Latest Exo comeback a reality check for Exols that they no longer can compete with NCT for album sales

• Let's wait for all members to come back after the military. If anything, this comeback exceeded my expectations. First, not only it is a special album with no group variety and music shows promotions but half the members are in the military and two of the existing members right now are just back from the military. I thought it wouldn't do so well but that 1m+ sales surprised me. The views, the iTunes everything but the K-charts was great. I don't think they or SM expected this. It only makes me wonder what will happen when all members are back. I am so excited about that because the time went by fast. I can't believe only Kai and Sehun are left.

lt64IYu.gif

Edited once, last by Yumeku ().

• not really... sm dont stock enough albums.

It was a 5 track special album with zero promo yet still got 1.2 million preorders.

But sm wont stock them to 2 million like they do nct. They arent available in many stores where ncts is... sm is rigging it so nct looks much more successful.

it sad that sm likes to sabotage their older groups

It was a 5 track special album with zero promo yet still got 1.2 million preorders.

But sm wont stock them to 2 million like they do nct. They arent available in many stores where ncts is... sm is rigging it so nct looks much more successful.

You make no sense because NCT dream pre-orders were already close to 2m so obviously SM is going to stock more for them.

lt64IYu.gif

• are NCT.....

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• 1.2 million for a special album, enough said...

It's kinda obvious SM didn't expect this album to do better numbers than DMUMT considering less members, and it being a special album, which most likely has lead to them not making enough of the album something which would explain why it's sold out in a lot of places. I do think that this is to some degree SM's fault, obviously the album would sell crazy good even without all members when Lay was comming back, dude is literally the best selling C-Pop solo artist of alltime I belive. Not to mention that all EXO solos has gotten a lot of newer kpop fans in to the group as a whole.

Then there is the whole debacle that a fuck ton of K-exol's (if you can call them that) are not supporting the group because of idiotic reasons like wanting Chanyeol out of the group for cheating on his very exisiting not at all super badly photoshoped GF............ Bruh, how do you even fall for that!?

But at the end of the day, does it really matter if EXO can or can't out sell NCT? They are close to being ten years old as a group and still sell amazing, having also missed out on most of the new K-wave thanks to being inactive. Not to mention this comback brought even more fans to the group.

• EXO members got so popular that it hurt the group's popularity. There are way more people who are fans of EXO members but probably like 60% or more are solo stans. NCT fans are way more united plus there's no hope of solos this year (or probably next year?) so they go all out for the group. Whereas the EXO solo bars bought very few EXO albums, probably all combined not even 50k.

• Yet exos sales are tracking like this.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Drops all the way to 2k for a day.. due to lack of stocking albums.

doesn't equal "sm is rigging it so nct looks much more successful" when NCT already had a bigger pre-order number. Not to mention SM benefits from EXO's album sales more than EXO members themselves so there's no point in "rigging" when it's not needed.

lt64IYu.gif

Nct dream album is and was alsobout of stock in some stores, leave your conspiracy out of it. If SM didn't want exo to sell they wouldn't have released around 10 versions of the album

• Happened with obsession now happening with this one.

Their sales arent being maximised nct is simply getting 5x better service more stock and they produce more than enough for nct.

And SM always treat their aging groups badly. You have jessics in your DP but dont know how sm works.

If you want to know what a truly mistreated and forgotten group looks like, there's fx that never got the 10 versions exo's still getting and none of their albums got reprinted like exo's this year. There's literally charts showing how much old exo albums were bought during the restocks in ktown, and let me tell you it wasn't near the amount requested by nct fans (showing the difference on demand)

And SM didn't restock hot sauce in many stores. This always happens idk why you guys think only one group is affected, the excuses you make....

• Nct dream album is and was alsobout of stock in some stores, leave your conspiracy out of it. If SM didn't want exo to sell they wouldn't have released around 10 versions of the album

Hey, just wanted to say,

There are only 4 versions of DFTF.

There are 6 individual covers (which are not versions).

I love Pikachu.

Always have, Always will.

"Pika-Pi"

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!