Thai and Vietnamese pop music is surging across Asia – these are the artists to watch

• Hey guys, I just found a recent newspaper article from 31 March 2021 from the Hongkongese newspaper The South China Morning Post about Thai music and Vietnamese music :

Thai and Vietnamese pop music is surging across Asia – these are the artists to watch :

https://www.scmp.com/lifestyle…ing-across-asia-these-are

Cache version (incomplete version) :

If somebody has the full version, please write it down on this topic please

Thai and Vietnamese pop music is surging across Asia – these are the artists to watch

• Thai rapper Milli cites rapper Nicki Minaj as an influence, while Thai-German artist Jannine Weigel has more than 3.7 million subscribers on YouTube
    • Hay Trao Cho Anh, the ‘Prince of V-pop’ Son Tung M-TP’s collab with Snoop Dogg, has more than 222 million hits on YouTube and placed Vietnamese pop on the map

Topic | K-pop, Mandopop and other Asian pop

Rebecca Souw+ FOLLOW

Published: 3:15pm, 31 Mar, 2021

Updated: 3:15pm, 31 Mar, 2021

In T-pop and V-pop, the achievements of artists such as Tata Young have paved the way for younger artists.

Thai and Vietnamese pop music – T-pop and V-pop – once mostly kept to their nations’ shores. Today, both countries’ artists are making waves in Asia and beyond.

Music and entertainment are central to Thai culture, and in T-pop, the achievements of artists such as Tata Young, Bird Thongchai, Da Endorphine and Palmy have paved the way for younger artists.

Thai musicians have distinctive vocal and musical styles and fashion sense, and such authenticity has led to many being discovered outside Thailand.

Phum Viphurit grew up in New Zealand and moved to Bangkok at the age of 18. Phum, who writes songs in English, shot to international fame as a Thai indie pop singer-songwriter with his 2018 single, Lover Boy.

He has since had several collaborations, notably with label 88rising’s Chinese hip-hop group Higher Brothers, and Korean indie rock band Se So Neon on the song So! YoON!

Thai-German artist Jannine Weigel, who has more than 3.7 million subscribers on YouTube and close to 750,000 followers on TikTok, is an influencer with a bubbly personality.

She was the first artist signed to RedRecords, a joint venture between Universal Music Group and Malaysia-based budget airline AirAsia.

Kenny Ong, CEO of Malaysia’s Astro Radio and Rocketfuel Entertainment and a former managing director of Universal Music Group in Malaysia, was behind the founding of RedRecords and Weigel’s signing.

“She was already known for her Thai music, especially in Vietnam,” he says.

“Her increasing popularity in Indonesia and Malaysia made our choice clear, as we were looking for a well-received artist in Asean [Association of Southeast Asian Nations] countries.”

Weigel records in Thai and English, and recently released Passcode – a track produced by Grammy-nominated record producer Tommy Brown, who has worked with artists such as Ariana Grande, Travis Scott and The Weeknd.

She has also acted in Thai television series and films.

Jannine Weigel records in Thai and English, and recently released Passcode.

With their overseas upbringing, both Weigel and Phum bring a wider perspective and different musical styles to Thai pop.

Ong says: “There’s a better chance expanding beyond Thailand if they sing in English, incorporate more global mainstream sounds or experiment with the hip hop genre.”

Another Thai rising star is home-grown female rapper Milli. Discovered two years ago on talent show The Rapper 2, she rose to fame with the provocative track Phak Khon.

She cites rapper Nicki Minaj as an influence, and the similarities between the two were evident in Milli’s flamboyant performance in 88rising’s Double Happiness Winter Wonder Festival.

Besides her solos, Milli frequently collaborates with home-grown Thai hip hop artists such as Maiyarap, LazyLoxy, Ben Bizzy and Autta.

Tuan Tang, an observer of the Asian pop music industry since the early 2000s, was also an executive producer of the shows Project Superstar, The X-Factor and The Voice in Vietnam.

He says: “Thailand has better processes for artist and music distribution with [entertainment company] GMM Grammy and similar companies, so it’s likely they will garner international recognition much faster than Vietnam.”

Vietnamese pop owes its place on the map to the “Prince of V-pop”, Son Tung M-TP.

He was the first Vietnamese artist on Billboard’s LyricFind Global chart, and his reggaeton track Hay Trao Cho Anh, a collaboration with US rapper Snoop Dogg, has been viewed more than 222 million times on YouTube since its launch in July 2019.

