Companies who are/n’t debuting multiple 4th gen BGs + GGs

• Some companies debuted groups as the start of 4th gen. Itzy and TXT come to mind. Some people consider Gidle to be 4th gen. Etc. And now these companies have plans to debut new 4th gen groups.

Meanwhile some companies waited and won’t have this same issue. What’s going to happen with the older groups? Are they doing different concepts? Will they be abandoned? Will the plans for new groups fall through?

——-

Cube debuted Gidle in 2018 and now will debut Lightsum (a new gg) into 4th gen.

JYP debuted Itzy in 2019 and now has plans to debut a new 4th gen korean girl group, apparently (was it in 2022?) and stray kids

YG waited to debut their 4th gen gg so (combined with their history) we can assume they’ll only debut 1 girl group for this generation. And will Treasure be their only 4th gen bg?

SM just debuted Aespa, and again (based on history) i think Aespa will be the only 4th gen gg from SM. is NCT going to be their only bg for 4th gen? (idk what the superm future plan is)

BIGHIT/HYBE idk what the deal is with their groups. i don’t think there’s any overlap

-txt is under bighit

-enhypen is under hybe x mnet (right?)

-then hybe x source are doing a gg (and a bg too iirc but that may be wrong)

• Official Post

SM just debuted Aespa, and again (based on history) i think Aespa will be the only 4th gen gg from SM. is NCT going to be their only bg for 4th gen? (idk what the superm future plan is)

NCT 127 and NCT Dream are both 3rd gen groups. SM is currently planning to debut a new boy group outside of the NCT concept.

• I don't understand the concern.

What's the difference between group A and group B being under different companies, and group A and group B being under the same company? Why assuming that a company is unable to manage more than one group? When JYP debuted ITZY, they already had TWICE. Did TWICE get abandoned as soon as ITZY debuted? No. So relax.

• I don't understand the concern.

What's the difference between group A and group B being under different companies, and group A and group B being under the same company? Why assuming that a company is unable to manage more than one group? When JYP debuted ITZY, they already had TWICE. Did TWICE get abandoned as soon as ITZY debuted? No. So relax.

twice and itzy are in different generations and much further apart in debut date

there’s going to be another 4th gen gg from jyp very soon. that’s cause for concern in kpop, idk if you’re new here. that usually leads to issues, but sometimes can be avoided. which is what i’m asking about

also you’re telling me to relax when i’m perfectly relaxed.... projecting much?

• I think groups from 2017 - early 2019 are 3.5 gen. I read an article that said Koreans say 4th gen officially started in 2020, so no surprise all these companies are debuting either groups now or debuting another group for 4th generation

:whatr:

that’s interesting! do you remember where it was from?

• twice and itzy are in different generations and much further apart in debut date

there’s going to be another 4th gen gg from jyp very soon. that’s cause for concern in kpop, idk if you’re new here. that usually leads to issues, but sometimes can be avoided. which is what i’m asking about

Only the fans care about generations. For companies whether a group is labeled as 3rd gen or 4th gen is irrelevant. They don't care.

• The things with when a Gen start and ends is so mess up for me. That I decide for myself which group is from which Generation. So no company will debut more then one group in the 4th gen :|:|:|

so... what are you on like 8th gen by now for some of these companies ? lol

• that’s interesting! do you remember where it was from?

Let me try and find it, I think I posted it on here too :whatr: also there was a thread here yesterday about bighit/ hybe debuting another boy group, I thought txt was their representative 4th gen group, so I'm really confused now

:pepewhat:

aespadaily | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgirningning gif | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgiraespadaily | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgirningning gif | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgir

æ- "𝕋𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕚𝕤 𝔼𝕧𝕠, 𝔼𝕧𝕠𝕝𝕦𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟" -𝕒𝕖𝕤𝕡𝕒 -æ

Edited once, last by evo-evolution ().

• Only the fans care about generations. For companies whether a group is labeled as 3rd gen or 4th gen is irrelevant. They don't care.

it matters because of the promotion style, period, and target audience. the companies do care. of course there’s no problem having twice and itzy at the same time. but two 4th gen girl groups (if they have the same target audience) is an issue that a company will have to work around and may even mess up

• Let me try and find it, I think I posted it on here too :whatr: also there was a thread here yesterday about bight/ hybe debuting another boy group, I thought txt was their representative 4th gen group, so I'm really confused now

:pepewhat:

so txt is under bighit

enhypen is under hype x mnet

and hybe x source is doing a gg together

as far as i know it’s all split up still

• I thought bhit = hybe (new name)? and enhypen is with belift?

aespadaily | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgirningning gif | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgiraespadaily | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgirningning gif | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgir

æ- "𝕋𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕚𝕤 𝔼𝕧𝕠, 𝔼𝕧𝕠𝕝𝕦𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟" -𝕒𝕖𝕤𝕡𝕒 -æ

Edited once, last by evo-evolution ().

• it matters because of the promotion style, period, and target audience. the companies do care. of course there’s no problem having twice and itzy at the same time. but two 4th gen girl groups (if they have the same target audience) is an issue that a company will have to work around and may even mess up

Groups can have different promotion styles and target audiences whether they belong to the same gen or not. Or they can do just the same thing, why the hell not.

• so... what are you on like 8th gen by now for some of these companies ? lol

Nop I don't want it to be to crazy. I give you and example Gidle is for some 3rd Gen and for some other 4th Gen. One of them saying this and the other that and you get really confuse. So I decide for myself that they are 4th Gen Group. Of course I only do it for groups that not really clear which generation they really are. I don't gonna say 2ne1 is from the 3rd generation or something like this- And by the way did I piss you of with something? :| :| :|

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!