Another controversial opinion(even more controversial)

• I do agree line distributions are mostly not unfair. They are uneven, but most of the time they are fair. I will quote some examples.

Gfriend initially was heavy on the top4 and umji and sowon gets very little lines as their vocals are unstable. As they progress, the line distribution become more even as umji proved to be a good vocalist and sowon has become more stable.

Another example is GIDLE. To me, their line distribution fair most of the time. People have been making noise for shuhua little lines but the fact is she is the most unstable singer in the group and arguably not the strongesr performer in the group. Though i really think some easier lines could be given to her...

• I don't get it when people get mad the main vocalist or main rapper gets more lines. Like of course they do. That's why they're in that main position. Like I've never seen anyone complain when one of the main dancers is at the center for the dance break* so why do people get mad when the main vocal has the most lines?

I also think sometimes people only look at title tracks. Sometimes their voice just doesn't work on a track but you will hear them all over the b sides. For example Lee Know on God's Menu only had a small amount of lines, but is very well represented through the rest of the album.

*Okay I totally have seen that but it's often when the main dancer is also a main vocal/rapper/face of the group.

Agree

• A fair line distribution doesn’t mean an equal line distribution. Each member deserves to receive lines according to their skills. Sometimes it’s a bit baffling though when the main vocalist sings like 75 % of a song even easy lines that could be sung by anyone else in the group.

It’s harder to get a fair line distribution for larger groups like Loona.

dbed960a80097dc7d9eac973b7be5f732ec99c98.gifv  1f251c53cf32e8a39ff30f639687b517129b0205.gifv  8ce6cd0f2729463446ccbc09563cc6ad65a72d09.gifv

• A fair line distribution doesn’t mean an equal line distribution. Each member deserves to receive lines according to their skills. Sometimes it’s a bit baffling though when the main vocalist sings like 75 % of a song even easy lines that could be sung by anyone else in the group.

It’s harder to get a fair line distribution for larger groups like Loona.

But i think it's rare to have a main vocalist sing that much (75%ish) on their own. In fact I can't think of any examples where this happened.

But i agree with what you said about fair distribution being all about the skill level.

• But i think it's rare to have a main vocalist sing that much (75%ish) on their own. In fact I can't think of any examples where this happened.

But i agree with what you said about fair distribution being all about the skill level.

Hyolyn says hello

Edit: How could i forget about Mia in No Lie

• But i think it's rare to have a main vocalist sing that much (75%ish) on their own. In fact I can't think of any examples where this happened.

75 % is an exaggeration but 50-60 % I have seen it a lot. Gugudan for example and they were one of the best vocal groups.

dbed960a80097dc7d9eac973b7be5f732ec99c98.gifv  1f251c53cf32e8a39ff30f639687b517129b0205.gifv  8ce6cd0f2729463446ccbc09563cc6ad65a72d09.gifv

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!