Another Vietnamese popster of note is Erik, a former member of V-pop boy band Monstar turned solo singer, who has mesmerised fans with his boyish looks, vocal talent and dance moves.

He collaborated with K-pop girl group Momoland on the ballad Love is Only You.

Meanwhile Min, touted by Vietnam’s largest online newspaper Zing News as a Vietnamese version of K-pop singer BoA, is known for both her singing and dancing.

Tuan says: “Son Tung, Erik and Min may seem to infuse K-pop within their music because they grew up with these artists.

They are young and tend to try new styles, adapting quickly to the Vietnamese audience.”

However, traditional love ballads that draw from folk music are favourites in Vietnam, especially in rural areas, he says.

V-pop incorporates vernacular sounds and very few artists record in English, making the genre authentically Vietnamese.

Music videos are shot using bold colours and they retain Vietnamese elements, from costumes to props to traditional values.

One example of a Vietnamese group with a distinctive sound is indie pop rock band Chillies, who debuted in 2018 and signed to Warner Music Vietnam.

Will V-pop continue its growth beyond Vietnam? “The artists have what it takes, but as music is so intertwined with local TV, that process would require consistent disruption [for it] to travel beyond our borders,” says Tuan.

Ong says Southeast Asian artists can find new audiences by targeting niche markets, but for now, mass market artists will mostly find fans and fame at home.

What do you think about it :?:

• “There’s a better chance expanding beyond Thailand if they sing in English"

and if its a half white person aka Janine Wiggles and Tata Young.

cause they surely ain't going to pay attention to some girl with a real asian look singing in their native tai language lol. Thailand has no real BoA of their own. Sad...

"V-pop incorporates vernacular sounds and very few artists record in English, making the genre authentically Vietnamese."

exactly the way it should be. If i wanted to hear english, i'd listen to western pop. Min is a Queen!

• Ok, I was really hyped when I saw the title but I'm disappointed about the Vietnamese part of the article.

Not only was it crammed into the 20% at the very end of the article, there wasn't anything new. Son Tung MTP has been well known for years now. So are Erik and Min.

It just seems there was just some cursory research to compliment the Thai part of the story.

I guess is good that there is exposure but compared to the piece they did on SB19 which was so informative and enthusiatic that I felt a bit disappointed.

https://www.scmp.com/lifestyle…e-answer-k-pop-groups-who

Why do I watch survival shows? This!

• Looking at your post history, you seem to have a problem with Thai artists. You can push your own Vietnamese artists without pushing others down too. I have no idea who Min is but I'm sure she's great. I'm sure both countries have talented artists.

If you mean diva-type singers, Thailand have plenty of that too. Here's 2. Both of them are what you think of when you say 'pure Thai' (although technically, pure Thai doesn't really exist since basically everyone in Thailand is mixed).

Da Endorphine

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Gam Wichayanee

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Gam even had a Twitter moment when everyone fell for her at the Oscars:

https://twitter.com/i/events/1226871758629883904?lang=en

• The SB19 article was written by a Filipino, whereas the T-Pop/V-Pop article was written by a Singaporean (I think?) whose work focuses on K-Pop. Take that as you will.

• As a person who's been listening to Vpop for a couple of years now, I would say it's become more boring and less innovative. Except for Son Tung M-TP and Min that are mentioned in the article. Too many artists are afraid to go out their comfort zone.

The article hit the cause for why traditional ballad is still popular in Vietnam: 2/3 of the population still lives in rural areas. It is what it is. Vietnam is still a developing country, and I think it will take a couple of years before Vpop breaks out of it's ballad shell. Economic developement goes hand in hand with the developement of music as well.

• As a person who's been listening to Vpop for a couple of years now, I would say it's become more boring and less innovative. Except for Son Tung M-TP and Min that are mentioned in the article. Too many artists are afraid to go out their comfort zone.

The article hit the cause for why traditional ballad is still popular in Vietnam: 2/3 of the population still lives in rural areas. It is what it is. Vietnam is still a developing country, and I think it will take a couple of years before Vpop breaks out of it's ballad shell. Economic developement goes hand in hand with the developement of music as well.

In poor areas in Black Africa, they like to listen to happy songs.

I have no idea who Min is but I'm sure she's great. I'm sure both countries have talented artists.

This is the Vietnamese singer Min :

MIN - ‘TRÊN TÌNH BẠN DƯỚI TÌNH YÊU’ OFFICIAL MUSIC VIDEO :

Min is very popular in Vietnam.

