What's your family life like?

• lmaooo

let's just say

• Meh. My parents are both narcissistics and my dad is most likely a psychopath and they are overall toxic so growing up in this household was pretty stressful throughout my whole childhood. To the point where it wasnt that far off from death tbh.

Overall my parents regard their own children as a possession first and foremost to say it shortly.

I generally keep communication to them to a minimum because talking more than 5min with them will most likely result in a pretty horrible outcome.

Me and my sister had the potential to be close but we didnt. I think growing up the way we did has two possible outcomes: you either become very close in order to be allies in such an environment or you get crushed down and grow apart. We grew apart. Shes been pretty aggressive, moody and depressed as far back as I can remember. The thing is though that I can sometimes see how much different she could have become if she could have had a different life. Sometimes it shines trough.

I always envied kids who had a genuinely close and loving bond with their parents for that reason.

So in the future should I have a family I really want to make it into a warm and safe space. Yeah I guess thats all??

• Micah Forever

Benny's Smoll Bean

Minnie-SEC-Sig.png

• We tolerate each other. I work with my mom at my job and sometimes my brother helps too because the pandemic made the store busier than usual. We help each other out in other ways such as watching each others dogs and sometimes my mom and I watch his kids.

My sister on the other hand I can only tolerate her only at the holidays and my mom birthday. I know I can be judgmental and sometimes people deserve it but at least I acknowledge my faults. My sister on the other hand doesn't which is funny because out of everyone in the family she's the most judgmental. I only text her to wish her a happy birthday or if we are teaming up to give mom a present other than that she has to text me.

My dad died when I was a kid so I only had mom for the majority of my life.

• My bother is really annoying and always snitches on me :cursing: and my parents are always comparing me to their friend's children ;(

I feel you girl, my parents always compare me to other people and it really brings down my self esteem. The only reason I am not depressed is BTS, Blackpink and other kpop groups.

• I’ve only got my older sister left in my family with both my parents gone. We are the only surviving members and we don’t exactly get on. We haven’t seen or spoken to one another in five years and she has wiped me. I loved both my parents and they gave me a wonderful life and I miss them dearly.

I still have my daughter that I share a close bond with but she isn’t my blood family.

• My family are nice, I guess I am privileged. Although it would still be nice to move out.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I had a rocky and toxic relationship with both my grandmothers but they passed away some time ago. My parents on the other hand are amazing and caring people so I'm very lucky to have them in my life. I used to be at odds with my mum quite often when I was going through my rebellious phase but we're really close now.

Let Me Shine Bright 

4cfec65d8f2ca1e10d2992f8538ac5a70f371b16.gifv 41044baf21b673edaead3ab264714cfafe489aeb.gifv 330ae6c6236e9f54e2a629bf61728a4f2a08a326.gifv

• My extended family, um yeah no, none of them are in our lives for complicated reasons.

But my family, I love the 5 of them so much but it still is complicated. We laugh and joke around but at the end of the day, I can't speak to them about anything personal and they don't know me as well as they think they do.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!