Thai and Vietnamese pop music is surging across Asia – these are the artists to watch

• Can you please stop spewing BS just because reality doesn't match with your biased narrative?

You're stuck in the 90's and obsessed with halfies.

Here's a list of Top 50 most followed Thai celebrities on Instagram.

https://kad.in.th/shop/the-top…uct&add_to_wishlist=92085

i know you are not trying to count Bambam and Lisa when they are people that Korea helped get famous and not Thailand. Get the f**k out of here lol

and after removing them, the top five becomes half european. You literally just posted something that just proves that i'm right. Why don't you stop spewing bs??

Bright only has a quarter. Even then, he can pass off as fully Asian and no one would notice a difference.

LMAO. The more you talk, the more you sound deluded. No one on earth thinks Bright actually looks like a thai person. Come on. Even with a quarter white, the european genetics came out strong. His skintone is not like everyone elses.

Like i said. Thailand can't get success with a regular asian or a dark skin person. They need white people to help them get famous

😂😂

Amanda answered her question in English because we're selecting a representative to a global stage - where the Q&A will be in English. Obviously, they want to send someone who speaks good English to the competition.

Seriously, you're obsessed and jealous. It's really unhealthy & ugly.

Notice how you did not acknowledge that Amanda is more popular than that other chick you was claiming was "loved". Lying is your favorite hobby huh?

and its better to label people jealous and acknowledge your country is colorist as f****

• He is an indie artist from an underground music label. To get some music videos exceeding 10m, isn't that already a huge success for his background? And, so you just pretended Milli and Kratae did not exist? Cool!

I don't even know those other two and thats for A REASON. They're probably trash.

They do. Mint Chalida is half Indian. Kob Flatboy and Rasmeekhae are half black. D. Gerrard is doing alright. Half Cuban Gina Salas is on the roll. They are also Pinky Sawika, Yardthip, Bird Wanchana and Oat Pramote who are South Asian descendants.

Mint is not half indian lol. Shes a quarter. and i just looked up the rest of these people and none of them are on the level of Mai Davika and the likes. Like i said. white supremacist society.

Just ask Rusameekae

Rusameekae recalls that most of the people who bullied him growing up were older Thais. Relatives on his Thai side would purposely compare and favor his white Swedish sister over him, while teachers would make up nicknames for him that the entire class would use.

One memorable insult he’s been called is “cottonseed” (สำลีเม็ดใน), a Thai saying refers to having black skin, especially among lighter skinned people – just like a cottonseed in a ball of cotton.

“These words all come from adults. There’s no way children know them on their own. Children play with each other and love each other,” Rusameekae said. “It’s the adults that teach them these words.”

Once on set, he said one a five-year-old child accidentally bumped into his leg and said, “Ew, you’re black.”

Thai soap operas and advertisements are long known for their constant use of black face. Rusameekae said it’s a symptom of the kind of society he is in – that it’s so wrong to be black that blackface has to be used.

You lie to yourself if you say the half-black is as pretty as the half-white by Asian standard.

SEE?? Now i have proof Thai people are VILE. While i respect everyone's personal dating preferences (even when it comes to race), to deny ANYONE job opportunities in the entertainment world because of their skin color or race is discrimination

half whites only have pale skin, nothing else about them fits any asian standard any more than a half black person. I could find a blasian with a small face and could be styled in an asian way but they won't get anywhere just cause they are dark and mixed with black. Thats a fact. And the fact that america will give black folks a chance even though they represent only 13% of the population says alot on how advanced they are as a society. And black people don't even fit the white standard at all.

If you truly see them the same, why pick on their ethnic? Why don't see them just as simply Thai citizens as non-white celebs? Why don't you judge them simply by their looks, their talents and their characters? Your racism is showing.

You need to check your kidneys, your level of saltiness is unhealthy.

All i'm saying is if half whites are getting all these opportunities to shine, give them to the other mixed kids as well. Me thinking that they don't represent the ordinary asian person does not conflict with that stance imo.

