[POLL] "In my Blackjack opinion, 2NE1 disbanded when...."

• "In my Blackjack opinion, 2NE1 disbanded when...." 48

1. (2014) The Bom thing happened (15) 31%
    2. (2015) Nothing happening throughout that year except the surprise Mnet performance (4) 8%
    3. (2016) Minjy leaves YGE (24) 50%
    4. (2016) YGE announces actual disbandment (4) 8%
    5. (2017) Goodbye is released (0) 0%
    6. (2021) Dara leaves YGE (1) 2%

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited once, last by Solus ().

• But I don't blame her, 2NE1 was pretty much done at that point

Its never easy to debut at 15 either I guess. I mean, she prolly realized a lot when she turned 20. She was old enough to figure out what she really wanted to do.

That was tough to watch, ayeee..........

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I'm not a Blackjack, but I still appreciate 2NE1. I felt 2NE1 took a huge hit when Minzy left. She was low key the backbone of the group and was never given her opportunity to shine as a soloist. She F'ed the stage up, and left it all there, during her last performance with the group:

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• 2ne1 disbanded because of bom's scandal. Let's be honest YG could have continued 2ne1 without minzy if not for that.

I respect your opinion :borahae: But personally, 2NE1 without Minjy was somewhat unmarketable! The response was extremely negative when YGE briefly announced that they would carry on as a trio, I remember that vividly. So in the end, it didn't work out too good and they pulled the plug on that alternative. You're right tho, the Bom scandal was definitely the root cause that started everything.

• I'm not a Blackjack, but I still appreciate 2NE1. I felt 2NE1 took a huge hit when Minzy left. She was low key the backbone of the group and was never given her opportunity to shine as a soloist. She F'ed the stage up, and left it all there, during her last performance with the group:

She was indeed a HUGE part of the success! That's for sure!

• The Bom thing was massive. 2NE1 was reaching their peak at that time, so many promising collabs, their network was insane for a Kpop group back then and they had great numbers/accomplishments considering their short career.

The hate Bom received was horrendous and that was when YG decided to have their activities halted for a long time.

When Minzy left the group it was like the last nail on the coffin. And YG wasn't willing to keep the group going as 3. They could for sure, but didn't do anything to help the group keep going.

• The Bom thing was massive. 2NE1 was reaching their peak at that time, so many promising collabs, their network was insane for a Kpop group back then and they had great numbers/accomplishments considering their short career.

The hate Bom received was horrendous and that was when YG decided to have their activities halted for a long time.

When Minzy left the group it was like the last nail on the coffin. And YG wasn't willing to keep the group going as 3. They could for sure, but didn't do anything to help the group keep going.

this ^

This is exactly what happened.

YG released a statement "defending" Bom and trying to explain the trauma she had suffered as a kid, seeing someone die in front of her on the football pitch, hence the prescription of amphetamines she had in the US. But since they are strictly forbidden in SK, you're right, it was massive! The beginning of the end.

• Minzy's departure was the final nail in the coffin. Before that, a comeback was possible. But 2ne1 can't and shouldn't carry on without all four of the members. Goodbye imo was just a moment of closure for the fans.

True Hopz. It sucked seeing a "hologram" of Minzy in the Goodbye m/v tho, ngl :(

Edited once, last by Solus ().

• I don’t know when it started but I was heartbroken as they were my first gg I biased, and YG just didn’t seem committed to them anymore or give them comebacks. Imo, K pop girl groups have never been the same since.

• I don’t know when it started but I was heartbroken as they were my first gg I biased, and YG just didn’t seem committed to them anymore or give them comebacks. Imo, K pop girl groups have never been the same since.

I miss them terribly :-( Every single day. They will always be my ULT GG!

• Fans of the group will never admit it neither will YG lol but it's cause 2ne1 had peaked & started flopping + minzy leaving probably sealed the deal

nope, 2ne1 was definitely not flopping. Comeback Home was one of their most successful songs and as Kpop was getting more global, they were objectively the #1 girl group with an international fandom at the time and it wasn't even close. The scandal happened and that really took them off the map. Then Minzy left and yeah we all know it was the end.

• nope, 2ne1 was definitely not flopping. Comeback Home was one of their most successful songs and as Kpop was getting more global, they were objectively the #1 girl group with an international fandom at the time and it wasn't even close. The scandal happened and that really took them off the map. Then Minzy left and yeah we all know it was the end.

Crush performed well digitally but physicals were very bad + the world tour wasn't as successful as anticipated

CL western venture also flopped

Minzy left

BP debuts with massive success

YG pulls the plug on 2ne1

• Bom scandal.

It was a drug scandal. They had to keep it low or else god knows what more drugs and other scandals would have come out in light.

We already had the idea after burning sun scandal and yg prostitution scandals.

Bom was just a small part of it. YG could have given detail statements regarding it and explained it well since it was nothing but prescribed medication which was banned in korea. But they just kept it low in fear more others scandals could have come out.

• I agree with Hopz, I don't think that they had exactly peaked yet, CBH was indeed a hit!

That being said, you're right about the slight decrease in popularity AND about BP basically negating any hopes for them to carry on as a Trio (I still don't believe it was feasible).

But in the end Hardy, they were never treated with the respect they deserved. This entire mess could've been easily prevented had YGE properly managed them with better efficiency! Teddy also screwed up with that "Mental breakdown" song on the album when it turned out he had sampled someone else's! Lets not forget that!

• Bom scandal.

It was a drug scandal. They had to keep it low or else god knows what more drugs and other scandals would have come out in light.

We already had the idea after burning sun scandal and yg prostitution scandals.

Bom was just a small part of it. YG could have given detail statements regarding it and explained it well since it was nothing but prescribed medication which was banned in korea. But they just kept it low in fear more others scandals could have come out.

Yup, that pretty much sums up their pathetic efforts. He did release a press statement "explaining" some of it, but by then, it was already too late. The sh*t had hit the fan!

• I agree with Hopz, I don't think that they had exactly peaked yet, CBH was indeed a hit!

That being said, you're right about the slight decrease in popularity AND about BP basically negating any hopes for them to carry on as a Trio (I still don't believe it was feasible).

But in the end Hardy, they were never treated with the respect they deserved. This entire mess could've been easily prevented had YGE properly managed them with better efficiency! Teddy also screwed up with that "Mental breakdown" song on the album when it turned out he had sampled someone else's! Lets not forget that!

YG totally suck at managing their acts, especially their GGs + 2ne1 didn't have a huge fandom to back them up

• The group was over after the Bom scandal, because YG handled the situation very badly as usual.

It was clear that YG was no longer interested in giving a comeback to the group. After their performance at MAMA 2015 everyone was expecting a comeback, but YG made it clear that he had no plans for them. In that moment I understood that the group was over. If Minzy hadn't left YG I don't think they would have released a new album anyway, maybe YG would have released a single just to please the fans and then he would have left them in the basement until the contract expired.

• Bom’s scandal was the beginning of the end and Minzy leaving was the final end.

Also contrary to what many say (that YG did nothing), YG did defended Bom and explained her situation, but to that time people were accusing YG of just trying to cover up her scandal and believed they also did so 4 years earlier, so it didn’t stop people from hating.

I’m sure a lot of things happened behind close doors that were not made public and some of the members were going through mental issues.

Not much explanation, so it’s understandable that people were leaving their anger and blame out on YG and still do.

But the real culprits were the media and antis. They ruined 2ne1.

• This thread contains one more post that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!