Anyone want a useless geography-lesson from me?

• Germany has 16 staates, we call it "Bundesländer"

Jokingly people sometimes say it would be 17 cause there are soooo many German's on the Spanish island Malorca and some jokingly say cause of how many Germans there are, the Spanish would reject to call Malorca a Spanish island. Hear me out there are a bit over 1 million people on that island and it's said that about half of them are German. It's a beautiful island (I never been there but I saw videos) and it's such a shame how bad of an reputation Germans gave to this island by being drunk and party all day, but who cares ...

In each staate, except the city-staates you have something called a "Kreisgebiet" (= District area) it's mostly a few towns and villages surounding another town or even city. Most of the districts are called after a city, a river or a mountains. Some of the District-areas in Nordrhein-Westfalen are called for example: Ennepe-Ruhrkreis, Kreis Steinfurt, Kreis Warendorf, Märkischer Kreis, Kreis Unna, Kreis Hamm, Hochsauerlandkreis,... and so on. As example for the staate Sachsen there exist: Kreis Leipzig, Erzgebiergekreis, Kreis Zwickau, Kreis Bautzen, Kreis Görlitz,...

Even tho we have this, we often also call whole chunks of a Staate by a name. So for example in the staate "Nordrhein-Westfalen" you find areas called Ruhrgebiet, Rheinland, Münsterland, Ostwestfalen, Ostwestfalen-Lippe, ... and so on. The State Bavaria for example has Oberbayern, Unterbayern, Bayrische Jura, Bayrischer Wald, Oberpfalz, Fränkische Schweiz,... and so on and on ...

Also each staate has their own capital city, of cause for city staates their capital is the city they are named after. There are 3 city staates

Germany also got 92 islands but most people only know the name of 4-5 because nobody really cares if there is nobody living. The islands with people living on them are: Sylt, Borkum, Rügen, Amrum, Föhr, Usedom, Wangerooge, Langeroog, Juist, Fehman, Neuwerk, Pellworm, Ummanz, Hiddensee, Oland, Greifswalder Oie, Vilm, Memmert, Mainau, Helgoland, Ruden, Südfall, Scharhörm, Nordstrand, Nigehörn, Norderoog, Langlütjen, Reichenau. Many of these islands have under 100 citizen, some even just 1. The most popular islands are Helgoland, Sylt, Juist, Usedom, Borkum and Rügen. Especially Rügen, Sylt, Helgoland and Usedom are popular for hollidays. Rügen has the most citizen as an island with around 63K divided by 4 towns

If you want to know more useless stuff, than feel free to ask

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• which region is the richest compared to the poorest region?

Hamburg is a city-staate with 1.8 million citizen. It could be the richest one because it's said that the most rich people of thr country live there. The city-district "Blankenese" in Hamburg is known to have almost only villas and each apartment or house is too expensive to be payed to live there by most humans. I could also say it's maybe Bavaria cause it's capital city München with 1.5 million citizen is known as the I think 5th most expensive city in the world, but whole Bavaria except München is kinda cheap-ish so I am unsure, but a dude I know who's family was moving to Nürnberg wich is in Bavaraia said his family had a hard time finding an apartment cause this city is also kinda expensive so it may be that Bavarian cities are expensive and the towns and villages not.

For poor its most likly everything thats in east Germany because even tho the wall fell over 30 years ago its stated that in most jobs people living in east Germany earn less money than if they would do the job somewhere elese in the country.

• Hamburg is a city-staate with 1.8 million citizen. It could be the richest one because it's said that the most rich people of thr country live there. The city-district "Blankenese" in Hamburg is known to have almost only villas and each apartment or house is too expensive to be payed to live there by most humans. I could also say it's maybe Bavaria cause it's capital city München with 1.5 million citizen is known as the I think 5th most expensive city in the world, but whole Bavaria except München is kinda cheap-ish so I am unsure, but a dude I know who's family was moving to Nürnberg wich is in Bavaraia said his family had a hard time finding an apartment cause this city is also kinda expensive so it may be that Bavarian cities are expensive and the towns and villages not.

For poor its most likly everything thats in east Germany because even tho the wall fell over 30 years ago its stated that in most jobs people living in east Germany earn less money than if they would do the job somewhere elese in the country.

interesting and is there still any stigma for those from east germany by the west germans

• Some more random facts about Germany:

