formulaic route and whatever they do will be interesting and/or surprising.

Yup I am waiting for more group pictures to see if Jihan is now the center alongside Soojin

• tracklist1.jpg

Weeekly 4th Mini Album 'Play Game : Holiday'

Title track: Holiday Party

Some of the songs the producers for Weeekly's title track have worked on:

writercredits2.jpgwritercredits1.png

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The Future of K-Pop

Edited once, last by natnut ().

• Looks like Play M spared no expense in the production of this album.

Seems like a heavyweight roster of songwriters and producers, especially for the title track Holiday Party.

I think Play M know they have something special here which is why they're going for it. Play M mean to make Weeekly superstars and I am all for it. The girls themselves are incredibly driven and ambitious so it's a match made in Heaven. Most importantly the girls have the talent to match their ambition so it's a goal well within their reach.

The lack of a Jiyoon track means they're probably really trying to strike gold with this one. I don’t think it’s that her songs aren’t taken seriously, just that PlayM wants this comeback to be the one that takes Weeekly to the next level.

I’d imagine there’s a lot of pressure to capitalize on the success of After School, and making sure seasoned, accomplished producers are behind every track on the album provides the best chance to do just that. It’s definitely not a knock on her song writing or her abilities as an artist because she obviously has a rare, rare gift.

The Future of K-Pop

• E6-n1iLVIAkxSWY?format=jpg&name=large

You know things just got serious when Weeekly, who previously stuck to largely the same hairstyle and the color black for the past 1 year(debut and 2 comebacks) radically change their hair.

Jiyoon orange, Zoa red, Soojin short hair, Soeun purple, Monday and Jaehee mystery styles, Jihan no bangs.

Something tells me Weeekly's Holiday Party is going to be surprising, groundbreaking and iconic all at the same time. Brace yourselves Daileee. Weeekly's about to take-off.

The Future of K-Pop

• External Content www.youtube.com

E7EaFWMXsAY0_iH?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

The Future of K-Pop

• pretty Soojin on those teasers!

External Content www.youtube.com

• Even when Weeekly go with an elegant and/or innocent concept, they can't help adding their own Weeekly twist to it.

Take this concept video for example : still full of their typical fun and joie de vivre.

One thing Weeekly seems incapable of doing is going the generic route. I feel there's even more surprises ahead for this comeback.

The Future of K-Pop

E7EaFWMXsAY0_iH?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

Aaah so pretty!

I finally réalisé that the letters meant the week days which correspond to a member each. So Monday tomorrow obviously lol

E7JkI34UYAA3N3Z?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

The Future of K-Pop

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!