[real talk] why do kpop stans always invalidate bts' experiences?

• "armys have a victim complex"

"nothing bts went through was that bad"

"they're the biggest group in the world, why are they/armys talking about years old drama"

"they're exploiting mental health bc they talk about it in their music"

like, seriously? namjoon saying this one thing has the entire kpop community in shambles and for what exactly?

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

i've seen the fandom who felt called out by this saying he's enabling "toxic army behavior", i've seen them saying he should get over it, essentially dismissing the very real feelings bts felt by being literally bullied for years, ect ect. and all it proves to me is that kpop fans are as deluded and gross and hypocritical as they've always been. everyone loses all basic huma empathy when it comes to bts like they arent human beings. and to think international kpop stans to this day still act like they're any better than kfans when they do the same ass shit. look in a mirror!

also a very thought provoking thread that is highly relevant. many people should read this, even though its been said a million times before.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Official Post

The part where some kpop stans gaslight ARMY for noticing and calling it out and say we're imagining that BTS and ARMY get called out more - SMH.

Or they just go all out and make it ARMY's fault. Their excuse? ARMY is bullying them - cause there are so many ARMY, all of them calling it out is ganging up on them. Wow, so you are the victim and get a pass for bullying cause people reacted and you felt that was bullying you back? This isn't limited to kpop stans - I can point to Western media and fandoms too.

All idols and groups get some hate, but BTS has gotten it from all sides.

• The fandoms who made the made the most noise over Namjoon’s statement were also the ones who were the most abusive towards them during their rookie and rising years, so they probably feel called out and would prefer to sweep this under the rug. That way, it’s easier for them to revise history for Kpop newcomers as they’ve been trying to these past few years.

Too bad BTS themselves won’t forget it.

The excuse of ARMYs being “massive” and “toxic” cannot be used to explain or justify what these fandoms did, especially circa 2014-2016 since our biggest mistake came from commenting about BTS on unrelated YouTube videos lol.

• Oh my god, this is the 999th "real talk about BTS". Just know that they are on top and no need to talk about the lack of people's acknowledgement on their success :boredr:

how do you see a thread titled "why do people invalidate bts' experiences"...and then invalidate their experiences using the same dismissal i literally highlighted in the op. just know you're part of the problem.

no1 is obligated to like or acknowledge them. the problem is the harassment people send their way and to their fans. constantly. but i see you missed that point in your need to pull a "bts are successful so shut up" card as so many kpop stans do.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!