How to deal with anxiety?

• A lot of my friends on here don't know this but I have anxiety

It's really hard to do things like read out loud in class, buy things from the store or even talk to people ;(

Anytime I try to do anything I get nervous and start sweating and stuttering

Does anyone know how I can overcome this? ;(

It's really hard to do things like read out loud in class, buy things from the store or even talk to people ;(

Same, i've been dealing with it for 5 years now, it used to be pretty bad where i would wake up in the middle of the night hyperventilating and i couldn't breathe , i think they were like panic attacks. I didn't know how to deal with it and i didn't want to go to psychiatrist.

But it helps by putting on some music that you like, something more motivational and taking deep breaths, it helps you to calm down.

Drop some moneY

erosezgif-com-gif-maker.gif896e43bc70930fa93538987bcf98568f828dbdc4.gifv 4ed3672a47d5a1db609af94f6965ecb4df788778.gifv 1569dce42941a2054232901ca03faba39b1d1fb5.gifverosezgif-com-gif-maker.gif

• Same, i've been dealing with it for 5 years now, it used to be pretty bad where i would wake up in the middle of the night hyperventilating and i couldn't breathe , i think they were like panic attacks. I didn't know how to deal with it and i didn't want to go to psychiatrist.

But it helps by putting on some music that you like, something more motivational and taking deep breaths, it helps you to calm down.

I wish I could do that in school :pepe-hehe:

• anxiety is not cookie cutter so find what helps you. It will take time and patience. I have anxiety and then adden anxiety from certain things that happened to me.

For me I find drawing, sleeping and music help.

• for me i experience panick attack and extreme anxiety there's some funny youtube shows and some drama that helped me a little bit in the day and in the nigh i use antihistamine and asmr videos

• i eat food or drink water when i'm anxious

i don't recommend doing that though, i don't know how healthy it is.

Food does help, good thin I don't gain weight fast

Music is also a very good help for me sometimes, but can also make things even worse, as music can sometimes also make me very emotional and can even worsen my distress

You're right but I really like sad music

• Music is also a very good help for me sometimes, but can also make things even worse, as music can sometimes also make me very emotional and can even worsen my distress

Oh, the music I listened to was encouraging music or hype music because it makes me feel more energetic and gives me more of a drive. It's different for everyone. Ballads and sorts may not be for everyone in this type of situation.

ღ Happy Birthday / 10.18.2005 ღ

6f2600f9ca710c96c5228757df28dbe5d21c9ff1.gifv giphy.gif 84e36da9f196e239f5a3bc0d2103c8cce10f4953.gifv

• I know 7 types of breathing technique that I teach my patients, friends and I do myself, since I have anxiety.

All of them are efective. But I like the most the elongated expiration. The idea is trying to exhale using twice the time you took to inhale. For example, if you inhale for three seconds, you should exhale for six seconds. When doing extended breathing it is not necessary to take breaks before and after each step.

The breathing techniques are a way to deal with anxiety crisis when you are alone or around other people. But the ideal is searching for a psychotherapy and be oriented for a professional to how to avoid anxiety crisis and have a better quality life, tbh.

I don't know If I explained well, since english isn't my first language. But I'm a psychologist myself.

• Oh, the music I listened to was encouraging music or hype music because it makes me feel more energetic and gives me more of a drive. It's different for everyone. Ballads and sorts may not be for everyone in this type of situation.

Yes, your right. Motivating songs are the ones that help me. But ballads and stuff are terrible when I have a panic attack....they make thinks even worse for me

I used to be like this too

I had to forcce myself to take steps

Taking a breath and telling myself I could do these that scared the hell out of me

I still have anxiety about somethings but I force myself every step of the way

Just gotta believe in yourself

• Yes, your right. Motivating songs are the ones that help me. But ballads and stuff are terrible when I have a panic attack....they make thinks even worse for me

Aww I'm sorry <3 I'm a little different, sometimes listen to ballads when I'm feeling strong negative feelings. They cheer me up somehow and if I'm scared, worried or angry, they usually calm me down. But like I said, in this sense, it's different for everyone.

ღ Happy Birthday / 10.18.2005 ღ

6f2600f9ca710c96c5228757df28dbe5d21c9ff1.gifv giphy.gif 84e36da9f196e239f5a3bc0d2103c8cce10f4953.gifv

• Thank you, you explained it well <3

• Sounds like you have social anxiety.

I also have social anxiety as well bc my parents were over-the-top overprotective over me. All I can say is to take it slow & one step at a time. Relax and act like no one is watching you. My face still gets red & sometimes I start sweating, but continue talking I promise it'll help. Also if you can, look people into the eye and focus on that. If you're still having trouble, I recommend seeing a therapist.

• Drink copious amounts of Crown Royal in the morning before you go out.

bruh, I can't drink I'm 16 :-D

Sounds like you have social anxiety.

I also have social anxiety as well bc my parents were over-the-top overprotective over me. All I can say is to take it slow & one step at a time. Relax and act like no one is watching you. My face still gets red & sometimes I start sweating, but continue talking I promise it'll help. Also if you can, look people into the eye and focus on that. If you're still having trouble, I recommend seeing a therapist.

Thanks Yuna! 2xy.png

• Tell me about it. I’ve suffered anxiety for 13 years now and every day is a struggle. I have had some pretty major panic attacks as well. It’s difficult to get through the day at times. I’m back on medication at the moment, it’s more for Depression but does help my coping skills. It gets quite frustrating to explain to others what it’s like as unless you suffer from it yourself, cannot understand. Luckily, my partner and daughter are a huge support for me and I can’t thank them enough. What helps me to manage it is self care. You’ve got to take care of yourself physically and mentally. I go for walks every day, read, go for a drive. Do anything to distract myself. You can’t cure anxiety, just manage it. Menopause hasn’t helped it either but I think I’m over the worst of it now.

• Tell me about it. I’ve suffered anxiety for 13 years now and every day is a struggle. I have had some pretty major panic attacks as well. It’s difficult to get through the day at times. I’m back on medication at the moment, it’s more for Depression but does help my coping skills. It gets quite frustrating to explain to others what it’s like as unless you suffer from it yourself, cannot understand. Luckily, my partner and daughter are a huge support for me and I can’t thank them enough. What helps me to manage it is self care. You’ve got to take care of yourself physically and mentally. I go for walks every day, read, go for a drive. Do anything to distract myself. You can’t cure anxiety, just manage it. Menopause hasn’t helped it either but I think I’m over the worst of it now.

Thanks!

menopause?!?!?! how old are you?

• This thread contains 12 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!