What brings out the worst in people?

• I think it's all about obsession mismanagement. Hobbies, politics, ideology, sports, religion, opinions, loved ones, hated ones, whatever, if obsession isn't properly handled, people just go overboard and do stuff that they wouldn't be normally doing or exacerbates bad behaviors.

• I think some people are simply built in a way that they are much more likely to act horribly.

I very strongly believe that you could put 2 people in exactly the same horrible life circumstances and experiences and one person could end up on the wrong path and become a shitty person, while another would be able to endure and not lash out on the world. Even though they would have lived the same shitty life.

I think its possible to form people in some way through their life, but I really dont think that its possible to change the essence of what we are no matter how one might try. Some things that we are will always stay, be it the good or the bad traits.

Someone who is born a psychopath, will be a psychopath. You are wired that way. You wont become another person.

• I think some people are simply built in a way that they are much more likely to act horribly.

I very strongly believe that you could put 2 people in exactly the same horrible life circumstances and experiences and one person could end up on the wrong path and become a shitty person, while another would be able to endure and not lash out on the world. Even though they would have lived the same shitty life.

I think its possible to form people in some way through their life, but I really dont think that its possible to change the essence of what we are no matter how one might try. Some things that we are will always stay, be it the good or the bad traits.

Someone who is born a psychopath, will be a psychopath. You are wired that way. You wont become another person.

i think what you are talking about is reslience - the ability to tough it out, get back up, face adversity and come out stronger

your second paragraph i slightly disagree with - it gets to the nature v nurture argument, i personally dont believe anybody is born inheriently bad

• i think what you are talking about is reslience - the ability to tough it out, get back up, face adversity and come out stronger

your second paragraph i slightly disagree with - it gets to the nature v nurture argument, i personally dont believe anybody is born inheriently bad

Ofc you can say you dont believe it. I think thats a valid thing to say. But at the same time you cant really prove that I am wrong.

I dont believe that people are born bad per se, I just believe that some people are born with a much stonger tendency to go that way. And then its just up to how much self control you have and whether you can control your own demons.

But all of that are ofc assumptions that can never be 100% proven.

• Ofc you can say you dont believe it. I think thats a valid thing to say. But at the same time you cant really prove that I am wrong.

I dont believe that people are born bad per se, I just believe that some people are born with a much stonger tendency to go that way. And then its just up to how much self control you have and whether you can control your own demons.

But all of that are ofc assumptions that can never be 100% proven.

true I can agree with that we'll never truly know right? lol its hard to test such hypothesis.

there's really no right answer and I can absolutely see where you're coming from.

What do you think about a person's personality then? do you think a person can change their personality as they grow?

that a good person may become evil due to surrounding circumstances and vice versa that an otherwise evil person may change for the better

• Everything and anything, everyone has a button... Some people's are just harder to find and push.

Most fall victim to one of all the famed 7 deadly sins, pride, envy, gluttony, wrath, list, sloth or greed...

Then we have hot topics like religion, politics or anything that has a moderate fandoms (music, anime.. Etc)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!