Why do non-koreans kpop stans love to brag and fight about their fav spreading korean culture as if it's their own or their ethnicity's achievement

• what does it do to you that they are spreading their own culture and country you do not belong to in any way?

What a weird thing to flex and brag about. And those long fights about who outdid who in spreading korean culture from people who aren't even remotely korean look ridiculous.

• I, for one, am pretty happy that we are starting to spread cultures from literally anywhere else beside the US. It's the same reason I was also happy to see Parasite wins at the Oscars.

That said, yeah, it's not exactly something any non-korean fan can brag about.

• Ah, maybe because we helped them spread their culture?? :D

Its especially cringy when they think korea's economy and culture relied on their group, I think that's pretty insulting. Korea has more than just kpop ;(

Anyway. BTS is Korea's pride and they have already been thanked for helping Korea's economy.

• maybe bc they're koreaboos 8o

i guess some people feel like they are connected to korea just because they stan their idols but like. You're most likely just a dirty foreigner to them and never a part of "them", just an outsider. While they're here bragging for hours on Twitter, YT and kpop forums that their favs spread the oh so great korean culture throwing around korean words and concepts they have no understanding about but that they read about from their fellow stans on a twitter thread

• I think it's obvious why fans "brag" about things that they were involved in so I don't get what you are trying to do, OP. It's fine to brag about fanmade achievements and most people aren't "bragging," they are just being proud fans.

But, "bragging" about something that your fave got because of their own individuality or their company makes no sense.

• I think it's obvious why fans "brag" about things that they were involved in so I don't get what you are trying to do, OP. It's fine to brag about fanmade achievements and most people aren't "bragging," they are just being proud fans.

But, "bragging" about something that your fave got because of their own individuality or their company makes no sense.

The only reasons I see is that somehow they feel those achievements are their own or they have a part in the celebration of another culture they do not belong to yet feel as if the validation applies to them as well... because why? You made some tweets on twitter, 30 accounts on a voting site and streamed the same song from 13 devices and multiple accounts? Which is absolutely ridiculous. What does it do to you that they are spreading a culture you do not belong to in any way? What a weird thing to argue and brag about.

• Ah, maybe because we helped them spread their culture?? :D

Anyway. BTS is Korea's pride and they have already been thanked for helping Korea's economy.

Tea!!

I also feel the same about people throwing hissy fit when BTS was acknowledged for bringing BILLIONS to Korea and paving the way. If it doesn’t matter to you, why make a big fuss lol? Just accept the fact.

• As a fellow Asian, i'm honestly proud, that's it, it's not an achievement that appears everyday too, only with special people.

Isn't it weirder if it doesn't make you proud when you stan and support them?

I don't think any soccer fans ever been called out like this when their fav team being a national treasure and them being really proud with it.

What a weird take.

• The only reasons I see is that somehow they feel those achievements are their own or they have a part in the celebration of another culture they do not belong to yet feel as if the validation applies to them as well... because why? You made some tweets on twitter, 30 accounts on a voting site and streamed the same song from 13 devices and multiple accounts? Which is absolutely ridiculous. What does it do to you that they are spreading a culture you do not belong to in any way? What a weird thing to argue and brag about.

Well, I believe that it has to do with fans because yes, streaming, voting and contributing to their fandom has helped them achieve their worldwide dreams. Which, translates to them spreading their culture around the world.

Kpop groups wouldn't be spreading their culture around the world if international fans didn't believe in them. Sorry, but it is the truth. We could be stanning American artists but we saw talent in our faves and were open-minded enough to listen to music that's not in English.

Are you Korean, OP because if you're not, I don't get why you're getting mad as well? It seems hypocritical.

• becauase they can and they want to. there's freedom to express whatever they want in this forum. just the same as you expressing your bewilderment. :)

• As a fellow Asian, i'm honestly proud, that's it, it's not an achievement that appears everyday too, only with special people.

I don't think any soccer fans ever been called out like this when their fav team being a national treasure and them being really proud with it.

What a weird take.

It really is a weird take that makes no sense. Of course, we're going to be proud of our faves for being recognised by their own country. That doesn't make us Koreaboos and we aren't "bragging about something that doesn't have to do with our culture."

I can understand the argument over whether or not fans should be fighting about NGG and NBG but, I don't see why fans shouldn't "brag" about the fact that they helped their faves spread their culture and break barriers. Since we are their international fans.

• Tea!!

