Why did Blackpink never speak out on Asian Hate?

• No. They shouldn't do it because of their past. They have apologized for the things they have said, it is on you to accept the apology or not. And they have also done several other things to give back to the black community. Again on you to decide if that's enough for you or not.

But if you think they should speak up on BLM as an apology for their past wrong doings, it strips away from the genuinety of the support and makes it forced.

They should do it because they have a huge platform, and many people look up to them and will be empowered by their statement. They should speak up on it because their hearts say so, and because they are capable of influencing people, because that is what makes it genuine and that is what true support is.

thats what im saying i never said they should use it as an apology , because they already did that im ultimately saying they should because they have done alot of things to hurt the black community, so not alot dont like them or think that they dont care about us so doing something like that would kind of be a reassurance.

• thats what im saying i never said they should use it as an apology , because they already did that im ultimately saying they should because they have done alot of things to hurt the black community, so not alot dont like them or think that they dont care about us so doing something like that would kind of be a reassurance.

Nothing and no one can reassure someone who doesn't want to be reassured. And again, if they are supporting for "reassuring the black community" then the support has a wrong purpose and ultimately becomes ingenuine. That is literally using vulnerable moments to gain trust and support of people and that is wrong on so many levels.

All I'm saying is, they don't need to speak out because they did something in their past. The only reason to speak out should be genuine support and genuine understanding of the situation.

Also, I'm sorry but linking videos of BTS saying the n-word when you could've just replied with words, it's gonna throw anyone off and just seems like trolling.

• they have done alot of things to hurt the black community

damn, if this is the way you feel about BTS, how do you feel about actual racist people who have malicious intent behind their actions?? I'm in the black community and I think that we all need to learn how to take an apology when given. They apologized for that song they covered that had the n-word in it. No Mal intent, no harm done. So move on girl. I don't understand this sort of hate spewed to people who were ignorant then learn from their mistake ...we are all humans and if we can't learn forgive then we are all lost and start becoming the problem. Let's focus that energy to the ACTUAL oppressors and racists who harm the black community. Now for the topic of this thread that you derailed with utter nonsense, no one is required to speak up about any political or social issue. If you feel they do, then reflect that towards yourself first then someone else and stand up. Otherwise let's be happy when people do decide to speak up on their OWN accord and pay it forward with actual action (which if you have forgotten, BTS have done).

• damn, if this is the way you feel about BTS, how do you feel about actual racist people who have malicious intent behind their actions?? I'm in the black community and I think that we all need to learn how to take an apology when given. They apologized for that song they covered that had the n-word in it. No Mal intent, no harm done. So move on girl. I don't understand this sort of hate spewed to people who were ignorant then learn from their mistake ...we are all humans and if we can't learn forgive then we are all lost and start becoming the problem. Let's focus that energy to the ACTUAL oppressors and racists who harm the black community. Now for the topic of this thread that you derailed with utter nonsense, no one is required to speak up about any political or social issue. If you feel they do, then reflect that towards yourself first then someone else and stand up. Otherwise let's be happy when people do decide to speak up on their OWN accord and pay it forward with actual action (which if you have forgotten, BTS have done).

i never said bts had/ required to do anything im apart of the black community 2 and for the 1000 time i was respond to a comment that say it was stupid of bts to speak up about blm because it does not have to do with a black person dying, and thats when i respond. i never said they were racist neither.

• is that why you posted links to an old ass clip of them covering a song with the n-word in it? Sounds like you are calling them racist. But whatever, I learned a long time ago about what and when I should put my energy towards in terms of racism and discrimination. Some of us still need to make that discovery.

yea some do, cant relate. like i said i wasn't calling them racist i was responding to a comment.

• I am talking to anyone that tries to force a person to speak out based on their race or has an opinion that they should speak out because they are of a race where there is an issue.

oh well thats not me nor what i am trying to do, u replied to my comment saying that. but, guess this was a misunderstanding.

• They probably haven't said anything because it isn't their job and they don't need to

If they actually feel that way then they can say something if they choose to

If they don't say something, then leave it alone. Idols aren't supposed to be political and even though many people are still denying it, BLM and ALM are politically driven. They aren't politicians, and they don't HAVE to say anything if they don't want to

From a PR stance, it wouldn't benifit them any more than it would do damage to their reputation, so that's why YG has kept them silent

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!