anyone who faces this can help?

• i love a good conversation in person and always try to pay attention to who's talking but on text i just cant fucking bring myself to reply instantly or continue a conversation too long

i'd like to change that cause it might piss people off because i do this all the fucking time

• I hate to say this but sometimes I aint read the whole thing and I just say “ok” or “thats nice” ngl

Not to my close friends tho, only to ppl I aint really know

U can like make up some random azz excuse

To get away from the convo

And say sumthin like

“I needa go shower” or “I needa take a nap”

Idefk

“Welcome to good burger, home of the good burger, can I take your order?”

• it doesnt matter that much if its a random person

i mean with friends

especially ones i am close to irl

i just CANNOT pay attention on text

on the contrary, if its a stranger or someone I dont know irl I actually pay more attention in case I miss something important

if its someone I am actually comfortable with, I cant just get myself bothered to pay attention or respond on text

and it only happens on text

• Talk for a lil while

Then make up an excuse

To end the convo

So u aint have to talk to em

“Welcome to good burger, home of the good burger, can I take your order?”

• Yeah I can't help you there... My friends irl have accepted this, (these friends have been my friends 15+ plus years now) as they know seeing me in person is better, as trying to communicate with me via txt can be like talking to an automated message. (I can do phones calls fine, but most my friends can't do phones calls lol)

I txt when I want to txt, not really out of obligation, they are okay with how I am which I'm thankful for.

• Yeah I can't help you there... My friends irl have accepted this, (these friends have been my friends 15+ plus years now) as they know seeing me in person is better, as trying to communicate with me via txt can be like talking to an automated message. (I can do phones calls fine, but most my friends can't do phones calls lol)

I txt when I want to txt, not really out of obligation, they are okay with how I am which I'm thankful for.

same

that's why my friends used to always come over to talk about anything

but with corona its not really possible and wont be for a while

• same

that's why my friends used to always come over to talk about anything

but with corona its not really possible and wont be for a while

Yeah i understand, although I'm the one that goes and sees them, most of them live further away, so I work in visits like a schedule. But I think cause I'm willing and wanting to plan and go to see them purely cause I feel like it, makes them less bothered about me not being conversational through texts.

However I still feel occasionally bad about not texting so I do opt for Skype, discord or zoom voice (or video) calls if they aren't busy.

It's also easier for me to reply if the app theyre texting me on has a voice recording option as well, however they're are not always in a setting where they can listen to it, the convo might still die.

• I can relate. I’m no good at starting or continuing a conversation. If a person wants to get to know me, they have to ask a lot of questions to get me to talk. I’m not spontaneous. A lot of introverts are like that. It’s getting people to understand and accept that’s the problem.

• I can relate. I’m no good at starting or continuing a conversation. If a person wants to get to know me, they have to ask a lot of questions to get me to talk. I’m not spontaneous. A lot of introverts are like that. It’s getting people to understand and accept that’s the problem.

uhh thats not exactly what i was talking about

i can hold a conversation for long periods in person just dont feel like replying at all online even with the same people

• I'm kind of like this, but it depends of who I'm talking to. I'm the type of person who needs deep and random conversations so if the other person seem too closed for that usually it's hard for me to keep going, cause i suck at small talk. Personally, i can't control that so i just gave up. I hope there's a solution to this but until then if we vibe we vibe, if we don't then we don't and i won't insist.

narcissistic, my god i love it

JCsIq3Q.gif

• I love a good conversation in person and always try to pay attention to who's talking but on text i just cant fucking bring myself to reply instantly or continue a conversation too long

i'd like to change that cause it might piss people off because i do this all the fucking time

I totally get where you are coming from, despite me not really being the best at either online or in-person conversations.

But what I can advise you to do is to just pay a little more attention to them, I know that this is not the answer that you were probably looking for. But when you pay more attention to someone, the chances of keeping a conversation going with them is high.

Also, I admire that you want to change this about yourself, but also don't feel bad because of this. <3

work in progress

• I totally get where you are coming from, despite me not really being the best at either online or in-person conversations.

But what I can advise you to do is to just pay a little more attention to them, I know that this is not the answer that you were probably looking for. But when you pay more attention to someone, the chances of keeping a conversation going with them is high.

Also, I admire that you want to change this about yourself, but also don't feel bad because of this. <3

I want to change because i really do care about some people and i know i wouldn't be acting like this irl but for some reason i can't feel their presence online once I've felt it in person

• I want to change because i really do care about some people and i know i wouldn't be acting like this irl but for some reason i can't feel their presence online once I've felt it in person

It is nice to know that you care deeply about those close to you and that you are willing to change your actions to build a stronger relationship with them. That is really admirable <3

work in progress

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!