Why DC movies fail compared to MARVEL? (I am bored)

• Critics wise can't surpass MARVEL.

Commercial wise also can't surpass MARVEL.

Only The Dark Knigh series have shown great critical & commercial success. But this film is not related to the current Universe. It's more like a separate film by Christopher Nolan.

Is it because of the directors? or is it because of the casting?

If because of the director why can't they hire better directors. :cursing:

• It failed because they used Man of Steel as the foundation of their cinematic universe, which was the worst possible choice. Plus, Zack Snyder's take on the DC universe was too unconventional. He may have scored some big hits in theaters, he's not really a good or interesting storyteller. He's decently competent in action scenes but that's mostly it.

• It failed because they used Man of Steel as the foundation of their cinematic universe, which was the worst possible choice. Plus, Zack Snyder's take on the DC universe was too unconventional. He may have scored some big hits in theaters, he's not really a good or interesting storyteller. He's decently competent in action scenes but that's mostly it.

Yes. Seems like they have too much focused Superman. Other characters just look like sidekicks. I have seen some previous movies of Zack Snyder like "300", "Sucker Punch". They are just average action movies. Why did they have decided to give it to Zack Snyder? Even Wonder Woman 1984 has failed compared to the first one who is directed by Patty Jenkins. They literally have no hope in this series. :pepe-toilet:

• Because of studio meddling. They were playing catch-up with the MCU before they were able to get their shit together and the execs thought they needed to be extra hands-on with these movies so Man of Steel, BVS, JL, and Suicide Squad really felt like designed by a committee. Of course no one would straight up say their movies sucked because pressure from the highers up, and it do happen a lot, but persistent rumors have pointed to studio interference being a sore point to these movies. Suicide Squad was rushed because the studio wanted to change the tone to give it a more comedic slant near the end of its production.

Speaking of tone, they can't decide what tone to settle with. Do they want to be dark and brooding or more lighthearted. The lighthearted part on JL barely landed because it went against the visual and some of the other scenes. Suicide Squad would have been an awesome R-rated black comedy but they have to dumb it down to get a PG-rating instead.

In relation to that, they never had a solid point man like with MCU's Kevin Feige who was able to reign all their movies in. Back at WB, it was supposed to be Christopher Nolan in the beginning before plans changed and they settled with Zack Snyder. I'm not a Zack Snyder hater and I believe he's a good visual director however most, if not all, of his good movies were closely based off an existing source material. He has trouble when he's trying to do his own thing. And then that also fell apart. They decided to not do what the MCU is doing and focus on stand alone films instead which worked for them at least with Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and Shazam.

They veered off too much from the source material . It's one thing to skirt the edges of what they could do to these characters but its another to just ignore what set them apart. I think Superman and Batman is a solid foundation for the DCEU but when you have them kill which is a far cry from their comic book counterpart, purists and the general audience won't universally applaud that decision. They were able to do it with Aquaman as a surfer bro because not a lot of people really know the character aside from being able to talk to fishes. And for all their trouble making their major characters dark, they got memed by the internet for all the wrong reasons.

Probably several other reasons but in hindsight, WB shouldn't have played "me too" with Marvel. It didn't work for Universal, didn't work for them. They were so busy trying to quickly establish a universe the individual films suffered for it. Man of Steel should have been a great jumping on point and it's not even Man of Steel itself. They could have started with Blue Beetle or Booster Gold and it would have been still good if the movie was carefully crafted and not just a step-ladder to their big JL crossover which also landed on its face flat.

I'm still rooting for WB to get their ship fully course-corrected. Competition is good.

• imho MCU is kinda done all the next stuff from them seems so boring lol but I know this is not the question

IMHO marvel had more patience in bulding their cinematic universe, they did character by character, movie by movie, avengers 1 was soooo exciting!

when DC did it I felt they were too "thirsty" didn't gave us time enough to conect with the characters idk maybe give them solo movies first and then throwing the big deals (like cmon how in hell BvS come before JL? absurd tbh) and superman is my favorite hero and henry is one of my fav actors the fact they screwd this up IS BEYOND ME

I think DC have more chance in surpassing MCU rn but I am not too hopeful for any of those 2

• The dialogue in DC movies is awful. The CGI isn’t as good as Marvel and neither is the story telling. Like a comment said earlier Marvel did such a good job introducing individual characters that you knew everyone going into the first Avengers whereas DC kinda rushed all that.

• The writing sucks.

Marvel even made Ant-man good while DC cant make good movies with the most iconic of comic book characters (Superman, Batman etc)

You hate me? Well, remember it's mind over matter. I do not mind and you do not matter.

9469e72bd497f024e0531bc6136b58c078539597.gif

• I agree with most of what was said here.

Shazam was actually a pretty good movie. I’m fine with rewatching that.

I think the thing that irritates me is they move too fast, or they don’t add other characters.

Add Robin with Batman, and then we can go into Nightwing, Red Hood, Red Robin, Spoiler, etc. THAT is what I want! (Okay I mainly just want the batfamily to finally be on the screen)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!