Body Acceptance Catching on in Kpop?

• I’m gonna be honest with you, I don’t think this is true at all.

1. Jeongyeon is the worst example, koreans all know she’s sick, she’s suffering from a herniated disc. Especially since twice is an established group snd they’ve made a name for themselves already they are gonna be shielded.

2. There were always idols that gained weight since forever, literally most idols debut skinner then they are now. Also, “thick” idols have always been liked, there is a term called “honey thighs” and this is what koreans find “ideal” rather than stick skinny.

I wish this would change of course but korea is the most “lookist” society on the planet. I would say otherwise but kids my age still criticize themselves over their weight and they also do that to celebs. They’re just less rude than the older gen.

The only thing that’s probably changed or is in the process of changing is actively shunning idols about their weight on live TV. Not that this was ever okay but I think all people are becoming aware, including the annoying ilbe men who make these comments.

• I don’t think it’s changed at all. Both boy and girl groups stay under constant pressure. I see some questions in the thread about whether bg have pressure roo. Yes, Jaehyun from NCT and Kai from EXO have repeatedly talked about needing to diet/being on a diet, as has Kun from WayV and Baekhyun from EXO. None of these dudes are overweight.

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!