The Vietnamese singer Min and the Vietnamese singer Erik (who is a ex-member of the Vietnamese boy band Monstar) are best-known outside of Vietnam for their corona song which became viral on Tik Tok around the world :

Ghen Cô Vy| NIOEH x K.HƯNG x MIN x ERIK | WASHING HAND SONG | CORONA SONG :

Well, ballads are big all over Asia, including Korea too.

And ballads and OSTs are the mainstream CPOP. AKB48 and Johnny's aside, JPOP/JRock ballads are dominant in Anime OSTs.

So Vietnam is not an outlier in this. I think even as Vietnam gets richer they might still like ballads better since there is now push towards traditional elements in the Vietnamese pop scene that lend themselves far better to ballads.

Why do I watch survival shows? This!

• Well, ballads are big all over Asia, including Korea too.

And ballads and OSTs are the mainstream CPOP. AKB48 and Johnny's aside, JPOP/JRock ballads are dominant in Anime OSTs.

So Vietnam is not an outlier in this. I think even as Vietnam gets richer they might still like ballads better since there is now push towards traditional elements in the Vietnamese pop scene that lend themselves far better to ballads.

You're right. But Viet Ballads are so repetetive and lacks creativety. Even Son Tung Mtp, the star of Vpop said in a interview last year. He didn't bashed other artists, but he hinted that things was always the same with viet music.

Vpop is just my guilty pleasure and I do like some songs that suits my ears. Sadly, most of the Vpop artists I listen to are nugu level.

• and if its a half white person aka Janine Wiggles and Tata Young.

cause they surely ain't going to pay attention to some girl with a real asian look singing in their native tai language lol. Thailand has no real BoA of their own. Sad...

Cool! Let's play oblivious that Phum Viphurit, Milli and Da Endorphine exist.

Thailand has no BoA but, you don't have to be sad for us. We don't need it. We have our own dancing queen, Kratae.

By the way, I don't think Milli and Janine have longevity. Milli has no versatility, she always raps the same style and not really is that good as vocalist nor she is self-composed. Janine has faded out from Thai interest after she moved out of the country. Rarely anyone in Thailand has any idea what she's been up to in last few years.

P.S. it sounded like someone was jealous that Thailand had abundant talented pretty halfies while her/his country didn't.

• Yeah, there are not so as many popular singers with foreign ancestry in Vietnam compared to Thailand.

Here is a thread related that might interest you :

V-pop singers who have foreign ancestry :

I think that Thailand is more well known around the world than Vietnam.

If a country is more well known around the world then there might be more tourists coming to that country and so more contact with foreigners and more mixed babies.

It is easier to travel to Thailand in terms of administrative papers than to Vietnam.

Also most tourists want to go back to Thailand while only a minority of tourists want to go back to Vietnam because of the bad behavior of the Vietnamese who rip off the tourists and rob the tourists.

Also Vietnamese people can't stand in line but this behavior is changing with the younger generation of Vietnamese as they tend more and more to stand in line which was said by the Vietnamese youtuber and one man show stand-up comedian Dưa Leo and the funny Japanese youtubers duo Double Wish said it.

The Japanese duo Double said that they didn't like the Vietnamese at the beginning because they can't stand in line but then they saw that the young Vietnamese can stand in a line.

The Vietnamese comedian Dưa Leo said that he is happy to see young Vietnamese being able to stand in a line and changing their behavior from the previous generation as it means that there is a hope for a better futur in Vietnam.

In general, the behavior and thinking in general of the younger people in Vietnam is changing in a better way.

If the behavior is changing in a better way in Vietnam then the probability of tourists wanting to come back to Vietnam will increase and the probability of having more contact with foreigners and having more mixed babies in Vietnam will increase.

In 2015, there was Belgian student from the same university where I am studying in Belgium who asked me if there is still war in Vietnam.

I also saw a video of a female Vietnamese youtuber who said that she met people in foreign countries that thought that there was no electricity in Vietnam.

8 April 2021 :

WHY I DON'T SPEAK VIETNAMESE EVEN THOUGH I'M VIETNAMESE | TẠI SAO MÌNH KHÔNG NÓI TIẾNG VIỆT TRÊN WTP :

• Looking at your post history, you seem to have a problem with Thai artists. You can push your own Vietnamese artists without pushing others down too. I have no idea who Min is but I'm sure she's great. I'm sure both countries have talented artists.