• In Berlin exist a bar that looks like a hospital. If you are too drunk to go home you can sleep in one of their hospital beds
    • It took 14,5 years to build Berlin's new airport the BER. People joked a lot how it "will never be finished". It originaly should be opend in 2012 but due to some fire-safety issues they had to postone it to 2013. Another issue delayed it to 2014 and than 2016 came and people begun to lose hope. A German comedian who runs a show on TV about useless spend tax-money said this airport is an expensive waste of money and visited it. On his visit he figured out they have each day the lights on wich causes the extrem unneeded electricity bill since the airport was not making any money at that time. The guy who build the thing really said "I have no idea where the lightswitch is" but 5 minutes after walking around the comedian found a lightswitch ... 5m in the air where nobody can reach it ...
    • The "English garden" in Munich is larger than the central park in New York
    • ex. chacellor Konrad Adenauer invented the vegan sausage made from Tofu in 1916
    • The slogan "Made in (country)" was originaly invented to show bad quality on products. The British people invented it to punish Germany for bad produced products mainly cause the steel Germany made was not from the best quality. After WW2 it totally changed and now the slogan only takes shame on mostly Asian countries cause many people asociate a low quality item when they for example read "Made in Bangladesh" or "Made in China" while people now really apreciate it when their item says "Made in Germany" to show its froma mostly good quality
    • If you escape prison you can't be punished, because there exist a law about that every human has a right to be free. The only punishment you can get while escaping from prison is when you escape and do crimes after you escaped.
    • The Beatles used to live in Germany in the early times of their career. All except 1 member had to leave the country after a while cause 1 member was underaged and the others simply just burned a condom down.
    • Germany has over 3200 different types of bread. Some of the most popular kinds are Roggenmischbrot, Weltmeisterbrot, Weißbrot, Paderborner, Kürbiskernbrot, Eiweisbrot,... literally bread named after a place or bread named after an ingredient but even tho so many kinds of bread exist most stores tend to sell the same few kinds of bread and almost each bakery has at least 1 bread that is different to the other breads
    • The most crooked tower in the world is not the leaning tower in Pisa, it's a church in the town Suurhusen. Here is an image: Click here for an image of that church
    • The smallest village is Gröde with only 8 citizen
    • In "Bad Sonnen-Allingen" are all people who own a shop foreced to use beige sunumbrellas and you are also not allowed to use beige colored sunumbrellas who have a print on it. If you violate the law you can be fined for up to 1.000€
    • Germany has the most zoos in the world. In total 400
    • Beer is officialy a food-dish and not a drink in Bavaria
    • Germany recycles 48% of their garbage wich makes it ranked 3rd after Switzerland and Austria
    • The Queen of Sweden is actually German. She met her husband, the Swedish King during one of the olympics in Germany
    • The company "Hugo Boss" produced the clothes the German army wore during ww2 :pepe-tea:
    • Germany has over 1.000 types of sausages
    • After WW2 there were so little men in the country that only each 3rd woman got a husband. After this more men were born so it evend it out a little bit, but there are still a few more women in the country than men

Edited 2 times, last by JiminieKookie ().

• Some more random facts about Germany:

• In Berlin exist a bar that looks like a hospital. If you are too drunk to go home you can sleep in one of their hospital beds
    • It took 14,5 years to build Berlin's new airport the BER. People joked a lot how it "will never be finished". It originaly should be opend in 2012 but due to some fire-safety issues they had to postone it to 2013. Another issue delayed it to 2014 and than 2016 came and people begun to lose hope. A German comedian who runs a show on TV about useless spend tax-money said this airport is an expensive waste of money and visited it. On his visit he figured out they have each day the lights on wich causes the extrem unneeded electricity bill since the airport was not making any money at that time. The guy who build the thing really said "I have no idea where the lightswitch is" but 5 minutes after walking around the comedian found a lightswitch ... 5m in the air where nobody can reach it ...
    • The "English garden" in Munich is larger than the central park in New York
    • ex. chacellor Konrad Adenauer invented the vegan sausage made from Tofu in 1916
    • The slogan "Made in (country)" was originaly invented to show bad quality on products. The British people invented it to punish Germany for bad produced products mainly cause the steel Germany made was not from the best quality. After WW2 it totally changed and now the slogan only takes shame on mostly Asian countries cause many people asociate a low quality item when they for example read "Made in Bangladesh" or "Made in China" while people now really apreciate it when their item says "Made in Germany" to show its froma mostly good quality
    • If you escape prison you can't be punished, because there exist a law about that every human has a right to be free. The only punishment you can get while escaping from prison is when you escape and do crimes after you escaped.
    • The Beatles used to live in Germany in the early times of their career. All except 1 member had to leave the country after a while cause 1 member was underaged and the others simply just burned a condom down.
    • Germany has over 3200 different types of bread. Some of the most popular kinds are Roggenmischbrot, Weltmeisterbrot, Weißbrot, Paderborner, Kürbiskernbrot, Eiweisbrot,... literally bread named after a place or bread named after an ingredient but even tho so many kinds of bread exist most stores tend to sell the same few kinds of bread and almost each bakery has at least 1 bread that is different to the other breads
    • The most crooked tower in the world is not the leaning tower in Pisa, it's a church in the town Suurhusen. Here is an image: Click here for an image of that church
    • The smallest village is Gröde with only 8 citizen
    • In "Bad Sonnen-Allingen" are all people who own a shop foreced to use beige sunumbrellas and you are also not allowed to use beige colored sunumbrellas who have a print on it. If you violate the law you can be fined for up to 1.000€
    • Germany has the most zoos in the world. In total 400
    • Beer is officialy a food-dish and not a drink in Bavaria
    • Germany recycles 48% of their garbage wich makes it ranked 3rd after Switzerland and Austria
    • The Queen of Sweden is actually German. She met her husband, the Swedish King during one of the olympics in Germany
    • The company "Hugo Boss" produced the clothes the German army wore during ww2 :pepe-tea:
    • Germany has over 1.000 types of sausages
    • After WW2 there were so little men in the country that only each 3rd woman got a husband. After this more men were born so it evend it out a little bit, but there are still a few more women in the country than men

Thank you for all of this info. I don't know why it is interest for me to spend my time reading fact like this, when in fact this might not be have any use in my life :pepe-hehe:

• About the Berlin airport..We in India experience this a lot too! Delay runs into years

And I'd love to live in Grode!

This is Gröde's island:

HalligGr%C3%B6de_RaBoe_wiki.jpg

Church with graveyard:

Gr%C3%B6de_Kirche%26Schule_MS_P4150036.JPG

Gröde after a flood:

7wOmmA7GcfPo-ZpObUZY3hzNWiU23TGyb4r-gSv3tg5xpRmtQvor7QMV63zQyPQzmZl2FtF2R3euBRv6NV-tSliuN70v2003msLctZ7fTeP8BbAq2Q

Gröde at lo tide:

49bd81691ed9d49aa6b92dc9451f9939.jpg

You will be very fucked if you live there

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!