Who says Olivia isnt making an impact in Asia? Look at this ffs (updated to include Nayeon Rodrigo on page 3).

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The song isnt my fave, but holy hell, listen to this Korean girl sing a song like this in English. Her accent is obvious but she nails every word, you can understand every word she says. Her and Sieun are killing me with their English.

After listening to their tiny little bit of Drivers License here, i am begging Sieun and Sumin to do a full cover of Drivers License or Happier. Please, High Up make it happen. X(

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• They also did a group cover of Kiss Me More by Doja Cat and SZA, yet that song is #108 on Gaon Digital. drivers license peaked at #128, and good 4 u hasn't even reached the top 200.

She's big in USA, Europe, Australia, etc. but not in Asia (besides maybe the Philippines).

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• I'm here for the drama

:pepe-flirt:

No drama intended, just was so thrilled to see Kpop idols embracing Olivia. I think she connects with young women everywhere.

But honestly, instead of another fanwar, what i really wanna see is StayC covering my favorite Olivia songs (Happier and Drivers License). :cheersc:

• They also did a group cover of Kiss Me More by Doja Cat and SZA, yet that song is #108 on Gaon Digital. drivers license peaked at #128, and good 4 u hasn't even reached the top 200.

She's big in USA, Europe, Australia, etc. but not in Asia (besides maybe the Philippines).

Oh yes, i know that Doja cover, it's literally my number one song on YT, i watch it like 10x a day lol.

• A lot of non American acts cover songs that are popular in America.

There are so many covers of Leave The Door Open by Korean artists.

I just listened to that song. I'm over RnB songs i've heard a billion of them in my lifetime, but DAMN, the vocals on this song from everyone. Wow, it's a better song than Good4U frankly. Although nothing can defeat Olivia's ballads lol.

• Me too. :pepe-popcorn:

This is a StayC/Olivia appreciation thread, you can toss the popcorn in the trash and move along no drama here :ragec:

• People covering Songs = impact

Ok ^^

Well, think of how hard Sumin had to work, not only to learn the song but also to get her English to this level. It takes a ton of practice, it would probably take me months to get my Korean pronunciation to this level and i actually grew up in a Korean speaking household lol.

For a hot up and coming idol like her to cover it screams impact to me.

• I wouldn't she is that big in Asia, as an Indian myself. My Indian friends didn't know Driver's License. Which was a big surprise to me but after I told them about it they listened to it and liked it. I asked them today if they listened to Olivia's new song and they said they listened to Driver's License.

Yeah that was kind of embarrassing. Anyway, I don't think it is a problem she isn't that big in Asia. Her main focus is U.S and U.K and she is already known around here so it ain't a big problem.

• I wouldn't she is that big in Asia, as an Indian myself. My Indian friends didn't know Driver's License. Which was a big surprise to me but after I told them about it they listened to it and liked it. I asked them today if they listened to Olivia's new song and they said they listened to Driver's License.

Yeah that was kind of embarrassing. Anyway, I don't think it is a problem she isn't that big in Asia. Her main focus is U.S and U.K and she is already known around here so it ain't a big problem.

they probably meant East Asia and SEA

• I just listened to that song. I'm over RnB songs i've heard a billion of them in my lifetime, but DAMN, the vocals on this song from everyone. Wow, it's a better song than Good4U frankly. Although nothing can defeat Olivia's ballads lol.

It was traditional RnB/soul, which is not what usually becomes popular these days

I found out about the song via BTS who mentioned it in an interview they gave in March

I'm surprised you only just heard it, isn't it really big in the US now?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!