How to dig your own grave (ft. APRIL NAEUN’s alleged sister)

• People keep bringing up the T-ara case but they always miss one crucial detail - Hwayoung NEVER claimed that she was bullied. Not even once, in fact she said she wasn't.

Netizens just saw the members shading her and decided on their own that she was. And since it brought her sympathy, she just played along with it.

In this case, Hyunjoo's brother, her friend, and Hyunjoo herself are saying the bullying happened. We even have Hyunjoo's medical records as proof and the courts dismissed DSP's lawsuit.

This is like comparing apples to oranges - both fruit but with completely different flavour profiles.

• Exactly, there are always two sides and people should listen to both but it feels people use the T-Ara case in all of these idol bully allegations to downplay the seriousness of these allegations. Here especially since Hyunjoo even has had a suicide attempt

• but in the same time we have tons of ex dsp staff defending April and even ex member of a DSP BG

and i'm sorry but i no longer medical records, since the friend of the alleged victim of Taeyong bullying use a medical record saying that this was a proof of taeyong fans harrassing her

and then the victim came forward and said that the medical record wasn't about the taeyong case but something unrelated and that her "friend " use it as a proof against ty

for the moment it's still a case of he said, she said, they said

there's no real evidence yet who can confirm a bullying , hyunjoo medical record prove that she made a suicide attempt but that doesn't prove any bullying

a person can have much more reasons to make a suicide attempt, some make because of the pressure etc...

and knowing that she was an idol at a young age, the pressure might be too high for her etc...

i'm not taking side, i just want both side to bring more proof confirming the bullying or the absence of bullying

and stop bringing unrelated proof

because this case is going nowhere now

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

#aespa from Chill Kill #aespa from Chill Kill

• And the courts dismissing all of DSP's lawsuits? Not proof enough?

• To adress the medical record part: the brother posted it since yena’s sister said that she was so lazy and missed out a showcase due to it when she was in fact attempting suicide. The Ex staff also said that she just went to the Hangang and that she was just missing as her “suicide attempt” when the records showed that she was hospitalized due to a drug overdose (sleeping pills or something).

• The court did not dismiss a lawsuit as it never reached them. The police did, and this lawsuit was only against Hyunjoo's relatives who posted some stuff on the SNS.

Right after that, DSP filed a lawsuit against Hyunjoo herself so we'll see how this one goes.

Well it is similar to the other current controversy (won’t name it though since I still do not know as much as here). The police dismissed the defamation lawsuit of DSP which kind of verifies that the brother was in fact telling the truth and that there were no lies in his statement that could be seen as defamation. Also he said the name which underlines what that rejection might mean

• Well it is similar to the other current controversy (won’t name it though since I still do not know as much as here). The police dismissed the defamation lawsuit of DSP which kind of verifies that the brother was in fact telling the truth and that there were no lies in his statement that could be seen as defamation. Also he said the name which underlines what that rejection might mean

I don't think it means that. I doubt at this point the police did a thorough investigation on the truthfulness of the statements. They only deemed these posts didn't constitute a slanderous attack and that's it. Plus, Hyunjoo's relatives only repeated the things she told them so if anything, Hyunjoo should have been the person the lawsuit is filed against. Which DSP eventually did.

Problem is, as always it's gonna be word vs word. I don't see what kind of objective evidence can be found and revealed.

• I don't think it means that. I doubt at this point the police did a thorough investigation on the truthfulness of the statements. They only deemed these posts didn't constitute a slanderous attack and that's it. Plus, Hyunjoo's relatives only repeated the things she told them so if anything, Hyunjoo should have been the person the lawsuit is filed against. Which DSP eventually did.

Problem is, as always it's gonna be word vs word. I don't see what kind of objective evidence can be found and revealed.

They must have done a form of investigation in order to reject it or else they would make themself sue-able. If it was word vs word they would still let the prosecution go over it like in other defamation cases if it wasn’t that easy to decide. They rejected that lawsuit since it must not be defamation or in other words damaging or wrong/lie. Due to the nature of that statement it was in fact very damaging and could be used for every defamation case around the world IF it was 100% od partially wrong.

In regards to the damage done by the reveal of these allegations this could easily be seen as sland if it was wrong.

• They must have done a form of investigation in order to reject it or else they would make themself sue-able. If it was word vs word they would still let the prosecution go over it like in other defamation cases if it wasn’t that easy to decide. They rejected that lawsuit since it must not be defamation or in other words damaging or wrong/lie. Due to the nature of that statement it was in fact very damaging and could be used for every defamation case around the world IF it was 100% od partially wrong.

In regards to the damage done by the reveal of these allegations this could easily be seen as sland if it was wrong.

Maybe, I don't know. The funny thing is, a few months ago when all these bullying stories started to pop out, people were saying Korean laws were unfair, companies could sue their accusers for defamation even if they were telling the truth! It seemed very easy for companies to sue anyone bothersome.

And today, police dismisses lawsuits just like that, from big players like JYP and DSP no less, because supposedly these cases don't register as defamation...? So I don't know, it makes very little sense to me.

So now I guess Soojin is innocent because the police did accept the lawsuit, right? If there was any truth to the sisters' accounts, they would have dismissed the lawsuit filed by Cube against them, am I right? I'm okay with that, don't get me wrong! I take it! Now I'm gonna wait for the apologies from all those who threw Soojin to the wolves.

:pepe-tea:

• Maybe, I don't know. The funny thing is, a few months ago when all these bullying stories started to pop out, people were saying Korean laws were unfair, companies could sue their accusers for defamation even if they were telling the truth! It seemed very easy for companies to sue anyone bothersome.

And today, police dismisses lawsuits just like that, from big players like JYP and DSP no less, because supposedly these cases don't register as defamation...? So I don't know, it makes very little sense to me.

So now I guess Soojin is innocent because the police did accept the lawsuit, right? If there was any truth to the sisters' accounts, they would have dismissed the lawsuit filed by Cube against them, am I right? I'm okay with that, don't get me wrong! I take it! Now I'm gonna wait for the apologies from all those who threw Soojin to the wolves.

:pepe-tea:

No I think they changed the policies of these lawsuits. Before it was like that. South Korea was known for it - losing a case even though you are in the right.

For the Cube lawsuit, I don’t know. There are a lot of contradictions from both sides but since the victim also sued them and it wasn’t rejected (yet) it is also a more serious and complex case than this one (yet)

• No I think they changed the policies of these lawsuits. Before it was like that. South Korea was known for it - losing a case even though you are in the right.

For the Cube lawsuit, I don’t know. There are a lot of contradictions from both sides but since the victim also sued them and it wasn’t rejected (yet) it is also a more serious and complex case than this one (yet)

No, the sisters didn't sue Cube, they sued the perpetrators of secondary harassement ie. those who harassed them on the social media.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!