[KNETZ] Reason for Baekhyun enlisting in public service, long term medication for 4th grade hypothyroidism

• images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRyF8RnDzAmncv8e7Ox7VbgDEHbr9CPxEihXg&usqp=CAU

After it was confirmed that EXO's Baekhyun would be enlisting as a public service worker, it was revealed that this was due to long-term health issues.

Dispatch reported that Baekhyun had received a Grade-4 due to his

hypothyroidism, according to the Military Manpower Administration's revised physical examination. Grades 1-3 are qualified for active service.

Baekhyun submitted to military officials a medical certificate along with records of the past year of treatment. Grade-4 isnthe lowest grade that he could have received for his health condition. A source from the Military Manpower

Administration stated that hypothyroidism usually receives Grade-3, but proof of medication taken for over six months can result in a Grade - 4.

Hypothyroidism is a condition in which the thyroid gland underproduces key hormones and results in a slower metabolism, fatigue, weight gain, intolerance to cold, swelling, and more.

Dispatch reported that Baekhyun had been suffering from this condition for a long time, having first learned of it in high school, and that he managed it through medication and frequent blood tests.

Baekhyun will be enlisting on May 6. He will enlist as a public service worker after three weeks of basic training.

cr : soompi

original post: here

1. I'm not a fan of EXO but what's up with the people telling him to serve in active duty despite being sick? He submitted all his medical records and got approved so what's the issue here?

2. For real, I find the thought process of people who think that he got into public service with some preferential treatment so weirdㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Of course, it's because he's sick somewhere that he got admitted to public service. My first thought was that he has been hiding this from his fans all this time.

3. The country saw that he deserved to go to public service so that's why he enlisted there. In what generation are we living in that people can just escape to public service in secret? I don't even care about Baekhyun but I just find him pitiful.

4. EXID's Solji and Sayuri even got surgery because of this. Seems like this disease really gives you a hard time.

5. No but what's the issue here? People were making a fuss about him serving in public service and are making a fuss again now that he's revealed to be sick?

You guys are seriously crazy

6. My friend has this too, He can't really drink coffee and he can't eat things he wants and always needs to manage himself and he's f*cking pitiful.. Why are people making so much fuss about someone enlisting in public service? You guys are just making a sick person even more sick... Baekhyun, I hope that you enlist safely.

8. He can just eat his medication, he must be having a freaking good time enlisting in public service.

9. There are so many f*cked up kids in the comments... sigh

10. Looks like the people who are hating on him don't have any male acquaintances around them.

You'd know when someone around you was so sick that they have to enlist in public service, you will be able to tell right away that their condition is severe, they need to meet certain requirements in order to qualify for public service.

11. So that's why he's enlisting in public service...

12. Hul, hypothyroidism... he needs to manage himself well...

Source

• Official Post

8. He can just eat his medication, he must be having a freaking good time enlisting in public service.

I hope this person has a particularly terrible day.

• im not a fans of exo but trust me hyperthyroidism is hell.

you might see as nothing but people who are suffering from this disease fell sick quite often and theyre often time dont have a very strong body.

so i really cant see how he's going to serve as an active soldier with this medical conditions that just make your body weak.

• The fact people can make fun of someone's disease or disorder is sickening. I hate twitter stans.

I hate them with passion

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• i cant wait for him to be back already ;(

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Imagine making fun of chronic illness or having no empathy at all :pepestare:

Comments under soompi can relate. Why go up to knetz, international fans are fucking disgusting. Sitting leisurely in their countries that have no mandatory enlistment and passing judgement on others. Like stfu.

ABABA057-9589-4EF7-911E-51351F1B4A63.jpeg

• What pisses me off is that his medical condition has to be made public for people to let it go.

Like, why is it anyone else's business but his, and the korean administration ? If they enlist him in public service, then they do, and no one should be entitled to a 'justification' on his part :mad:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!