I don't. Whats wrong with speaking the truth??? Thailand has a track record putting half whites on a pedestal (aka the "standard" to reach) while everyone else is treated below them (its worse if you are a dark thai person and 2x worse if you're mixed with Indian or african)

If you mean diva-type singers, Thailand have plenty of that too. Here's 2. Both of them are what you think of when you say 'pure Thai' (although technically, pure Thai doesn't really exist since basically everyone in Thailand is mixed).

No, i mean an allstar performer with long catalogue of pop music and huge influence throughout the music scene. Someone thai girls can really identify with. Thailand will never have that..

Technically Britney Spears is mixed with different kinds of european, but shes NEVER seen as mixed because shes purely white. All the white people have a huge pop star they can identify and look up to but where is thailand's Britney or BoA??? This is what i'm talking about. Comparing Thai people with an asian bloodline to a biracial asian/european is a FALSE EQUIVALENCE.

The SB19 article was written by a Filipino, whereas the T-Pop/V-Pop article was written by a Singaporean (I think?) whose work focuses on K-Pop. Take that as you will.

Explains alot. Clearly singaporeans don't know jack about either of those industries and clearly they would just pay attention to the english songs.

• Phum Viphurit

that guy is a semi ONE HIT WONDER that made a buzz with some Jason Mraz-lite drivel and none of it was even sung in Thai, so don't start

P.S. it sounded like someone was jealous that Thailand had abundant talented pretty halfies while her/his country didn't.

Don't use the word halfies as if half indian or half african even has a remote chance of making it in your country. Just say mixed white. And no, i'd rather my country treat all halfs equally than partake in some Eurocentric BS thats erasing local representation..

• I don't. Whats wrong with speaking the truth??? Thailand has a track record putting half whites on a pedestal (aka the "standard" to reach) while everyone else is treated below them (its worse if you are a dark thai person and 2x worse if you're mixed with Indian or african)

No, i mean an allstar performer with long catalogue of pop music and huge influence throughout the music scene. Someone thai girls can really identify with. Thailand will never have that..

Technically Britney Spears is mixed with different kinds of european, but shes NEVER seen as mixed because shes purely white. All the white people have a huge pop star they can identify and look up to but where is thailand's Britney or BoA??? This is what i'm talking about. Comparing Thai people with an asian bloodline to a biracial asian/european is a FALSE EQUIVALENCE.

Explains alot. Clearly singaporeans don't know jack about either of those industries and clearly they would just pay attention to the english songs.

I just literally showed you 2 examples of Da Endorphine & Gam Wichayanee. Lisa is also pure Asian.

The majority of Thai celebrities are also pure Asians. There's some big names like Mario, Nadech, Tata Young - but they represent such a small percentage of the Thai entertainment industry. Admittedly, halfies are over-represented in Thai media, but it's like a case of 5-10% of Thai celebrities being mixed when they probably represent 1-5% of the Thai population, unlike say Philippines where probably over 50% of the celebrities are mixed. The other 90-95% of the Thai media industry are pure Asians.

You have a pretty outdated view of the Thai media industry. Yeah, halfies were a pretty big thing a decade ago, but with the rise of K-Pop, white halfies no longer have the same privilege they had with this generation. Asian beauty standards are now the norm in Thailand. With Thailand becoming increasingly multiethnic/multicultural by the day (there's an Indian district, an African district, a Chinatown, etc.), we are really embracing diversity now. Take for example, this woman who's the winner of Miss Grand - which is the most popular/relevant beauty pagaent in Thailand. She's not mixed anything and people love her. Celebrities like Milli, Gam, etc. are flaunting their tanned skin. It's common to an extent that it's no longer just a tokenism thing.

%E0%B8%99%E0%B9%89%E0%B8%B3-%E0%B8%9E%E0%B8%B1%E0%B8%8A%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%9E%E0%B8%A3.png

Just because you know nothing of the Thai media industry doesn't mean that's the reality. You think other people are supposed to be knowledgeable about Vietnamese media industry when you force a false narrative on other societies while being completely ignorant as well.

• I just literally showed you 2 examples of Da Endorphine & Gam Wichayanee. Lisa is also pure Asian.

Da Endorphine can hardly be called someone who does pop music, much less a performer and Gam Wichayanee is mostly vocalist (not a performer) with barely any albums under her belt. Lisa's solo career is just starting this YEAR.

so what are you talking about?? There is still no Britney/Janet/BoA/Ayumi in the Thai world!

