Cyberbullying in Kpop.

• Cyberbullying towards idols comes from different parts of the world. Why are we trying to convince ourselves that ONLY comments coming from South Korean internet users are malicious?

Five minutes ago I read:

A couple of comments making racist connotations towards Yuta Nakamoto and Qian Kun.

Death threads towards Chen, his wife and daughter.

Bodyshaming towards Hwasa and Ryujin.

Misogyny and misandry towards Sehun and Seulgi.

Colorism towards Lucas and Kai's skin tone. They called them "burnouts."

Where did our basic human decency go? Where did our humanity go? Would you like your loved ones to be hurt with the same words you used? Would you like the idols you support to receive dehumanizing comments?

Kpop's unpopular opinions are nothing more than a mask to have "validity" when it comes to slaughtering an idol. Just because they are unpopular opinions doesn't mean you should belittle your education and intelligence and make it obvious that you are a monster waiting for an opportunity to attack. Words are powerful, you don't need to be a killer to kill.

I can't make a criticism of Lee Know's dance style (an example) without knowledge of the subject. Would you say sushi tastes disgusting if you haven't tried it?

We are not thinking and do not care.

Why do we scrutinize the Kpop industry to the point that we get to create opinions of the sunbeam that landed on an idol's head? We are exactly what those who say that Kpop fans are terrible describe. I am aware that there is not only toxicity in Kpop, but it was hard for me to accept and admit that we are on a higher level.

Constructive criticism and malicious comments are unrelated, we must learn to differentiate between them. If I wish to offer an opinion, I will think twice, relying on knowledge of the subject, not malice.

When the idols who did bullying came to light, we demanded that they "pay" for the damage they caused, tell me, what do they charge us when we do cyberbullying? We should apologize wholeheartedly to the artists to whom we have left harmful comments, otherwise, we would be great hypocrites. We would be aggressors criticizing aggressors.

The opposite of love is indifference, not hate.

Freedom of expression is not equivalent to disrespect.

Criticizing the physical appearance of idols is cruel. You and I did not have a menu where we were allowed to select what we wanted to look like, if we could have symmetrical, sculptural features, if we could have green eyes, we were not allowed anything. But we CAN choose to be quality people, with values.

If we are not given a manual to be good people, why do we have one to be cruel?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!