For Kpop fans who have been using AllKpop for years, how much did Kpop fans change in this platform?

• Did you prefer the people before? Or do you prefer it now?

What year was the most toxic?

Do we have less or more fanwars here in Allkpop now?

• 2015 wasn’t awful for a bit then it got awful quickly, after the 2016 revamp it helped clear out the toxic.

Fans oddly stay the same, back then Big Bang and Exo were in the big fan wars. Now it’s different groups but still same fan wars.

7 or Nothing Spreading the GOTspel Choi Youngjae

• ive been into kpop for way too long but been here for just 3 years ( glad i joined as an adult )

2018 was a whole other bunch of users

they were mega toxic but there was some good banter too

twice was the unanimously agreed group to hate on esp by a lot of 2nd gen stans

at the end of 2018 there was some big war which i did not understand

after that a new bunch of users came in in 2019

most of them were much younger and new to kpop and really super sensitive and disrespectful to groups other than their faves

as expected, most of them being really new were BTS fans

a lot of BTS fans supported Twice and this time everyone started hating on Blackpink for some reason

this ended after some disagrement between real Twice fans and BTS fans who "made an alliance" ( god knows what that was )

for a long time it was almost allbtspop instead of allkpop

now a few fans of other groups have made their way in and a few old users have returned to

BTS and BP are still the most dominant fanbases cause usually the popular groups have more fans on here

but its a bit more balanced

• I’ve been here on and off since 2016 and I found this place very toxic in the past. Fans would argue about anything and start fanwars over trivial things. They were mainly youngsters who were a bit ignorant and would get so triggered by even the slightest comment of their biases.

Now it’s virtually non existent in the little time I’ve spent with the revamp. That’s one of the reasons I left a couple of years ago is the toxicity of the place. I do miss some of the old users particularly the ELFS.

• In 2018 armys were nice

Blinks were delulu, many still delulu but overall they are a lot more realistic now

Onces were unbearable

Carats were almost nonexistent

NCTzens were crybabies

EXOL were crybabies too

Reveluvs were nice

Ahgases were nice (they still are)

2nd gen stans were... IDK never paid attention on them

There wasn't any 4th gen stans

• 4th gen was just like barely beginning lol. now most of the forum is either filled with armys, blinks, or 4th gen multies

.................. where are we now ..................

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!