Nct Dream and Black Pink

• Black Pink is a boy group kind of girl group with a huge international presence but Nct is selling a bit more than Black Pink.

Why do girl groups usually sell less albums? If it's only Korea and Asia, it kinda makes sense but internationally, I really want a girl group to be better than boy groups in everything.

Black Pink will be that group hopefully <3

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Different types of audience. BG fans tend to be core fandom, more hardcore, and buy the physicals and the merch.

GGs tend to have more GP interest, lots more locals checking out their videos (everyone likes pretty women dancing, women/self included, where men on average tend to be less interested in watching guys perform)

A girl group that can generate BG loyalty and GG gp interest all in one would be a powerhouse.

• Except BP hasn't released an album in 2021 yet

BP 2021 album will sell over 2M copies

I hope they sell 5M.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• GG fans aren't hardcore enough :pepenomad:

GGs work equally hard so they deserve better.

• To be frank, if BP has as many members as NCt, they probably gonna sell as much also.

Bigger groups usually sell more albums. Kudos to BP being able to sell so well for a Girl Group and being a small 4 member group

• To be frank, if BP has as many members as NCt, they probably gonna sell as much also.

Bigger groups usually sell more albums. Kudos to BP being able to sell so well for a Girl Group and being a small 4 member group

I don't think it's about the number of members, if that was the case, Twice would be selling a million+ with every album release.

I think it's about the audience and how they are promoted. Nct Dream is the least promoted unit, had they been given more attention, they'd be doing much better.

• I didn't say bts tho lol

Max BP will move 2.5M copies

Is it that bad for black pink to sell 5M? I think they have the potential and I want them to sell as much.

• Black Pink is a boy group kind of girl group with a huge international presence but Nct is selling a bit more than Black Pink.

Why do girl groups usually sell less albums? If it's only Korea and Asia, it kinda makes sense but internationally, I really want a girl group to be better than boy groups in everything.

Black Pink will be that group hopefully <3

I'm doubt where is that album sell come from,maybe ghost? Cause thiers stream and sns numbers are pretty low.

I not surprise why korean tax department always looking for SM financial books.

• I don't think it's about the number of members, if that was the case, Twice would be selling a million+ with every album release.

I think it's about the audience and how they are promoted. Nct Dream is the least promoted unit, had they been given more attention, they'd be doing much better.

I didnt simply say this. I believe there is a correlation between size of group and sales.

In the past, bigger groups like SNSD, Super Junior, EXO, Twice, Seventeen has been selling very well. The amount they sold is higher/much higher than groups as popular as them, wonder girls, 2NE1, f(x), Big bang, miss A and even Blackpink prior to The Album.

Of course, there are also big groups which dont do well (example: WJSN). But at their own league, those probably at the front end of sales.

Ps: BTS and BP are exceptions now.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!