Imagine trying to be a champion for "body positivity" while being a kpop stan lol

• Obviously you can be a kpop fan and believe in body positivity, but it's ludicrous trying to push body positivity agenda within the context of kpop. The whole industry is based on strict physical attraction standards. Yet some people complain of topics about kpop idols' figures, when these same idols are praised constantly by their fandom and media for having nice bodies. One thing is standing up for what's right, the other is being out of touch with reality

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I don't know if that's even allowed. Also you're mentioning other people's opinions when we don't even know what exactly they said.

What's not allowed is naming and linking other forums

Specific opinions aren't being discussed but the general idea people could have when they try to take a body positivity stance within the context of kpop

• As long as the person is healthy, their weight should not matter I remember when everyone sent death threats to Suzy and Yuri for gaining less then 10 pounds while on vacation. Or how Jihyo and Momo were treated when preparing for debut. It is insane. Appreciate their talent and let them be happy for heaven's sake. They are here to sing and entertain not to be your personal barbies. Psy and many other male idols are not held to this standard, and we just appreciate their artistry. We need to do that with everyone in the industry. Otherwise idols will continue to get eating disorders that cause their bodies to be frail and they will end up spending all of their off time in the hospital like HyunA, IU, Jessi, and many others have throughout most of their careers because of the insane standards people are shoving on them, instead of letting them live. You can be beautiful without starving yourself down to a skeleton.

Micah Forever

Benny's Smoll Bean

mERCf4S.png

• What's not allowed is naming and linking other forums

Specific opinions aren't being discussed but the general idea people could have when they try to take a body positivity stance within the context of kpop

But in the OP you said: "some people on another forum". You're indeed discussing specific opinions and we don't know what these opinions are actually about and what they're trying to discuss.

Idk, but I feel like you're trying to generalize (once again) ifans based on what you've read elsewhere.

• I think you misinterpret body positivity. Being comfortable with whatever size you wanna have and don’t have to be shamed for it. That’s what it entails

It is if someone is big, don’t shame them.

If someone is thin, don’t shame them. That’s body positivity. Idols wanting to keep slim because they feel beautiful that way is their issue. Don’t shame them for that too. That’s body positivity

• I think you misinterpret body positivity. Being comfortable with whatever size you wanna have and don’t have to be shamed for it. That’s what it entails

It is if someone is big, don’t shame them.

If someone is thin, don’t shame them. That’s body positivity. Idols wanting to keep slim because they feel beautiful that way is their issue. Don’t shame them for that too. That’s body positivity

Beautifully said, do not shame people. If you are afraid someone has an eating disorder, help them do not shame them, if someone likes to eat let them, do not shame them. Let people be happy and let them love themselves

Micah Forever

Benny's Smoll Bean

mERCf4S.png

• One thing OP got right is that the song is a bop

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Wanna be woke kpop fans trying to use kpop as an outlet for their activism fantasies. It's kinda funny because most of the time it doesn't take long for them to contradict themselves and expose their hypocrisy. Like advocating for feminism and female empowerment and in the same breath being misogynistic toward fangirls and slutshaming female idols they don't like, campaigning against CA but dismissing knetz's concerns about korean culture being misappropriated, advocating for body positivity but bodyshaming idols they don't like and directly or indirectly supporting unhealthy diets and body image culture etc

Me thinks these people should stop acting like being a kpop fan is a personality trait and it somehow reflects their intellect and intelligence, just enjoy the music and idols and go.

• Wanna be woke kpop fans trying to use kpop as an outlet for their activism fantasies. It's kinda funny because most of the time it doesn't take long for them to contradict themselves and expose their hypocrisy. Like advocating for feminism and female empowerment and in the same breath being misogynistic toward fangirls and slutshaming female idols they don't like, campaigning against CA but dismissing knetz's concerns about korean culture being misappropriated, advocating for body positivity but bodyshaming idols they don't like and directly or indirectly supporting unhealthy diets and body image culture etc

Me thinks these people should stop acting like being a kpop fan is a personality trait and it somehow reflects their intellect and intelligence, just enjoy the music and idols and go.

I understand many fans act like this but there are also a lot of us who actually have spent our spare time signing many petitions to the courts regarding racial issues, and protesting the violence that has been taking place. I know myself and quite a few others on this fourm actually have been doing activism work so please do not generalize the whole community.

Micah Forever

Benny's Smoll Bean

mERCf4S.png

• I understand many fans act like this but there are also a lot of us who actually have spent our spare time signing many petitions to the courts regarding racial issues, and protesting the violence that has been taking place. I know myself and quite a few others on this fourm actually have been doing activism work so please do not generalize the whole community.

I respect that but I am specifically talking about the ones whose activism is only performative. That's why I called them "wanna be woke fans"

• I respect that but I am specifically talking about the ones whose activism is only performative. That's why I called them "wanna be woke fans"

AH, my apologies I thought you were generalizing at first read. I will agree those who pretend but actually participate in the things that activism is fighting to end, is saddening to see as they detract from the positive things being done to change for the better.

Micah Forever

Benny's Smoll Bean

mERCf4S.png

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!