Official Digital Thread

• Your argument is heavily skewed towards viral song with viral moment like TT key point choreography etc, but viral doesnt equal to national hit.

If u take viral hit = national hit, i bet half of the songs with biggest digital points wont be up there. Songs like Spring day, some OSTs have pretty good chart run (peak wise and longevity wise), but going by your logic, they arent just because they never went viral.

WTF are you even talking

i never talked about viral moment or viral choregraphy

impact on the population can be measure different ways and not you mentionning Spring day -_-

when i literally explain why Spring day song was a national hit because it got the cultural impact to be call a national hit and not just a well charting hit

Viral moment help but it's not the only thing, and as much you can say AIIYL did well in the chart etc... i never saw any Knetz talking about AIIYL, being consider by any koreans like a national hit

• well

the big mama song its doing well for a group that disbanded/cmb more than 10 years ago

they are in all charts at this hours, now to see if msg wannabe do well tomorrow

after that it seem pretty dry until august

p.s: I forgot dream cmb lol, well they will for sure be up in genie and bugs but idk if their fans will go as hard on flo as this is a repackaged

• Looks like NL gonna snatch Gaon next week. Wonder will butter able to take it back and have 5 weeks at number one. Next few weeks gonna be interesting

Viral songs stay on top for around about 2 weeks like we have seen with SSAK3 & RS. So Next Level can stay on top for that time I guess.

Also MSG WANNABE are releasing a single tomorrow. Looks like they probably gonna have atleast 2 comebacks in June and July with tomorrow being 1st one. So they will be dominating charts for a while.

So I don't think 'Butter' will go #1 again unless MSG WANNABE song ends up like Brave Girls' recent comeback. Honestly I was expecting Brave Girls to go #1 as soon as they come back like BTS & IU do. I mean they still can but this just shows promotions are really important for charting unless you're BTS or IU. Someone tell me their total Melon ULs if you know them. So yeah if MSG WANNABE song ends up like that, I mean below BUTTER after about a week or so then only BUTTER can go #1 if it sticks like DYNAMITE did.

But I'm not expecting another week at the top. 4 is already alot. Let's see if it stays 16 weeks in top 10 or not. I guess 'Celebrity' is the longest charting top 10 of 2021 with 16 weeks. Or 'Lilac' might be. One of those two.

• Viral songs stay on top for around about 2 weeks like we have seen with SSAK3 & RS. So Next Level can stay on top for that time I guess.

Also MSG WANNABE are releasing a single tomorrow. Looks like they probably gonna have atleast 2 comebacks in June and July with tomorrow being 1st one. So they will be dominating charts for a while.

So I don't think 'Butter' will go #1 again unless MSG WANNABE song ends up like Brave Girls' recent comeback. Honestly I was expecting Brave Girls to go #1 as soon as they come back like BTS & IU do. I mean they still can but this just shows promotions are really important for charting unless you're BTS or IU. Someone tell me their total Melon ULs if you know them. So yeah if MSG WANNABE song ends up like that, I mean below BUTTER after about a week or so then only BUTTER can go #1 if it sticks like DYNAMITE did.

But I'm not expecting another week at the top. 4 is already alot. Let's see if it stays 16 weeks in top 10 or not. I guess 'Celebrity' is the longest charting top 10 of 2021 with 16 weeks. Or 'Lilac' might be. One of those two.

BG's ULs are currently around 400k

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Not sure about this 'viral songs only stay on top for around 2 weeks', I think being on top is often simply a matter of circumstances, who comes back when.

For example, if Aespa hadn't come back in the same week as digimon Heize and #1 bg BTS, they would've already been at the #1 top weeks ago, and if added to that #1 top trending gg BG wouldn't have come back now, Aespa would've had a PAK straight for a couple of weeks as well.

It's already a miracle Aespa were able to get to the top right now and even withstand such top charters like those 3 and as strong the competition as they've experienced.

• I am really impressed by panorama. When fans actually listen to your music.

It'll tie with violeta this coming week.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

ღ(¯`◕‿◕´¯) ♫ ♪ ♫ ʀօֆɛ ♫ ♪ ♫ (¯`◕‿◕´¯)ღ

7f9eee2656e838706ac90eac4079b6769f3c89b3.gifv fae84f51726793451a4df2eef61fd17a5162886c.gifv daafb8895819753cec2500fb0703ef2c89a49e7b.gifv

• But next level rise to 1 just this week, it would have been move from genie and bugs by other songs just like how it's doing now. It's summer so not combs it's not an option , people will cmb in mass as we just saw for the last weeks

Also on BG, like groups never replicate their viral hits and if anybody think they will do as well or more than Rollin then they are silly. As they are doing now it's ok bc they could have been a second momoland or crayon pop but they are doing better than that

• But next level rise to 1 just this week, it would have been move from genie and bugs by other songs just like how it's doing now. It's summer so not combs it's not an option , people will cmb in mass as we just saw for the last weeks

Also on BG, like groups never replicate their viral hits and if anybody think they will do as well or more than Rollin then they are silly. As they are doing now it's ok bc they could have been a second momoland or crayon pop but they are doing better than that

They were actually #1 on other charts and #3 on Instiz compiled iChart for quite some weeks, with only BTS and Heize being the main blockers.

Others turned out not to be that much of a hindrance, only swapping position here and there.

As for groups with viral hits, once again, there have been different scenarios: EXID and GFriend also had a big hit after going viral, but they followed that up with other huge hits.

In fact, BG would be topping most if not all of the charts with this comeback as well, if not for BTS and Aespa.

As I said before, topping a chart is partially a matter of circumstances, who comes back when.

• I guess 'Celebrity' is the longest charting top 10 of 2021 with 16 weeks

20 weeks

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• I am really impressed by panorama. When fans actually listen to your music.

It'll tie with violeta this coming week.

Their best title track deserves.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• Agree, if you follow the chart and read the pattern you know next level never move down from genie and bugs. They are staying from 1 to 3. Songs come and go down the chart but not next level. Since they rise to the top of melon, their staying power is even better now. For bugs, they are swapping top spot with brave girls right now. I expect them to pass brave girls on genie in 3 to 4 days maybe a bit longer.

• Both of msg wannabe songs got rooftop hit on genie

Both r coming for #1 and #2 most probably. :|

Unfair

7f9eee2656e838706ac90eac4079b6769f3c89b3.gifv fae84f51726793451a4df2eef61fd17a5162886c.gifv daafb8895819753cec2500fb0703ef2c89a49e7b.gifv

• Welp

• Asap and af out of top10. Can't wait to see how frontloaded these songs r. And if it's not frontloaded its going to dominate for long time. But the hype is crazy lol.

This is most probably the first time butter is out of realtime since release at proper hours.

• Asap and af out of top10. Can't wait to see how frontloaded these songs r. And if it's not frontloaded its going to dominate for long time. But the hype is crazy lol.

This is most probably the first time butter is out of realtime since release at proper hours.

alcohol free wont be out of top 10, shes at 8 rn so she'll be at 10.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!