This narrative about NCT lipsynching all the time needs to stop

• I only got into NCT recently and I found plenty of live performances while checking them out, I don't know why people keep pushing this narrative about them lipsynching all the time. Maybe it's because they're from SM and many kpop fans love to pretend that lipsynching is something only SM artists do? Everyone and their mothers lipsynch to prerecorded vocals in music shows nowadays and from my observations and extensive research I concluded that NCT might actually sing live more often than groups that are hailed for supposedly singing live all the time lol.

Haechan didn't invent singing for you all to disrespect him like that, smh

Make A Wish :

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

From Home :

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Kick It :

White Night :

Boom :

Regular :

Simon Says :

Touch:

Baby Don't Stop :

Boss :

• I don't trust music shows to be live tbh they edit them after

But their concert seems live

• I've been wanting to find a performance whereby Doyoung does the high note live for boss could you link me. I tried finding but I couldn't

It's lower than the original high note for obvious reasons

A different one

• I think music shows have the most lipsynch out of any other showcase.

They basically exist to promote the choreo.

You can see how Taeyong does the cute gesture and closes his mouth instead of singing stars, but you can still hear his voice at the same volume, and the vocals on the backing track completely drown out their voices in the chorus (also happens in that touch comeback stage in the chorus).

But it's fine, I understand why idols want to preserve their voice. I like Touch, those pink outfits suited them.

Live performances in other places are a better measure.

I did watch some of their recent sm concert performances, like make a wish and kick it, and even the rapping wasn't live?

Obviously they won't lip synch all the time though.

• I think the OP one wasn't live it went soft, but the Music Core one which you linked me he went even higher than original :lover2::lover2::lover2:

• I don't trust music shows to be live tbh they edit them after

But their concert seems live

Yeah music shows are tricky but I'm confident I can tell the difference most of the time .

• I think the OP one wasn't live it went soft, but the Music Core one which you linked me he went even higher than original :lover2::lover2::lover2:

I thought the video I posted in my op and the first one in my reply to you were the same video because the thumbnails looked similar lol but after I pressed send I realised my mistake and edited my reply to you. The 2 videos I gave you are different from the one in my op and he did it live in both

• I don’t care if they accuse NCT of lip syncing, but they shouldn’t do it while saying their fav not even moving their lips to the sound is live singing and brag about it.

Kpop is unfortunately so narrative driven. If you repeat one thing long enough it will be treated like a fact regardless of whether it's true or not. Ironically it's always fans of groups that lipsynch even more often than SM groups who want to come for NCT and other SM groups for lipsynching.

• Music show I feel like it is Live sometimes. In the sense the backtrack is sung live in one of the takes . The video and music just might not be the same take.

That’s what I understood of music shows.

I think that was an old "technique" music shows used. I mean shooting many takes and then mixing the best live singing with the best dancing.

Nowadays, it seems like record a live track, tweak it around and then shoot a dance performance while lipsynching to that track (which was most definitely done without dancing). The worst part about that is most of the time they proceed to use the exact same recording for all of their music show performances so the performances end up sounding like carbon copies of each other lol. It's particularly hilarious when the "tweaking" goes as far as AUTOTUNE but fans still insist it's live because it sounds different from the CD :D

Anyway, in some instances it's very obvious that the live singing is being done in real time

You can't really fake this kind of adlibs. Mark even almost missed his cue to start the song.

And I'm positive this is also the case for all the performances I posted in op. It's pretty obvious in Simon Says (because it's unsingable live lol), Renjun even had a vocal crack in that From Home stage and Haechan ran out of breath in one of his parts in Boom. None of that would have happened if they weren't genuinely live.

• This is definitely live.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!