The Blackpink x K/DA Collab we need!

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

IF ONLY THIS COULD BE DONE IRL

for real doe this mashup is :peperich::peperich::peperich::peperich:

ƚɯιƈҽ ƚ-αɾα ƈԋαɳɱιɳα ʅαƈƙριɳƙ ʂɳʂԃ ιƚȥ ɾҽԃʋҽʅʋҽƚ ʅσσɳα αҽʂρα

• It already exists, it's called aespa :pepe_akorns::pepe_akorns::pepe_akorns::pepe_akorns:

• At least they can cb with all their members, right? A win to them!!

Are you making fun of dead people?

For some reason I feel like riot also tried to get bp for kda but yg gave no fucks about it X/

I don't think they ever tried to go full Korean with K/DA. From the get-go it was supposed to be a hybrid project. So no, they quite obviously never tried to get BP.

SSJ/OT6 comeback waiting room...

SSJ.png

• I was joking about G-idle. Who did you think I was talking about?

You shouldn't joke about it, you never know whose turn will be next.

SSJ.png

• I don't think they ever tried to go full Korean with K/DA. From the get-go it was supposed to be a hybrid project. So no, they quite obviously never tried to get BP.

Why wouldnt they want the most popular girl group. And what does full korean even mean and how is that an obstacle for bp when they literally have full english songs and also sing in japanese as well as having members from different countries

• Why wouldnt they want the most popular girl group. And what does full korean even mean and how is that an obstacle for bp when they literally have full english songs and also sing in japanese as well as having members from different countries

The stars of K/DA are supposed to be the LoL characters, not the real life performers themselves. So they were not going to pick an existing group as is, it would have been very confusing. Plus, BP was already too big in 2018 obviously. Riot had no idea K/DA would make such an impact so they picked relatively unknown artists for the job.

SSJ.png

• The stars of K/DA are supposed to be the LoL characters, not the real life performers themselves. So they were not going to pick an existing group as is, it would have been very confusing. Plus, BP was already too big in 2018 obviously. Riot had no idea K/DA would make such an impact so they picked relatively unknown artists for the job.

They are really successful now so this will not get in the way of the artists careers right? Like idle. They schedule everything like a year earlier?

• The stars of K/DA are supposed to be the LoL characters, not the real life performers themselves. So they were not going to pick an existing group as is, it would have been very confusing. Plus, BP was already too big in 2018 obviously. Riot had no idea K/DA would make such an impact so they picked relatively unknown artists for the job.

I'm aware, been a lol player since way before bp debuted. I get it that riot didnt go all out cause it was obviously a risky move (even tho I would say it wasnt that much of a risk considering lol is huge in korea and kpop was already decently big in 2018). But I am pretty sure bp were at least considered given riot are 100% owned by chinese company tencent which are shareholders on yg

• They are really successful now so this will not get in the way of the artists careers right? Like idle. They schedule everything like a year earlier?

I'm not sure I get your question. Anyway, my opinion is: I think Riot doesn't want the performers to outshine the characters. If you take Akali (voiced by Soyeon), I think Riot might have been a little bit annoyed that people associate the character to Soyeon so much.

In 2019, the year following K/DA's debut, Riot introduced a new group: True Damage. But people expected a K/DA comeback, and more than anything they wanted Akali/Soyeon back. So they included her as a feat; but they kept Soyeon's part so short they could have just left her behind honestly.

Then in 2020, K/DA made a comeback with a mini album. And strangely enough, the characters were voiced by different performers from one song to another. Except Akali. Akali is the only member of K/DA who is voiced by only one artist: Soyeon. But when you look at the other characters, I think the message is clear: the LoL characters are more important than the performers who voice them.

So in my opinion, no they won't cast such a powerful brand as BP for K/DA. (sorry for the long reply)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!