Realistically all our experiences in life will be different due to our race. ex. what half blacks go through is a million times worse in an asian society while half whites will have it easier than a even regular asian person in Thailand. A person that is half viet / half thai could go to either country be treated as "not mixed", especially if they dont' even tell people. And if they go to america, it won't even matter, they'll just see them as asian.

and the only salty one is you. Don't act like what i'm saying isn't true.

when i say pop performer, i'm talking about someone who does choreography as well as put out up-tempo dance music (and has a long diverse catalogue of music and albums)

Do you know that GMM is a TV channel of like 1 point of average rating, it's like JTBC of Thailand. Bright may be the biggest star of GMM TV but he's not half as famous as Khem Hassawee or Ken Phupoom domestically. Jaonaay also has gotten very popular with his music. Bright is not half white but quarter (a white grandparent).

I looked at the list and I counted 19 half white actors out of over 90 actors. So, it's close to 25% and not 30%.

lmao you made it like that 5% made ANY difference. It just proves my point really.

and i know GMMTV is something the international crowd pays more attention than domestically but he still the most known out of EVERYONE at GMMTV public wise. which further proves my point. They needed mixed white people to succeed!

You should first ask how many Thai kids of a Laotian/Burmese/Cambodian parent are in middle to high social class, pretty and put themselves in somewhere that a talent scouter may see, audition show, Tiktok etc. And, if you were not ignorant, you should have known that the Laotian is strongly anti-Thai and any Laotian working in Thai showbiz will be heavily flaked in Laos.

YG gave Lisa a chance and YG isn't even from Thailand, so thats not a good excuse. And they could easily go to non-bangkok areas of the country and do some street scouting. There have been MANY celebrities in america (and some in korea) who came from nothing, came from single parent house hold and still made a name for themselves. Nepotism and class doesn't always have to play a part on who gets to be in entertainment.

Anyway, they are some actors of a SEA parent, Johnny (Filipino father), Richie (Filipino father), Tony Rakkhaen (Viet father), Esther (Malaysian father). Day of Thaitanium is a USA citizen of Burmese ethnic. Hannah of the girl group 4EVE came from Laos.

You forgot to add they were half white fathers. Nincompoop

Being able to write in Thai fluently is not a requirement to be Thai and never will be. Anyway, Miss Obdam has gained many young supporters (so as tons of haters) due to her controversial political remarks.

You're too ignorant to realize everything you said was ignorant. Thailand surely is not free of racism yet, many Asian foreigners choose this country their home to live for lives.

I only brought Amanda up cause other chick said some dark skin thai chick was supposedly the most relevant/popular pageant winner when in it was Amanda (who again fits the mixed white mold)

• Is Lisa a half white person? Is Bambam a half white person? Is Aum Patcharapa a half white person? Is Tony Jaa a half white person? Is Apichatpong Weerasethakul a half white person? Is Ploy Chermarn a half white person? Literally the other 80% of that list I showed you are pure Asian. You're being selectively blind.

So if Korea helped Lisa & Bambam get famous, then they're not Thai anymore? If a Thai person goes to Hollywood & China and becomes successful, they're not Thai anymore? Lol, your jealousy is eating away at your brain.

Anyways, you can continue to be obsessed with Thai entertainment but it's not going to make your faves anymore famous. You get better by supporting your own people, not by trying to drag others down.

• Is Aum Patcharapa a half white person? Is Tony Jaa a half white person? Is Apichatpong Weerasethakul a half white person? Is Ploy Chermarn a half white person? Literally the other 80% of that list I showed you are pure Asian. You're being selectively blind.

I wasn't selective. I pointed out who was the top five that thailand helped make famous and all of them were half white while Aum is the TOKEN ASIAN of the group. This is proof that thailand treats full asians as beneath those with mixed white. And no its not normal because in white countries, they put white celebrities first and tokenize everyone else.

Meanwhile Vietnam prides itself on their asian identity. Even sending ethnic asian minorities who don't fit the east asian look (h'hen nie) to represent Miss Universe

So if Korea helped Lisa & Bambam get famous, then they're not Thai anymore? If a Thai person goes to Hollywood & China and becomes successful, they're not Thai anymore? Lol, your jealousy is eating away at your brain.

