2021 Top physical sales by artists and company (hanteo)

• I found this mid-year data based on hanteo numbers very interesting, we can see which groups and companies sold the most album copies

as expected, the companies with most of their big artists making comebacks lead the rest.

SM, Big Hit and Pledis are the top 3. and if all HYBE labels were counted together it could make them an even bigger #2 even without a BTS comeback

then we have KQ, Belift and Konnect among the best selling companies with only one act! that's specially amazing from Kang Daniel since he's his own boss

E5LqhybVkAczcJ7?format=jpg&name=medium

The artists chart also have representative boygroups from each top 3 company leading the rest: Nct Dream, Seventeen and BTS. With exo and baekhyun very close to 3rd place.

Big congrats to Rose for being the biggest physical seller after all the male acts mentioned. I guess her album + special version really outsold all the rest of groups comebacks + old discography... amazing

I think this second half is only going to increase the gap SM, Big Hit and Pledis have with the rest of companies. all their acts releasing comebacks next are million sellers. but we never know, by the end of the year the charts could change positions a lot

• I know you didn't create this graphic, but a pie chart is a poor way to convey this data. Just look at how many of the smaller sellers aren't even labeled.

Only if one wants to see the complete data from all acts that sold at least 20k+ copies but this shows the top 20(? and I think that would be enough to make general statements about the biggest acts, ofc isn't perfect but is the only source I found

Sadly only SM Charts account did a more detailed list of all their acts sales.

Hopefully by the end of year there's complete rankings that lists the top 50 or more, and detail the number of total copies sold by album...

• Only if one wants to see the complete data from all acts that sold at least 20k+ copies but this shows the top 20(? and I think that would be enough to make general statements about the biggest acts

Ah yes, you're right in that the chart does provide a high-level overview.

However, the biggest issue I have is that the chart labels the top 19 sellers (NCT Dream to Treasure), then arbitrarily skips some segments of the pie to get to Cravity, and from there, randomly decides which artists to label. Just look at how many slices of the pie are skipped from OnlyOneOf to April.

• Ah yes, you're right in that the chart does provide a high-level overview.

However, the biggest issue I have is that the chart labels the top 19 sellers (NCT Dream to Treasure), then arbitrarily skips some segments of the pie to get to Cravity, and from there, randomly decides which artists to label. Just look at how many slices of the pie are skipped from OnlyOneOf to April.

Yes I noticed that when looking for nct 127 since they sold many copies this year but weren't included while April are with a 0.0% lol so it's only accurate when looking for the top 19 best selling acts

• :/ No Wendy on this pie chart?

She did have about 150k sales in hanteo, which was even better than most girl groups and should've landed her on that pie chart somewhere.

In this pie she would've been around the 0.9-1.0%.

Yes, the chart fails to mention all acts. They go from top 19 (last one being treasure) to like top 30, starting with cravity, group that sold around 140k on hanteo. Many acts like Wendy, yunho and nct 127 weren't labeled but they for sure are between Treasure and cravity

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!