Tell me your 'getting into KPOP' story.

• My Kpop journey began with Sistar. This song hooked me into the genre:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

You can say that this song popped my Kpop cherry.

Even then, Im not totally bought into it completely.. until I saw/heard this:

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Then I dabbled with boy groups, mainly BB and BTS (mostly the Wings album).

Got hooked to Twice and BP for a brief moment but stayed a hardcore fan of Jeongyeon and Jisoo.

Now, my obsession is directed at Arin; patiently awaiting the next OMG comeback.

You hate me? Well, remember it's mind over matter. I do not mind and you do not matter.

9469e72bd497f024e0531bc6136b58c078539597.gif

• I'm in Kpop since 2008 but my journey started with Jpop and I fall in love with TVXQ (Tohoshinki) at this time because of their vocal and personality.

I learned they were korean and was there for their korean comeback at this time. So my 1st korean song was "mirotic" of them.

Treasure - ZB1

f02e618cd7bbbd88c9242e0ee12c5fe9.gif

• So it was 13 long years ago.

There I was in the library being studious when my Korean friend tapped me on the shoulder and said... Eman... look at this.

And on her laptop was SNSD's Into The New World.

So I watched.

Honestly I wasn't convinced until..... Yoona.

She appeared and suddenly I turned back to my friend and said, "Who is she? Who is this girl?"

"Oh that's Yoona."

I was smitten.

From that moment I became a Yoona fanboy.

Yoona led to SNSD.

SNSD led to greater kpop.

And the rest is history.

• Mine was bc of BP, in 2019 kill this love made me a blink, but I geuss blackpink was the last step? like BTS introduced me first to kpop in 2018 one of my best friends was an army(still is) and she told me to listen to mic drop, I really liked that song so I listened to it, then I tried out their other songs(by songs I mean one song :sweatr: ) Dna but I didn't like it so I just listened to mic drop and that was it, then I forgot about it, and then BP in 2019 introduced me again, then I was a gg stan only for a while then I stanned BTS and became a army, after listning to bwl and idol, but I was still A gg stan only other than them since I tried out txt's crown but I didn't like it so I didn't stan any bg other than BTS, than in 2020 Teasure dropped going crazy and I heard that they were BP's younger boygroup so I checked them out, then I liked the song so I checked out their show and t map and then I became a teume and then I tried out SKZ so I stanned and then that was it :wellr:

~Blood stain on my shirt new bitch on my nerves~

• I’ve told this story a thousand times . I got into K pop in 2011 through my daughter who was 9 at the time. We were watching TV and SBS Popasia came on and we both started watching it. I liked the music straight away and became a fan of 2nd gen like SuJu, SHINee, 2NE1 etc.

As my daughter got older she grew out of it but still has a few K pop songs in her playlist.

• I had a colleague who liked jpop and as I wanted to get closer to her I started listening to jpop (it wasn't my type of music lol). Snsd always showed up in my recommendations and as I didn't like jpop I thought I wouldn't like kpop either but I ended up listening to “I got a boy” at first I thought it was weird but the music didn't leave my head, In the end I heard all the snsd discography

(Sorry for the bad English guys)

:pepe-cowboy:

수많은 알 수 없는 길 속에
    희미한 빛을 난 쫓아가
    언제까지라도 함께 하는거야
    다시 만난 나의 세계

12668-61ba36d0-1a79-4dad-a89c-517c054a0bea-gif

BlackPink SNSD Twice

• i was watching anime videos on dailymotion and i came across this mv (orange caramel's magic girl) and there were subs in my language... it was 2010. then i found snsd's gee and the rest is history

ad11ae11545c4b3eb5805a7ca39e8142ff38948a.gifvab99d7e017ed0eea8ec207a6947f397b83c72db7.gifv57fd3a357756b7d61797af68f7a3247c55a15e4b.gifvb8a3784d7d06f39831a2371942429ffec7c00416.gifvcc43450dc4b9751b6bbff4f0e97fb2f3feb6cf5c.gifv

𝘆𝘂𝗾𝗶 ♡ 𝗺𝗼𝗺𝗼 ♡ 𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝘆𝗼𝘂, 𝘀𝗼𝗼𝗷𝗶𝗻

• on tv there was Wonder Girls "Tell Me" i was 8 years old at that time it was 2008, i have liked since it was catchy & girly

but my male friend introduced me to kpop group BigBang and first song I have heard was this

then I got into the rabbit hole

then I have introduced into 2ne1 through BigBang's Lollipop feat 2ne1

then I have found out they were from same company they all got swag & hip hop, i have liked

i have liked other groups as well SHINee, Miss A,T-ara etc. But YG's hip hop, swag & music direction fits more taste

• I was looking for a birthday gift for a friend who i knew was a big fan of this one kpop group but i knew nothing about kpop, all i knew was the group she liked was a bg with three letters and were very popular, so I went to a kpop store asked them who was popular with three letters and they pointed to the one who was the most popular at the time—BTS.

Fast forward to a few days before her bday, we went out to eat with friends and this kpop song comes on, it was bts’ fake love. Before I could say anything, two of them turns to bday girl and laughs. Long story short, that was the day i found out about fanwars lmao she did love a bg with a three letter name, only i got the wrong three letters.

Anyway how did i get into kpop? I ended up keeping the bts merch and in an effort to not waste the money i spent, i looked up bts but I didn’t really get hooked until a random day four months later when an old bts performance popped up on my Instagram explore page. It was the Fire performance from mama 2016, it was unlike any stage i’ve ever seen so i looked it up on YT and the rest is history.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!