Rumors: Hitomi and Shuhua on Chuang 2022??

• Omg! Hitomi from Iz*One and G(I)dle at Chuang 2022?

Hitomi is believable since Iz*One is disbanding and Japan has enter Chuang in a big way after 2021. Can't wait for AKB-Japan and SNH48 interactions!!!

Shuhua, I not so sure. Naver is kinda of a Korean Fox channel with a lot of crazy assed rumors, conspiracies and downright racist mongering. Someone there might have an axe to grind with G(I)dle with all its foreign members. That said, the Soojin issue is putting the group in jeopardy.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Mbr…tatus/1378871830304452609

"Honda Hitomi will be joining Chuang 2022 (Chinese Produce 101) as part of AKB48 with some other girls. "

https://mobile.twitter.com/miy…tatus/1378763575993458690

"According to a new naver article, shuhua of (g)i-dle would be one of the participants of ‘chuang 2022’, also known as ‘produce camp’, which is the Chinese version of ‘produce 101’.

Sparkles

- i can’t wait for shuhua in a reality."

Why do I watch survival shows? This!

• money wise good move for both Chuang and girls

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Again, just rumors. But Hitomi was on a list which included a lot of names from China and Japan (along with a few from Korea, the UK, etc.) And it was supposedly dropped at a dance academy discussing applications for 2022.

The names for AKB both current and former were pretty specific:

https://mobile.twitter.com/mnl…tatus/1378300675998707714

"[RUMOR]

AKB48,SNH48 & AKB48 Team SH are rumored to participate in CHUANG 2022 based on a trending post on weibo.
    AKB48: Nagisa Sakaguchi, Rio Okawa, Honda
    Hitomi, Minami Sato, Yui Hiwatashi, Ikumi Nakano

(graduated members included probably because they are known under AKB)"

7149F909-627C-43EE-9943-8E5A44DC04D6.jpg

96A72A09-BDDD-4DB4-8F14-A8FE2B1897F3.jpeg

Shuhua was NOT on the list. Those rumors came from Korea.

• Sato Minani already was rumored participating Girls Planet 999 to which she commented she had no plan to join any of such show. I highly doubt she'll be in this show.

• By the way, Shuhua could go far with votes

but if mentors would have something to say then I don't think she would make it to the strict finale, maybe will even be eliminated in 2nd round... the competition in Chuang is just too good.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• What would really be cool is if AKB will send girls from the overseas sister groups (SGO, MNL, BNK, JKT, etc.) to Chuang 2022 while AKB and the Japanese sisters go to Produce Japan S3 (which should be coming after two boys seasons.)

• What would really be cool is if AKB will send girls from the overseas sister groups (SGO, MNL, BNK, JKT, etc.) to Chuang 2022 while AKB and the Japanese sisters go to Produce Japan S3 (which should be coming after two boys seasons.)

AKB can't do so. Sister groups are run separately by different companies. AKB's agency, DH, has no power to tell Yoshimoto, iAM etc. to join a survival show. Also, the right to oversea recruitment may be already given to other entities. Thai trainees on Chuang were recruited by Tencent's Thai branch, Insight Ent.

• By the way, Shuhua could go far with votes

but if mentors would have something to say then I don't think she would make it to the strict finale, maybe will even be eliminated in 2nd round... the competition in Chuang is just too good.

How do Taiwanese idols navigate the thin line between making it in China and being themselves?

I've heard Lai Guanlin is supporting the mainland but he also has a career to grow. If any member of G-Idle were to do it, wouldn't it be Yuqi?

I'd also say that mainland Chinese tastes are a bit different than other regions...as evidenced by the popularity of Zhang Yifan. People everywhere like a good visual, but I doubt she would have done as well anywhere else.

That said, some great talent on Chuang and YWY this year...is it because the Chinese entertainment market is still emerging? I was surprised that YWY3 could have a choreographer from 1MILLION and then Chuang has world-class Japanese dance talent. I remember Santa from Taemin's Famous choreo and apparently Rikimaru was the choreographer.

• There are many Taiwanese, especially in the drama and film industry, but in music there are really big names in CPOP -- Jay Chou, Ella (mentor in YWY2), Show Lu, Linong (Nine Percent), etc. who had been in Chinese shows for years. Taiwanese trainees compete in YWY and Produce Camp every season.

It doesn't seem hard for many Taiwanese. Some of them might truly see themselves as Chinese at least culturally and ethnically and see no problems. There are Taiwanese stars dropping H&M, Addidas, Nike, etc. over the Xinjiang cotton issue.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Rad…tatus/1375605724626173953

Yifan really sits at the crossroads of China's "Mom" and "Girlfriend" fans. "Mom" fans in China like to support idols who look and are young and precious -- the fans of TF Boys are famous for this. Yifan has a really beautiful "daughter's" face. She looks like someone's kid. And she is a ballerina which moms love. The "girlfriend" fans like idols who are handsome/beautiful and tall. It applies to fangirls following BGs of course but also to girl idols too. SNH48's Diamond and The9's Yu Yan are famous for having a lot of fangirls. The popularity of tomboys like Chris Lee, Sunnee, Lu Keran, etc. are related to this. Yifan is very tall.

China is definitely a new and growing market for KPOP style idol music but the talent has always been there. The vocals at Chuang and YWY are way beyond what we saw in the Korean produces. The Rocket Girls had 3 main vocals and four very good lead vocals. Bon Bon Girls has four main vocals. Dance at the classical and technical level might actually be higher than Korea because of China's performing art and dance academies -- the flexibility of Chinese KPOP idols like Victoria, Cheng Xiao, Jia and Yiren are legendary. They were all trained classically in western or Chinese dance.

Where they lack are the street style and synchronization of idol dancing that originated in Korea. But frankly, the Chinese do better at this than anyone outside Korea. The dance eval stages at Chuang and YWY are better than those at PD 101 Japan IMO and I doubt that anything from the US or Europe would be better!

• More like, AKB48 and Team SH/TP... And they being polite to SNH48 members as it already happened in YWY and Chang2020. I don't really think they feel that comfortable or that they are allowed to interact that much...

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!