[theqoo] iKON Bobby, supporting ex-member B.I's comeback "showing true friendship despite drugs"

• image.png

iKON member Bobby cheered for the comeback of iKON's former member BI, who withdrew due to marrijuana scandal.

On May 14th, B.I promoted the new song on his official SNS. B.I released a new single 'Got It Like That', which he worked with American artists Destiny Rogers and Tyla Yaweh, at 1 p.m. On the morning of the 16th. Bobbu posted a comment on B.I's SNS with "lets go". B.I responded with a heart emoticon.

Above all, the strong friendship between the two, despite the drug scandal, attracts attention. B.I, who debuted as YG Entertainment's boy group iKON together with Bobby, left the team in June 2019, when it was revealed that he was not investigated by the police even after being suspected of doing marijuana, which he allegedly took in 2016. Later, B.I. admitted to smoking marijuana in a police investigation.

After about two years of self-reflection, B.I established a place in IOK Company by 131LABEL and resumed activities by releasing new songs one after another.

It is not the first time that Bobby has publicly revealed his admiration for B.I. On October 22, 2019, only 4 months after B.I's withdrawal, Bobby posted a video of iKON's stage with B.I. on his SNS with "I miss you Happy birthday." At that time, iKON member Kim Donghyuk also posted a picture of B.I's birth flower, congratulating B.I.’s birthday.

The reactions of fans and netizens to Bobby's words and actions were mixed. Although it is a personal choice to send a message, criticism has been raised about the necessity of supporting the comeback of the former member who committed the offense in an open space where everyone can see. On the other hand, there are fans who cheer for the deep friendship between the two.

source: https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/609/0000441891

post response: here

1.ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

2. Cheering as he pleases on a member who quit because of his drugs scandal, without any critical thinkingㅋㅋ To think that you can do drugs when you're bored just like when you're chewing gum, as expected YG is differentㅋㅋ

3. Who cares? It's not like he's supporting drugs

4. The title is f*cking hilariousㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

5. I don't think that the fans really care.... But I rather him support B.I by sending a katalk text, so that nobody would know about it

6. The title is crazy ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

7. If you had a friend like Seungri, would you be able to make it obvious too? I bet he doesn't think like drugs are a big deal since he sees Bigbang still making it obvious that they're friends with Seungri while he still has f*cking lots of shield

8. Isn't the title going too hard on them? ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

9. Please if you think of the fans, please do that on Katalk. Your image is so good on Kingdom

10. The article title f*ckㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

11. He's so likable on Kingdom, so why are people even commenting here?... Let's just pretend we never saw this..

12. There's not a single fandom who enjoys seeing the members making it obvious they're still close to a member who left due to a scandal.

13. I guess that's acceptable in Bobby's moral standards~

14. Bobby pulling a Bobby

15. So nice to see a true friendship with a druggie criminalㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

Source

• Pearl-Iris

Changed the title of the thread from “[theqoo] IKON BOBBY, SUPPORTING EX-MEMBER BI'S COMEBACK "SHOWING TRUE FRIENDSHIP DESPITE DRUGS"” to “[theqoo] iKON Bobby, supporting ex-member B.I's comeback "showing true friendship despite drugs"”.
  • Of course he does support his friend, like he should <3

• Were they expecting the members to NOT still love and support their leader? And I feel like the majority of fans totally like seeing interaction with ex-members as long as they left on good terms with the other members. People were seriously happy on my tl about Wonho and MX going to Jeju together earlier

His scandal wasn't even that big compared to what other artists of YG did, GTOP had marijuana scandal as well but YG still backed them. I'm still pissed that he was kicked out of YG tbh just like how I was pissed about Wonho leaving MX.

• His scandal wasn't even that big compared to what other artists of YG did, GTOP had marijuana scandal as well but YG still backed them. I'm still pissed that he was kicked out of YG tbh just like how I was pissed about Wonho leaving MX.

At least Wonho left by personal choice even if it was from fear of tainting MX's image but Hanbin was literally YG's scapegoat to draw attention away from him and that just wasn't fair

• At least Wonho left by personal choice even if it was from fear of tainting MX's image but Hanbin was literally YG's scapegoat to draw attention away from him and that just wasn't fair

I don't know if Wonho really left on his own terms or his company made him say it. Agree about YG, normally companies do kick out idols for drug scandals but since it was done by YG who had history of scandals like these it felt unfair.

• So they expect people to just give up on their friend? A person they knew for years and went through a lot of hardships because of a scandal?

Especially in situations like this you need someone who stays by your side. They act as if B.I is Don Corleone or something.

These people got this moral high ground, yet truly lack emotional intelligence.

• i honestly don't know what to feel abt bi now esp since the incident happened almost 2 years ago, it affected me a lot back then but now, i kinda already forgot/let it go already but anyway, i don't think this is hate-worthy like even if your friend does smt wrong, they're still your friend right? i stanned them before so ik that double b are really close, and i guess even if they can't promote tgt, interactions like this are still kinda cute

• Great seeing Bobby supporting BI. Hate the tittle of the article very unprofessional. You cannot put a good man down Specially that good man is talented and kindhearted. Good luck to haters. International fans will always support iKON and BI.

• I don't know if Wonho really left on his own terms or his company made him say it. Agree about YG, normally companies do kick out idols for drug scandals but since it was done by YG who had history of scandals like these it felt unfair.

I think he did leave on his own terms Wonho really loved monsta x hes the type that deeply cares for those he loves. The wicked witch that was after him started going after everyone ij monsta x to get him the bs against him wasn't enough so they started targeting Shownu etc notice how all that stopped the second wonho left

• So they expect people to just give up on their friend? A person they knew for years and went through a lot of hardships because of a scandal?

Especially in situations like this you need someone who stays by your side. They act as if B.I is Don Corleone or something.

These people got this moral high ground, yet truly lack emotional intelligence.

It's all hypocritical virtue signaling bullshit because we all know these people would do the same thing had it been them in that situation.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!