Thailand can't get credit for them because had they tried to be celebrities in thailand (without korea's help), they would have had NO CHANCE to make it big. Lisa has a cambodian/laotian look and Bambam is tan skinned. You think Thailand would have promoted/supported them the same as Mai Davika and Nadech??? Get the f&*k out of here lol. Like i told you above, Thailand treat asians (especially the NATIVES) below half whites.

I don't know why thai people are so OVER SENSITIVE just because i point out the truth?? Korea takes the credit because the majority of their followers are international KPOP FANS. Not t-pop fans. Thailand would have discriminated against those two and you know it.

• First people are saying Lisa is half-white and now you're saying she's Cambodian/Laotian. Lol seriously people need to make up their minds.

Oh hooray Vietnam sent one ethnic minority to a Miss Universe and now the country is supposed to be free of racism.

Here's a page you can look up: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racism_in_Vietnam

News flash, there's plenty of racism and colorism in Vietnam against people of darker skin too!

There's racism in Thailand, there's racism in America.

Vietnam doesn't 'pridE itself On their aSian iDenTity'. There's just less white people (or foreigners in Vietnam) than in Thailand in general. You go to Bangkok and you'll see people from all nationalities & ethnicities, many of whom have made their homes here. As I said, half whites are seen as beautiful. Full Asians are seen as beautiful.

Anyways, you can continue to be proud of whatever you're proud of, I don't really care to be honest. Good for you guys I guess? But you can keep your fake concern of Thai people to yourself. We don't feel underrepresented in our media lol so stop trying to tell us how we're supposed to feel.

Seriously, I don't know why people need to drag Thailand into their conversations.

• First people are saying Lisa is half-white and now you're saying she's Cambodian/Laotian. Lol seriously people need to make up their minds.

i said she had a Cambodian/Laotian "look"

Which is true cause shes from Buriram. Not only are your english comprehension skills are bad but you don't even know jack sh*t about your own stars? LMAO Are you even thai??? like, is your job sitting at home misquoting people on purpose just so you can look smart in a argument?? cause its not working.

and notice how you ignored the entire point because that Bambam and Lisa would have never made it in Thailand if it wasn't for Korea giving them the chance. Again, you think the thai industry would have promoted/supported them and put them on the same level as Mai Davika and Nadech??? You won't answer this question, which means I won this argument point blank period. Thailand does not accept people who look like them.

stop replying to me if you aren't going to say anything intelligent.

We don't feel underrepresented in our media lol so stop trying to tell us how we're supposed to feel.

and??? i never told you how to feel about anything ms OBTUSE spokesperson for thai people XDDD. I merely stated my opinions that thailand is a white supremacist racist society that put half whites at the top instead of somebody that represents the racial demographic. And they do this all while mocking those with darker skin including half african.

You were the one that decided to get mad/preachy for no reason and act like what i'm saying isn't true. White people don't even put half asians at the top in their countries because people aren't celebrated for being asian in the white community but thais will certainly celebrate halfs for being white. Asians are put in a class below mixed white in Thai society.

• and notice how you ignored the entire point because that Bambam and Lisa would have never made it in Thailand if it wasn't for Korea giving them the chance. Again, you think the thai industry would have promoted/supported them and put them on the same level as Mai Davika and Nadech??? You won't answer this question, which means I won this argument point blank period. Thailand does not accept people who look like them.

Yes, they will lol. And they have. What are you going to do about it?

You can continue to be bothered on Thai people's behalf I guess because they sure aren't crying over it.

Unlike you, I don't have some subconscious inferiority complex about mixed Asian or that somehow speaking English makes you a better person. Your lame putdowns attempts reveal more about you than anything.

• Anyways, you can continue to be obsessed with Thai entertainment but it's not going to make your faves anymore famous. You get better by supporting your own people, not by trying to drag others down.

This person is a lotus in the mud, blinded and deafened with hatred and jealousy.

So, you joined this thread just to express your hatred and not even read the article? You were not bothered to remember Milli and Kratae but did deep researches on Rasmeekae and Mint Chalida? Your determination is awesome. Only if it were used productively ...

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!