As of today i truly believe BTS and BP will remain the absolute peak for kpop bg and gg on a worldwide scale.

• I wouldn’t say it’s impossible, but people also need to put some things in perspective. Even in 2nd Gen, there was competition for who was really the most popular worldwide, but BTS/BP have dominated in their respective fields globally. Compare the highest chart peaks on official charts, Spotify, and Apple Music around the world and no one in their generation comes close. It’s not even a debate. I’m not saying that they won’t be surpassed, but it’s not going to be as easy as some people think it is.

• Hardly agree. As long as the future is endless, everything can be surpassed. That’s the law of life and evolution. We evolve by surpassing and getting better. People are quite short sighted. It might be a form of success that we cannot even understand or know at this point of life.

• well not in the near future but it will be surpassed

if not surpassed i think there will be boygroup & girlgroup that will come very close to them

the interest in latin pop died down quickly because all of their popular songs were kinda similar, there was hardly any innovation in the industry, genre, but kpop always evolve and it offers not just music but full entertainment and many of it's fans come not necessarily for the music but the entertainment & performances it offers, so i don't think it will die down in the west since also western pop is running out of inspirations & innovations since 2015. And kpop is still niche so it's hasn't reached its peak imo.

• Unless there would be some viral global hits, I think this is true. Also it depends a lot how much BP can grow. I'm still not sure from OP if you mean BP won't be surpassed by a BG or just GGs. Because BP being surpassed by a BG is possible imo.

• Nothing lasts forever. Even in the Western entertainment industry, you can be the top global pop star or rock star today and 10 years later, struggle to break the top 10 with another hit song as another starlet has taken your place.

However, no matter what happens in the future, they’ll go down in history for their contributions to expanding this industry and global music. Even if another group surpasses’ BTS in terms of numbers, they’ll always be the first to achieve them and hit the peak of current existing measures of success, thus setting the standard.

There are many markets for other artists to discover and conquer as music is becoming more and more globalized.

Conclusion: Let’s wait and see.

• I've been following kpop since 2nd gen and even through the top groups of that gen seemed so dominant and popular (BB, TVXQ, SNSD) i still had a feeling that the next gen was going to have much bigger groups worldwide since kpop was still pretty much niche anywhere outside of asia, but nowadays after seeing the new groups that have debuted so far and considering how saturated the industry is and how koreans don't care about idol groups as much as they did in previous generations unless they are at the very top already (with a few exceptions like bg) i'm 100% convinced that BTS and BP will remain the absolute top 2 biggest groups worldwide for kpop even during 4th 5th and 6th generation i really don't see anyone matching their achievements overall, i'm not saying all other newer groups won't have success of course there will be ones who have big fanbases and good digital numbers but won't surpass BTS and BP that's just a hunch i have, i will be much more surprised if another group surpass them than if they remain at the absolute top for BGs and GGs at this point.

We never know. Who knows what will happend in the future

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!