There's some big names like Mario, Nadech, Tata Young - but they represent such a small percentage of the Thai entertainment industry. Admittedly, halfies are over-represented in Thai media, but it's like a case of 5-10% of Thai celebrities being mixed when they probably represent 1-5% of the Thai population, unlike say Philippines where probably over 50% of the celebrities are mixed. The other 90-95% of the Thai media industry are pure Asians.

You have a pretty outdated view of the Thai media industry. Yeah, halfies were a pretty big thing a decade ago, but with the rise of K-Pop, white halfies no longer have the same privilege they had with this generation. Asian beauty standards are now the norm in Thailand. With Thailand becoming increasingly multiethnic/multicultural by the day (there's an Indian district, an African district, a Chinatown, etc.), we are really embracing diversity now.

Thats a damn lie. Most of the popular top actors and actress are still half white even to this day. The most followed on instagram in GMMTV is Bright Vachirawit! and he gained fame last year. So its pretty much still like this.

Just take a look at the amount thats at channel 3 https://mydramalist.com/list/732B2nY3

like 30 percent of them are mixed white. Thats totally not in line with the countries racial demographics at all. and how come they never hire other asian minorities like Khmer, Burmese, Lao etc.??? Just because its not as bad as in the Philippines (which was a colonized country so of course its going to be worse there) doesn't mean there still isn't some sort of erasure thats going on in the media

Take for example, this woman who's the winner of Miss Grand - which is the most popular/relevant beauty pagaent in Thailand. She's not mixed anything and people love her.

are you sure about that? I check her instagram page and it does not have nearly have the same amount of followers as the Canadian miss universe winner Amanda Obdam (who didn't even bother to answer her question in Thai)

Just because you know nothing of the Thai media industry doesn't mean that's the reality. You think other people are supposed to be knowledgeable about Vietnamese media industry when you force a false narrative on other societies while being completely ignorant as well.

Nothing i said was ignorant. You are just salty i called out your racist society for what it was. Stop acting like what i'm saying isnt true.

• Let me show you, as you said... "they surely ain't going to pay attention to some girls with a real asian look singing in their native tai language"

A hit song from tik-tok, a real asian look singing in their native tai language , attracted a lot of foreigners beyond Thailand as can be seen from comment section. lol

380M View for non-white mix singer, a real asian look singing in their native tai language lol

How about male...

410M View for non-white mix singer, a real asian look singing in their native tai language lol

510M View for non-white mix singer, a real asian look singing in their native tai language lol

Last but not least, the hit drama...

478M View for Ost. of a hit drama, again no white-mix in there lol

You know, I always laugh whenever I see you, Viet, boasted about youtube view. lol

A bonus...

845M View for Blow out candles on birthday Cake, again no white-mix in there lol

• Here are the most viewed videos in Thai on Youtube :

https://www.videoamigo.com/top-videos/l-thai

Here are the most viewed music videos in Thai on Youtube :

https://kworb.net/youtube/topvideos_thai.html

Here is the most viewed music video in Thai on Youtube which is the music video "Magic Rope" by the Thai rock band Labanoon :

26 August 2015 : 523 million views :

เชือกวิเศษ - LABANOON「Official MV」 :

Here are the most viewed videos in Vietnamese on Youtube :

https://www.videoamigo.com/top-videos/l-vietnamese

Here are the most viewed music videos in Vietnamese on Youtube :

https://kworb.net/youtube/topvideos_vietnamese.html

Here is the most viewed video in Vietnamese on Youtube which is the music video "Bống Bống Bang Bang" from the V-pop boy band 365daband :

27 June 2016 : 495 million views :

365DABAND - BỐNG BỐNG BANG BANG | OFFICIAL MV (TẤM CÁM: CHUYỆN CHƯA KỂ OST) :

All the members of the V-pop boy band 365daband are only Vietnamese except Isaac who has Vietnamese ancestry and Chinese ancestry.

Isaac is the leader of the V-pop boy band 365daband.

Isaac is generally considered to be the most handsome guy in the V-pop boy band 365daband.

2aeef07fe6d39f44921c85a582e9db76.1000x1000x1.jpg

Except Isaac, all the other singers on that current list are Vietnamese only.

