Body Acceptance Catching on in Kpop?

• in the 4th gen i’ve noticed more idols aren't fitting into the super skinny mold set by kpop (LOONA Hyunjin, Purple Kiss Swan, and Stayc Seeun come to mind) and it seems fans and the general public don’t mind. whereas just a few years ago, people freaked out when Prisitin debuted with Kyla. Jeongyeon is another example, from what i’ve seen—aside from a few trolls which will always be a thing sadly—the public has mostly shielded Jeongyeon from hate from her weight gain, saying that her weight doesn’t matter, only her health.

do you think my observations are accurate? are they the beginning of a trend in kpop that will carry on?

[+808,8] Jennie wears high heels larger than your oppa's dick, sit down

Animated GIFAnimated GIF

• I hope the fuck not, I am not willing to stan Chubby idols. I don't understand this body acceptance, You should always thrive to look your best.

• I hope the fuck not, I am not willing to stan Chubby idols. I don't understand this body acceptance, You should always thrive to look your best.

You could thrive to look your best yet still accept people having different bodies and not freak out about it by forcing them to fit with your standards. You don't need to stan them but don't be disgusting about it.

lt64IYu.gif

• You could thrive to look your best yet still accept people having different bodies and not freak out about it by forcing them to fit with your standards. You don't need to stan them but don't be disgusting about it.

Good luck making money being chubby in South Korea, you must really love them so much lmao. :pepe-hehe:

Edited once, last by haj1ma ().

• it's a bit better than it used to be, i'll give the industry that.

but honestly i don't think so. it's sad but i don't think it's changed a lot. it really needs to, though. all idols should be proud of how they look naturally and love themselves for who they are without being forced to change.

• wtf is ur problem?

do you not realize ppl who think like you are the ones that cause ppl to develop eds and body dysmorphia?

being healthy is not a problem and they are all looking their best

your ignorance and stupidity is surprising me

Whatever go to the gym

Edited once, last by haj1ma ().

• Honestly i see more skinny idols than thicker ones. Especially when you compare it with the 2nd gen. A lot of idols look thicker than they are in rl. Especially due to the fact that all the other band member are thin as well (cheerleader effect) and the bad cameras.

• Good luck making money being fat in South Korea, you must really love them so much lmao. :pepe-hehe:

Well if you're talented and likable enough then why not? You keep making it like being fat is a person's identity

that nothing else matters or count for the person. Some people don't mind the look of overweight people like you do. Some mind it in being attracted but overlook that for the artist's qualities. It's not like I only listen to artists I find attractive (some I even find not good-looking but I like them either way). You're just weird speaking lowly about a group of people like that. As I said, you don't have to stan them. Just don't be disgusting about it.

lt64IYu.gif

• I doubt it’s getting better. There is more skinny one then curvy girl. And the Purple Kiss girls meeting with Moonbyul shows that Swan being pressured because of her weight. She is so young and her crying about her “weight issue” shows that she must have heard the you are overweight talk a lot. I wish they wouldn’t be pressured like that. They look beautiful as they are.

• Well if you're talented and likable enough then why not? You keep making it like being fat is a person's identity

that nothing else matters or count for the person. Some people don't mind the look of overweight people like you do. Some mind it in being attracted but overlook that for the artist's qualities. It's not like I only listen to artists I find attractive (some I even find not good-looking but I like them either way). You're just weird speaking lowly about a group of people like that. As I said, you don't have to stan them. Just don't be disgusting about it.

I honestly listen to kpop for the visuals, I will not leave hate comment mentioning idols, I just don't stan idols who are Chubby. If you are telling them to accept it, they will not make money too, so I don't understand body acceptance in kpop.

• No. The idols still needs to go through Extreme dieting everytime they are making a comeback. Yes, there are some idols that arent fitting into the super skinny body. But, they arent fat either. Once they reach that, People will talk.

• I doubt it’s getting better. There is more skinny one then curvy girl. And the Purple Kiss girls meeting with Moonbyul shows that Swan being pressured because of her weight. She is so young and her crying about her “weight issue” shows that she must have heard the you are overweight talk a lot. I wish they wouldn’t be pressured like that. They look beautiful as they are.

wait when was this T_T

also i feel the whole body issue is way better than 2nd gen tbh

.................. where are we now ..................

• After they appeared in her radio-tv show thingy. There is a video on the girls channel when they sat down to talk after the show ended. MB was such a sweetheart, she gave encouraging words to all the girls. It was so wholesome!

:pepe-sad:

omg really? ill go watch it then. ik she's facing criticism for her weight, but its so unnecessary, she so damn talented, she can sing, dance, and is pretty like what more do you want from her T_T

.................. where are we now ..................

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!