BTS Butter reminds me of when I got into K-Pop

• When I first got into K-Pop a few years back it was new and fresh and exciting, all these groups and hit songs to discover. Then over time while you still enjoy K-Pop you realise that while the general quality is good, the real diamond songs are rarer.

Butter really gave me that original K-Pop vibe again ! They really did do something perfect I feel

WHY YOU SHOULDN'T HATE ON IDOLS

1. They are young people trying their best in a competitive industry.

2. You don't know what other pressures they are under, company mistreatment, diet, lack of success, not earning, long hard hours, family problems etc.

3. They have worked for years towards a dream to entertain us and offer it up pretty much free if you factor in streaming, Youtube MVs, reality shows.

4. We all know what can happen in extreme cases, mental health problems and even suicide (Sulli)

• When I first got into K-Pop a few years back it was new and fresh and exciting, all these groups and hit songs to discover. Then over time while you still enjoy K-Pop you realise that while the general quality is good, the real diamond songs are rarer.

Butter really gave me that original K-Pop vibe again ! They really did do something perfect I feel

Wow! I am really surprised that you think that. A have seen a lot of people say that Butter did not give the kpop vibe.

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Got to love Butter :borahae:

work in progress

• I wouldn't go as far as to say that, but yeah, being on the outside and only checking in on k-pop occasionally, it seems that there's so much good stuff there, but when you dive in, it's mostly kinda shit.

Butter is superb. Best k-pop title track in a very long time. Wonderfully made. It's interesting how different each section of the song is, but it never comes across as some kind of Frankenstein experiment.

• I think that’s why I really love BWL, Dynamite, and Butter! It has that nostalgia feel good vibe to it and they’re also super catchy so I find myself humming the songs absent mindedly! :danceb:

~ ω

• I was really thinking about the freshness and excitement as opposed to the song being like older K-Pop stuff. You know when you hear something REALLY good and it stands out like say Red Flavour or Twice's earlier stuff, Big Bang, GFriend at their best to name just a few.

It's that original feeling of 'colour' if you know what I mean that made K-Pop stand apart from Western artists??

2. You don't know what other pressures they are under, company mistreatment, diet, lack of success, not earning, long hard hours, family problems etc.

3. They have worked for years towards a dream to entertain us and offer it up pretty much free if you factor in streaming, Youtube MVs, reality shows.

4. We all know what can happen in extreme cases, mental health problems and even suicide (Sulli)

• I wouldn't go as far as to say that, but yeah, being on the outside and only checking in on k-pop occasionally, it seems that there's so much good stuff there, but when you dive in, it's mostly kinda shit.

Butter is superb. Best k-pop title track in a very long time. Wonderfully made. It's interesting how different each section of the song is, but it never comes across as some kind of Frankenstein experiment.

I'm still heavily into K-Pop and watch comebacks regularly and would say the quality is pretty consistent, think shit is too harsh lool. You're right the song is brilliantly constructed, but on top of that they made a great MV and styled the group amazingly well. It's pretty much perfect in my eyes

• You can't capture the lightning in a bottle twice. The early days of stanning are unique. For me it was all about learning about Soyeon, her path from her P101 days to (G)I-DLE's debut and onwards. I think it won't happen again with another idol anytime soon.

Are you a Soyeon stan? I did a Procreate edit of a photo off Instagram is there a section where people can show off art and music here

• O-NULL are you gonna watch their BBMA performance in a few hours?

:pepe-excited:

This might be too late for me in the UK if it is in a few hours but will check tomorrow thanks !

• Yes I am! I think this forum section is for sharing stuff: The Studio

Check it Alex_Murphy it's in there

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!