Former akb48 now on Rocket Punch. Takahasi Juri bring spilled some tea on Korean Slave Contract

• I guess she didn't think it through when she decided to graduate and move to Korea. I know that AKB48 is not a place where you will want to stay forever but she was big in 48G. It would have been better if she stay there or at least redebut in Japan.

• her decisions have been very wrong along with miyu...

they knew what they were getting into when doing produce... miyu was paid dust and juri was never gonna make it anyway.. mnet let so many Japanese trainees waste their time and just used them for ratings never givlng them the positions they deserve and rigged most of the results

• Being an idol isnt about making money. It's not like the US back in the heyday of Swift, Rihanna, Beyonce, Carey, Eminem, etc where you can build 9 figure net worths. Idols have it far worse than most local acts, since not only does the company get a huge cut, you have to share the remaining spoils with like 10 other members sometimes.

Being an idol is about validation, getting appreciation and love from your fans and your friends and your family. Wowing them with your successful charting or album sales, YT views, fawning articles praising you. It's about loving the attention from your hardcore fans, it's about loving the stage or the camera and being the center of attention. Maybe acting in Kdramas or movies wouldve been a better choice if someone wants money as their main priority in the entertainment industry.

That being said, i feel bad for her. I feel bad for RP too, Woolim is a struggling company, i worry about Chaewon and Eunbi. I also feel bad for Cherry Bullet, theyre under FNC and we all know how FNC treats their idols, plus the company itself has been struggling for years. So many other GGs also struggling to keep the lights on.

There just might be too many labels and too many acts right now. Album sales are blowing up but it's concentrated on BGs and a select few GGs only. The US industry has consolidated into three giant labels that control 2/3 of the US market, the Korean music industry might need to do the same, especially since it's only a fraction of the size.

• she chose a bad company, i wouldn't leave a stable job for something so uncertain, she should have went to a big company or stay in AKB where she had some salary

• dang. I hope Hitomi and Nako stays with their group. Now how about Sakura? I think she will be fine.

Hitomi and Nako have nothing to worry about unless they are returning to join a mid tier company with little to no prospects. Literally all idols including BTS, EXO, Twice etc. have gone through this and look where they are now. You can find many anecdotes from idols about their time as rookies and the hardships they faced etc. Hitomi and Nako already have huge fandoms waiting for them (including the PUP if it succeeds). Their situation cannot be compared to Juri's.

• She went from a big company in a big market to a small company in a smaller market. What did she expect?

Outside the big 4, you get paid poorly, while being just as overworked.

• looks like fake news. the article reports gossip and speculation as news.

one obvious lie is a 10 year term - that is illegal in korea.

hit pieces about kpop idols are common in japanese media.

also a nice take here:

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

juri is a savvy girl. she's been in the music business since 2011 and has been a team captain since around 2015. sakura also consulted with her regularly while in korea (sakura also debuted in 2011, btw). juri negotiated terms that made it worthwhile to join.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!