Billie Eilish Slammed for Allegedly Saying ‘Ch*nk,’ Mocking Black and Asian Accents

• Article link: https://www.yahoo.com/entertai…dly-saying-201224998.html

Billie Eilish has come under fire for allegedly saying “ch*nk” and using a mock Asian accent in a series of clips posted on TikTok this week.

The allegation: TikTok user @lcxvy compiled the undated clips and captioned the allegedly problematic parts on Monday.

• In one of them, Eilish can be heard seemingly saying the word “ch*nk.”
    • Another shows the 19-year-old singer speaking unintelligibly and in what sounded like a mock Asian accent.
    • User @lcxvy also included a clip in which Eilish’s brother, Finneas, allegedly calls her out for “talking with a blaccent.”

What people are saying: As of this writing, the TikTok video — which was also reposted on Twitter — has garnered nearly one million views and drawn mixed reactions from users.

• Some accused Eilish of being racist and demanded an apology.
    • Others came to the singer’s defense, claiming she was only 14 in the clips compiled and wondered if it was a tic from her Tourettes syndrome.
    • Meanwhile, others pointed out that the clips lacked context and urged Eilish to address the accusations.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The bigger picture: The allegation is one of several jabs faced by Eilish on social media at present.

NextShark has reached out to High Rise PR and Paradigm Talent Agency for further comment.

protector of the gharqad tree

tumblr_lkl136Bxsg1qbvbvxo1_500.gif

• i don't think she says that though. Not if you don't look at the screen while the word appears (which is typical phenomenon that your brain will try to hear what you read and not what is actually audible). For the rest, especially the mocking part, yeap. people forget that she made extremely sexist comments and body shamed men just a few months ago, which is really ironic because her whole thing until two months ago was "don't body shame me,". Typical ignorant, entitled, nouveau rich, california teen crap.

• Found it, around 2.55

External Content www.youtube.com

also this

External Content www.youtube.com

Stupid teen stuff, and not as serious as the rest, but it is what it is. Especially after beeing pushed so hard for years by the industry for supposedly being different from the other pop stars and how deep and mature she was for her age and an icon for anti-body shaming, I guess people are really getting tired of that and don't ignore her stupidity anymore. Anyways, time to get the pop corn i guess

• Yeah, I saw these. Can't be selectively advocating for a cause. It's either all or nothing. My problem with a lot of activism is that it's based on hype and trends. If you're advocating for social justice for one race, you should be treating other races with respect behind the scenes as well.

It is as you say. it is the whole wokification or however you call the whole corporate signaling these days. Used to be the famines in africa, then Tibet and south africa, then the climate, now it's BLM, new feminism or whatever else trends on twitter this afternoon. As if corporations and their products like billie eilish ever really cared for any of it. You don't hear anyone talking about Tibet nowadays do you? Apartheid ended so all is great in SA. I guess the famines and the other problems were solved?

Dignity and consistency are words that don't exist in the vocabulary of the corporate world.

• What other context does there need to be? She used an Asian accent to mock Asians and used the anti-Asian derogatory slur.

I suppose I'll give her the benefit of the doubt for being young and dumb. This was also before this year's Stop Asian Hate movement, when big corporations finally started to speak out against anti-Asian actions and rhetoric. All we can really hope for is that things change and future generations refrain from making racist jokes. Casual racism towards any race has got to stop.

I don't want to single her out for it because this has largely been a thing societally.

I'm just not gonna hate her for these few clips that I don't know what happened before or after..... I don't understand a lot of what she's saying anyway, my English skills aren't great lately, especially for slang

• Official Post

A lot of her fans puts up with her treating them horribly. I remember a few months ago, she posted a collection of nude drawings on Instagram, and shortly afterwards she lost quite a lot of followers. She made an online statement calling them "babies" for not liking the "art" she had drawn. That statement was obviously overly harsh and condescending, and that's coming from someone who is perfectly fine with nude art. I don't remember her getting any flack from her fans for this. It just shows you they're desensitized to her bad behavior. If these claims of racism are true, they'll just shrug it off. They're that fanatical.

Are we really going to sit here and act like calling someone a baby is a serious insult lmao

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!