What do you think of polished groups vs. raw groups?

• What do you preffer? 11

1. My groups need to be the best when debuting and menage to surpass themself to be able to beat everyone else from the beginning (4) 36%
    2. I like groups who show how they grow and get better over time, that makes me even feel more proud to be their fan than if I would stan a allready "too perfect" group (7) 64%

What I mean is groups who debut on a high level and have to contain it or even try to get better and better each time wich is hard to menage (example BLACKPINK, TWICE, NCT, TREASURE, EVERGLOW, TXT, Stray Kids....) or groups who get better over time and show their progress by slowly getting better and better each time (example A.C.E, MONSTA X, iKON, KARD, NU'EST,...)

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• JiminieKookie

Changed the title of the thread from “What do you think of polished groups vs. rare groups?” to “What do you think of polished groups vs. raw groups?”.
  • Unfortunately, the reality is that, these days, they have to come out of the gate very strong, or they'll just get lost in the chaos of how many groups there are.

I am chuckling a bit about some of the examples of groups who didn't "debut on a high level." NU'EST, for a very long time, had the most viewed boy group debut MV, and KARD's Oh Nana was very popular right away, arguably the most successful co-ed kpop group ever (certainly internationally).

let's be friends

e9b8a6c6366aecb3faf71dcc6b4488775b109abb.gif

• Put the polish where it counts most..in the music. I get frustrated when the music doesn't or almost hits the bullseye more often than not.

• I want them to be good right out of the gate. They don’t have to be perfect but I wanna be able to look at them and think “That’s an artist”. If they aren’t at a certain level at debut I feel like they shouldn’t have debuted, or at least waited a few more years.

But I know many other fans don’t mind if they are at a low level at the beginning and later improve. That was kinda Nct Dream’s concept and they have gotten extremely popular lately.

• for me groups that give "polished" vs "raw" vibes all comes down to budget. 2nd gen groups and groups from small companies usually give me "unpolished" vibes (but not in a bad way I actually find cheapness quiet endearing) because compared to current groups and groups from big companies, they lack the budget to produce expensive, flawless mvs, songs, outfits, etc.

[+808,8] Jennie wears high heels larger than your oppa's dick, sit down

Animated GIFAnimated GIF

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!