Daechwita vs. U Mad: Which was better?

• Didn't listen that Bob guy song, don't even know who the guy is. But I'm sure know he has nothing on the best release of 2020. But everybody has their own music taste.... well or lack of taste.

The revolution like Saturn devours its own children”
    (o・_・)ノ”(ᴗ_ ᴗ。)

• i'm not one who often like hard hitting songs, but U Mad was... lmao Bobby exceeded himself i have no words. he went OFF.

MV would be about on par, Daechwita's similar styling with Fiance kinda ruined it for me a bit, otherwise it's a great MV. U Mad is maybe not as sophisticated, but looks like Bobby enjoyed himself a lot making it and it shows, his stunts were magnificent and he took time to train so he can do it himself.

Didn't listen that Bob guy song, don't even know who the guy is. But I'm sure know he has nothing on the best release of 2020. But everybody has their own music taste.... well or lack of taste.

U Mad, son?

• I'm not gonna answer this because I'm obviously biased.

But why compare to Daechwita all of a sudden lol?

Maybe comparing him to other YG rappers are more reasonable imo since they're closer in style.

• Daechwita; I respect Bobby's flow and he's fast af but I feel like he's yelling at me. Also Yoongi's flow and delivery changes in Daechwita are insane and really elevate the song and vid.

Also gonna say it: I'm entertained by how there's - 1. Bobby hanging out in a room that turns out to be in a moving vehicle (AgustD) and 2. he's fighting shadowy figures/surrounded by them (Shadow and Daechwita, but especially Shadow) Such extremely specific motifs and yet this vid uses both.

I think these convenient parallels and comparisons - spread further by threads like this - are exactly what YG was going for.

• Daechwita; I respect Bobby's flow and he's fast af but I feel like he's yelling at me. Also Yoongi's flow and delivery changes in Daechwita are insane and really elevate the song and vid.

Also gonna say it: I'm entertained by how there's - 1. Bobby hanging out in a room that turns out to be in a moving vehicle (AgustD) and 2. he's fighting shadowy figures/surrounded by them (Shadow and Daechwita, but especially Shadow) Such extremely specific motifs and yet this vid uses both.

I think these convenient parallels and comparisons - spread further by threads like this - are exactly what YG was going for.

Ahhhh yep, you maybe right .....juas as similar in how Daechwita reminded me SO MUCH of Mino fiance.... maybe indeed BH was trying the parallel thing you are mentioning here as well.

• At first viewing of U Mad

MV - Dwaechita, the set and the storyline was really dramatic. It looked like a movie and it was interesting that the music video actually connects to the song so that's a plus. And I guess maybe I wasn't blown away bc Yunho's MV for Thank You also included fight scenes and that had better scenes IMO

Beat - I also prefer Dwaechita there's something hypnotizing about the beat that makes me want to swat my head to it

Rap - hmmmm... I won't choose bc I'll be biased here. I probably would have appreciated Bobby's rap more if I was fluent in korean.

I'll try to listen to his album (did he drop one) and maybe update this if there's a change.

🧈🌳🌱🧈 RM Wifenida 🧈🌱🌳🧈

38bb8dc71205c520373397212dfdb9c72e11cbcb.gif

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!