• that guy is a semi ONE HIT WONDER that made a buzz with some Jason Mraz-lite drivel and none of it was even sung in Thai, so don't start

Don't use the word halfies as if half indian or half african even has a remote chance of making it in your country. Just say mixed white. And no, i'd rather my country treat all halfs equally than partake in some Eurocentric BS thats erasing local representation..

He is an indie artist from an underground music label. To get some music videos exceeding 10m, isn't that already a huge success for his background? And, so you just pretended Milli and Kratae did not exist? Cool!

They do. Mint Chalida is half Indian. Kob Flatboy and Rasmeekhae are half black. D. Gerrard is doing alright. Half Cuban Gina Salas is on the roll. They are also Pinky Sawika, Yardthip, Bird Wanchana and Oat Pramote who are South Asian descendants. You lie to yourself if you say the half-black is as pretty as the half-white by Asian standard.

Treat all halfies equally? Are they even halfie celeb to be treated equally in your country? If you truly see them the same, why pick on their ethnic? Why don't see them just as simply Thai citizens as non-white celebs? Why don't you judge them simply by their looks, their talents and their characters? Your racism is showing.

You need to check your kidneys, your level of saltiness is unhealthy.

So, this is not pop music nor a performance? What is it?

Why does the Thai need BoA/Britney/Ayumi/Janet? We have Kratae. And, we have our Soyeon in the brewing.

Anticipate her to shine in next decade. She's the elder child of a famous rapper, Way.

Do you know that GMM is a TV channel of like 1 point of average rating, it's like JTBC of Thailand. Bright may be the biggest star of GMM TV but he's not half as famous as Khem Hassawee or Ken Phupoom domestically. Jaonaay also has gotten very popular with his music. Bright is not half white but quarter (a white grandparent).

I looked at the list and I counted 19 half white actors out of over 90 actors. So, it's close to 25% and not 30%.

You should first ask how many Thai kids of a Laotian/Burmese/Cambodian parent are in middle to high social class, pretty and put themselves in somewhere that a talent scouter may see, audition show, Tiktok etc. And, if you were not ignorant, you should have known that the Laotian is strongly anti-Thai and any Laotian working in Thai showbiz will be heavily flaked in Laos. Anyway, they are some actors of a SEA parent, Johnny (Filipino father), Richie (Filipino father), Tony Rakkhaen (Viet father), Esther (Malaysian father). Day of Thaitanium is a USA citizen of Burmese ethnic. Hannah of the girl group 4EVE came from Laos.

Partial white population being over-represented in showbiz in no way means Asian ethnic being erased and is still dominating the showbiz.

Being able to write in Thai fluently is not a requirement to be Thai and never will be. Anyway, Miss Obdam has gained many young supporters (so as tons of haters) due to her controversial political remarks.

You're too ignorant to realize everything you said was ignorant. Thailand surely is not free of racism yet, many Asian foreigners choose this country their home to live for lives.

I think that Thailand is more well known around the world than Vietnam.

If a country is more well known around the world then there might be more tourists coming to that country and so more contact with foreigners and more mixed babies.

Yes. Thailand is far more well-known than Vietnam hence more expats. Thailand has long been a popular destination to foreigners. 17th century was a vivid era with some notable foreign historical figures.

Constantin Phaulkon, the Greek chancellor

Nagamasa Yamada, the Japanese governor of Nakhon Si Thammarat

Ahmad Qomi, the Persian vice chancellor.

They were also Portuguese village, Japanese village, Chinese village, Muslim village, Dutch village and French village around the capital city. Only the Portuguese village is still survive to these days but relocated to the area centered by the Church of Santa Cruz and has lost much of its Portuguese heritage.

• Can you please stop spewing BS just because reality doesn't match with your biased narrative?

You're stuck in the 90's and obsessed with halfies.

Here's a list of Top 50 most followed Thai celebrities on Instagram.

https://kad.in.th/shop/the-top…uct&add_to_wishlist=92085

Like 10 of them have partial white heritage, and even some of them like Bright only has a quarter. Even then, he can pass off as fully Asian and no one would notice a difference. And it's not even a bad thing - Thai people finding white features attractive is true and there's nothing wrong with that. They also find Asian features attractive. They also find darker features attractive. We've moved on from your narrow worldview where beauty has to look a specific way. You seem to be really obsessed with Thai media industry yet really ignorant at the same time. Amanda answered her question in English because we're selecting a representative to a global stage - where the Q&A will be in English. Obviously, they want to send someone who speaks good English to the competition.

Seriously, you're obsessed and jealous. It's really unhealthy & ugly.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!