annoying people with your depression

• Anyone else with depression can relate??? My depression has ruined me and my best friend's relationship. They used to be there for me, but now they find me annoying because i'm sad all the time. And they're tired of hearing me wanting to end everything. So yeah, i'm all alone. Even my friends think i'm annoying. So now i just stay away from everyone. I don't want to bother people.

Also, don't dm me. I'm not gonna reply.

• I'll be honest, my Mom has said to me before that she's tired of my depression. I feel like my friends are more open and receptive to it and more understanding but it could also be a cultural difference.

I come from an asian-immigrant family so my parents don't see mental health as a real issue. Where as my friends were born and raised and has a family history in America so they've been able to talk more openly about mental health and understand where I'm coming from.

~ ω

• I have depression and can relate, it's the worst because you can feel yourself slipping away from people and you know it's not their fault but they can't really do much for you when even you don't know how to make it better, even you get annoyed and miserable from your own suffering. I think that definitely plays a role in just deciding to keep those feelings to ourselves because it ruins everything when it gets in the way. I have people in my life, but consider myself to be very much alone.

• Ah yeah it's things like that make me reluctant to share my personal issues and stuff. So I tend to suffer in silence. I really don't want to burden people by sharing my issues with them, and sometimes I'm not sure if I can trust people enough to talk. Even with people, I consider friends. Nowadays, sometimes I feel comfortable enough to talk, but it isn't that often.

💣🎇 P1Harmony 5th Mini Album 'HARMONY : SET IN' OUT NOW!!!💥💣
    b675bae17756d66b1c583cc777acfaac3606736b.gifv7e6700291c446212998eba09549f464a739c91a3.gifv4cd7cc8dafce05255d7d96dfae0cd85dc47c4e21.gifv

P1harmony|SHINee|ITZY|ONF|Monsta X|Purple Kiss|KARD|ONEWE|Pentagon|Billlie|NCT Dream|Ghost9|GOT7

• Official Post

sure

problem is solved by shitposting on the internet and/or sleeping all day and only coming out just enough to let ppl know you're still alive so they don't try to come over.

wait is this about depression or being asocial.

giphy.gif

• I have depression and I can relate to this. It’s really messed up a lot of healthy relationships for me. Me and my family aren’t as close as we used to be because I push them away a lot. I lost my best friend a couple of months ago because they couldn’t handle how down I am all of the time. Depression sucks, and I completely understand how you feel.

• I suffer depression but I’m on medication for it. My father passed away a few months ago so have been doing it tough. It’s my anxiety that seems to be more the issue which people don’t understand. It pisses people off but I don’t do it on purpose. I have got good support with my partner and daughter.

• I’ve been dealing with it since I was probably twelve/thirteen... so yikes, twenty five years. It’s really hard when you feel like you’re slipping away from people, and friends who have never felt that way can find it increasingly hard to relate.

Keep trying to talk to people who DO get it, and try to fight the urge to withdraw even more as hermiting yourself totally only ends up with not having to deal with problems in that moment... it feels easier at the time, but then it gets harder and harder not to keep doing that.

• I often have panic attacks, and for me, it's even worse than depression. I'm afraid of an uncontrolled state of fear and helplessness, which is very difficult to cope with. This happens most often in crowded places, so it affected my social life, and I started spending more time alone. I tried online therapy, and this turned out the most suitable way for me to get help, don't leaving my home.

Edited once, last by kimsundo ().

• I've had it before. Most people still are not equipped to handle other people's feelings and "stuff" though. It's disappointing how much empathy and understanding is lacking overall.

Ah yeah it's things like that make me reluctant to share my personal issues and stuff. So I tend to suffer in silence. I really don't want to burden people by sharing my issues with them, and sometimes I'm not sure if I can trust people enough to talk. Even with people, I consider friends. Nowadays, sometimes I feel comfortable enough to talk, but it isn't that often.

That's sad. No one should suffer in silence. If you don't have anyone you feel will listen, I'm here.

• Ah yeah it's things like that make me reluctant to share my personal issues and stuff. So I tend to suffer in silence. I really don't want to burden people by sharing my issues with them, and sometimes I'm not sure if I can trust people enough to talk. Even with people, I consider friends. Nowadays, sometimes I feel comfortable enough to talk, but it isn't that often.

my sister has depression and even though it can be hard hearing about how bad it is, I will always 100% prefer her talking to me about it and working through it together then her suffering in silence. please share with the people who love you, it can help.

LAFBL0s.gif

let us gather around for the lord’s prayer:

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

:pepe-pray:

• my sister has depression and even though it can be hard hearing about how bad it is, I will always 100% prefer her talking to me about it and working through it together then her suffering in silence. please share with the people who love you, it can help.

yeah... it's difficult because my parents don't want to hear it, and don't even try to understand. They rather shove me onto a therapist ( not dissing therapy of course, I just hate that I can't get the understanding I need from the people whom are supposed to be closest to me).

I have people I can trust enough to talk to... I don't like sharing my deeper issues and feelings unless I have to, but I'm working on getting better at that.

b675bae17756d66b1c583cc777acfaac3606736b.gifv7e6700291c446212998eba09549f464a739c91a3.gifv4cd7cc8dafce05255d7d96dfae0cd85dc47c4e21.gifv

P1harmony|SHINee|ITZY|ONF|Monsta X|Purple Kiss|KARD|ONEWE|Pentagon|Billlie|NCT Dream|Ghost9|GOT7

• I've had it before. Most people still are not equipped to handle other people's feelings and "stuff" though. It's disappointing how much empathy and understanding is lacking overall.

That's sad. No one should suffer in silence. If you don't have anyone you feel will listen, I'm here.

Thank you. :lover3:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!