I also feel the same about people throwing hissy fit when BTS was acknowledged for bringing BILLIONS to Korea and paving the way. If it doesn’t matter to you, why make a big fuss lol? Just accept the fact.

Period. They wouldn't be saying that it's "insulting" if it was their faves.

• It really is a weird take that makes no sense. Of course, we're going to be proud of our faves for being recognised by their own country. That doesn't make us Koreaboos and we aren't "bragging about something that doesn't have to do with our culture."

I can understand the argument over whether or not fans should be fighting about NGG and NBG but, I don't see why fans shouldn't "brag" about the fact that they helped their faves spread their culture and break barriers. Since we are their international fans.

Exactly, the last time we see such thing was with TVXQ and maybe PSY, it's really a rare sight,

artist like BTS being acknowledged and recognized as Nation's Pride because of their contribution to spread their culture to people outside of korea, for them, actually around the world, as an Asian this is really endearing, having fellow Asian as a good representative who can dominate every market and break the barrier.

What was even the point of this thread when Even the artist themselves acknowledge their international fans contribution, who are you to say otherwise? Lol

• Cultural diversity in the mainstream is a good thing. Majority of global mainstream popular culture is American, bringing some other influences is a very good thing. Same goes for Latin artists or anyone else bringing their own distinct flavour, it makes it all less homogenous.

Most kpop fans of course hate Korean culture, just look at how they bashed Idol.

Being proud of something that is a good thing makes more sense than being proud of their faves visuals or CFs or trained vocals or something that is objectively a trivial or neutral things stans have no contribution in.

What a weird take.

Yeah, and sports fans do even more gatekeeping than others. You ain’t a real fan of one of the world’s biggest football clubs if you don’t come from the same city even if the manager, coaches and players come from all over the world. But they treat the team’s trophy wins like their own even if all they did was cheer for them from a pub. It’s not an uncommon feeling at all actually.

• "Flexing, bragging and fighting"...

Hmmm, that's your take. I will take bragging and flexing but "fighting" over facts in spoken words and stats? No, that again comes under bragging and flexing... because nobody is fighting to gain anything here.

So, what do you prefer, OP? Stans doing these three things about who is the top visual of the industry, the one with the most fashion deals (read western), which song is the national hit (even though no one uses this term in Korea), the big 3 companies in Korea... because of the supposed rich history they have in Korean music industry?

I would much rather stans feel happy that their Korean faves must be feeling so good that they came from the bottom and reached such success across the whole world that they are being acknowledged by their own country and it's president as the National Pride. That they single handedly create jobs for people, even during such tiring times... contributing a sizable chunk to the economy.

And last but not least, that in this age when language and culture is a living political and power currency... making Korean music enriched with the culture of their tiny Asian country and succeeding in it immensely, is not a small insignificant feat just confined to music.

Why do you think the whole world was celebrating "Parasite" winning the Oscars? Because the world needs to know and acknowledge other type of art that do not revolve around English or West.

Kpop fans calling others Koreaboos or begging for Western validation just because fans feel proud that an Asian act is competing and winning among English speaking western acts... who always had the upper hand, in the whole world. Man, I have seen it all!

"Overspending on my pens, that are more in number... than your fans" - Suga.

• Kpop fans calling others Koreaboos or begging for Western validation just because fans feel proud that an Asian act is competing and winning among English speaking western acts... who always had the upper hand, in the whole world. Man, I have seen it all!

bruh it was just a joke. I wasn't being serious. You can have your own opinions regarding this topic.

𝐁𝐓𝐒 ♡ 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐤 ♡ 𝐀𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐚

c09dafd21a568e816f2cb77504fa56a8086e9412.gifv

• Couldn’t have said it better meself

• i never thought of spreading korean culture as a "flex", but i feel it is a good thing because I believe culture is meant to be shared and cultural exchange is a beautiful thing :)

[+808,8] Jennie wears high heels larger than your oppa's dick, sit down

Animated GIFAnimated GIF

• the clear intent behind this thread is honestly, disgusting. says pretty much everything you need to know about the people who agreed and are actually, celebrating ops sick intentions.

yall need to grow up.

• because their Korean try hards, but i have a question. Why is it ok for Koreans to want to debut in the american music industry but it is not ok for non Koreans to want to debut in the korean music industry?

• Stay pressed while BTS makes US McDonalds workers wear hangul on their shirts.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• This thread contains 3 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!