So, how does the new forum compare with the old forum? What do you like, what do you miss etc?

• Now that we've had the time to familiarize ourselves with the new forum, what are your impressions of it?

Sameish as the old forum? Stuff in it that are pleasant surprises, that you like, or that you miss or dislike?

After learning how to mute the alerts I don't want, it starts to feel like the old forum (besides a lot less threads, of course), with a few differences:

- what I like is that it looks like DP's/avatars can be dynamic gif's again, that option had been broken for a while on the old forum (only noticeable when you'd change your avatar)

- what I miss is that videos (and pics too? Haven't checked yet) can't be embedded anymore in posts, but are only links.

No bigger stuff yet, for me.

How about you, what are your experiences with the new forum so far?

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

• To be honest, everything is very complicated and tiring right now. The format of the old forum was really good and we were used to it. Here, even the threads look complex. I am having a hard time finding what I am looking for now that everything is intertwined. For example, in the old forum there was a separate section for achievements, but here it goes the News & Gossip section which is irrelevant to me. I miss old format ;(

"Don’t judge a book by its cover. Everybody has a reason and everybody has a story. I hope people don’t judge a person based on what they see." Kim Taehyung

b9067265d2fcc30fa3ee1ba591881fc0865471a4.jpg

• A few things I'd like to mention in response to a couple of OP's points:

1) I don't think DP allows gif. I tried it, but the function is broken. It'll let me add a link to a gif but when I saved it, the gif doesn't move. It's a still frame. Which is highly disappointing. If someone knows a way that will display the gif properly, please let me know!

2) Videos actually can be embedded. All you gotta do is directly copy and paste the link into your post as regular text (instead of using the link feature they provide). As for images, instead of pasting a link, just right click on the image you want to post, then click on "copy image" (not "copy link address" or "copy image address") and then directly paste it on here.

PS: I use chrome so I don't know whether or not the right click would display different terminologies/wording for other web browsers such as safari, firefox etc. But basically, you just gotta directly copy and paste the image, instead of using a link.

Now to answer the question about what I like and dislike:

1) I like that there are more emoji options (we were limited to only few emojis previously. I hope they continue to expand their emoji and sticker options in the future).

2) I don't like the overly white and bright color they've used for the background. It kind of is uneasy on the eyes. They actually changed it to a dark mode with a dark gray for like a day or two and then switched right back to white. Ugh, I prefer something less sharp to the eyes. Maybe something customizable would be nice?

3) I hate how they erased all of the old threads!!! The lack of threads on here makes me bored. And honestly, I occasionally like revisiting old posts, sigh. They've completely erased all of our existence and started new again.

4) I'm not understanding how akorns work, and just by reading their explanation gives me a headache. And honestly, I don't know what's the purpose of the akorn system. Why can't we just be a normal forum where the main focus is on socializing and discussing? Instead of this system they're trying to push.

So far these are the only complaints I have. I haven't been on here long enough since they've rebooted the forum to provide any more feedback.

• 1) I don't think DP allows gif. I tried it, but the function is broken. It'll let me add a link to a gif but when I saved it, the gif doesn't move. It's a still frame. Which is highly disappointing. If someone knows a way that will display the gif properly, please let me know!

Resize and optimize the gif you'll use. There's a limit size and pixels that are allowed

:!: :!: :!:

:cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:
    ✴✴✴✴✴ KIM JISOO'S HUSBANDO ✴✴✴✴✴
    b7de288879b59732b5115a93d7f259edd464dd39.jpg2320df8ccb8a4af42b9e108fb34e3d8109964aae.jpg2a8fc619d348ef8f6380880604eb8bb8e97b8105.jpg

• Official Post

As far as your DP, as long as your Gif's dimension is 128x128, it will be animated.

• It ain't funny anymore. I even don't know why I am still here. The community has been ruined by revamp. My request for permaban was rejected, so I am flying around like a ghost. In common, my life on new forum has become painfully similar to my real life, lol )))

The worst thing that Johnny is using my bias as token for cleaning his public image. He was never Neverland. Moreover, Allkpop spilled a large dose of pigwash on (G)I-DLE in the past. But it seems, for 500 acorns Johnny is ready to do everything, even believe in flat earth or become "certified" Nevie.

• Official Post

I don't think DP allows gif. I tried it, but the function is broken. It'll let me add a link to a gif but when I saved it, the gif doesn't move. It's a still frame. Which is highly disappointing. If someone knows a way that will display the gif properly, please let me know!

i'll help you just dm me your picture

• Official Post

I mildly miss user shops so I could post commissions for art, remixes etc. For now I am taking signature requests but in time I would eventually like to convert to commissioning them via the fourm's compensation method, again

We are actually thinking of bringing something like this back, but are still formulating the best way to make it work for all involved. Do you want to DM me your ideas? It'd be appreciated!

• Not sure what you mean... we have 11 styles to choose from. We aren't changing them, it is your choice.

Huh? But I have not physically changed the layout myself. But ever since the new forum has launched, I've had it automatically change colors (background) multiple times; randomly. I've seen a total of four colors/styles now and I haven't done anything to it at all. If I'm not doing it, neither are you guys, then is this a glitch or a bug that we're not aware of? /Shrug/

• Official Post

Huh? But I have not physically changed the layout myself. But ever since the new forum has launched, I've had it automatically change colors (background) multiple times; randomly. I've seen a total of four colors/styles now and I haven't done anything to it at all. If I'm not doing it, neither are you guys, then is this a glitch or a bug that we're not aware of? /Shrug/

To change style, you would click the "Change Style" link in the footer, bottom right. have you done this? What style are you using? What device and browser are you viewing this site on?

• Wait, DP's are static again?

I thought I saw a number of DP's with dynamic gif's when the new forum just launched. It's broken again or shut down?

I wasn't aware videos and pics could be embedded, thx for the tip, I'm gonna test it right away! :)

They haven't erased the old threads though, I had a number of them bookmarked, and I can still revisit them, as well as the old forum (https://www.allkpop.com/forum/forums/k-pop.10/)

I think that even the search function on it still works, if you're looking for old threads.

edit: ah alright, I just read the thread and dynamic gif's are possible for DP's as long as they're not larger than the 128x128px limit.

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

Edited once, last by FoReveries ().

• Official Post

And a max of 300KB. It needs to be a very small animated gif, but people have made it work!

• I feel like the whole change chased away a lot of users. I feel like the forum is even more dead than it was before.

Does anyone mind to tell me where the majority has gone to? Is there another forum?

JO1 | BTS | NCT | TREASURE | BlackPink

8dfce684ba7dbc9d8b05a9fb6b1026fcb53ead98.gifv 

• The new layout is okay, I like some of the styles. There is too much ads though and I liked the old sections better. But I could get used to this, it's just the athmosphere that isn't that good. I don't know why but the threads are often hostile and aggressive. It may be because I am not a fan of trolling. I come around from time to time but not that often anymore. I am a little sad about it. Many friends are gone too.

* * * * * * •×• * * * * * *

• This thread contains 6 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!