Student from (G)I-dle Soojin's "bully group" reportedly confessed and apologized privately to victims

• Student from (G)I-dle Soojin's "bully group" reportedly confessed and apologized privately to victims

Screen%2BShot%2B2021-03-28%2Bat%2B9.22.14%2BPM.png

Article: [Exclusive] Agency's irrational stance despite multiple victims...Soojin's hakpok raises controversy

Source: Sports Kyunghyang

It appears that in the end, Cube's irrational response to Soojin's scandal brought about disaster.

According to an exclusive report by Sports Kyunghyang, one of the perpetrators of school violence from (G)I-dle Soojin's "iljin (bully) group" confessed and apologized directly to the victim. The contents of the apology have not yet been disclosed to the media or online communities.

Amid the revelations, Soojin reportedly revealed her position and her agency followed them. Cube is said to have complete confidence in Soojin's words as evident in the agency celebrating her birthday with an official photo and the company's firm stance. This is in contrast to other agencies' responses to their artists' school violence scandals.

It is said that Cube currently fully trusts in Soojin's words. An official from the entertainment industry that asked not to be named revealed to Kyunghyang, "From the beginning until now, Soojin directly denied the allegations of school violence to her agency."

Lawyer Jang Hyuk Soo of Baekha law firm stated, "Because of the statute of limitations of five years, school violence is almost impossible to punish because it happened during a young age. If a famous celebrity is the perpetrator, secondary abuse by fans often occurs which can lead to threats or defamation of the discloser."

Cube's handling of Soojin's scandal is said to be irrational because even though the agency has a duty to protect and represent its artists, consensus and reconciliation between the parties is the most important if the offense happened during school years and cannot be legally tried in court.

Also, because Soojin's fans are concentrated on the agency's statement, victims that are coming forward alleging abuse by Soojin are under constant threats and slander from their fans to the point secondary harm is feared.

In the meantime, the victim reportedly completed the collection of evidence. Many are paying attention as to how this scandal will be finalized following actress Seo Shin-ae's stance that "she received one-sided insults and was bullied everyday for two years by Soojin."

comment1.JPG

• Oh yes, let's plead statute of limitations.

Because that doesn't make you look guilty AT ALL. I work in law, when the lawyers are pleading statute of limitations, it's because you did it but the law can't technically come after you for damages. This is a PR nightmare. Who the heck is writing their press releases?

• So basically Seo Shinae and the other victims can counter sue Soojin by secondary abuse from her fans?

But I wonder if Cube is going to follow up with Soojin’s statement of withdrawing from the group. Her friends are already apologizing to the victims and Cube has been quite. It’s going to be interesting to see what their going to do next.

tumblr_nzies3E9yh1uf1itwo1_500.gif

LORD & SAVIOR PARK JIHYO | ITZY | YUKIKA | RUANN | | TWICE | BRAVE GIRLS | APRIL | FROMIS_9 | TOMMY FEBRUARY6

• This is a PR nightmare. Who the heck is writing their press releases?

It's a piece of news reported by a media. It's not written by a PR department, especially not Cube's so why are you mad?

What I'm interested in is whether or not this student included Soojin in her admission of guilt. If not, then it's barely relevant to the current case.

• this seems like it will be an snail/turtle case...

it's already more than a month and when we think it's finally fading then kaboom another news about the case pop up

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• It's a piece of news reported by a media. It's not written by a PR department, especially not Cube's so why are you mad?

It's the "Cube fully trusts in Soojin's words" part that's problematic. a good PR department would be like "we're investigating" then shut up through whatever lawsuit or settlement followed so the public could settle. Instead, they've been pretty loud about this and keeping it in the public mind, their law firm released a statement (WHY THE HELL? who needed that? Very careless), etc. They're badly handling this.

• It's the "Cube fully trusts in Soojin's words" part that's problematic

It's problematic IF TRUE. We have no way to know how things were handled behind the scenes. Of course, if it happened this way, it would explain a lot. However, why would they go hard mode with the criminal lawsuit (or whatever it's called) if they had not collected the proper evidence to back Soojin's claims? That's what puzzles me.

Anyway, if they only went with Soojin's word, I think we should know pretty quickly. If Soojin happened to lie to her own management, I think Cube will drop her like a hot potato the moment they find out.

• Oh yes, let's plead statute of limitations.

Because that doesn't make you look guilty AT ALL. I work in law, when the lawyers are pleading statute of limitations, it's because you did it but the law can't technically come after you for damages. This is a PR nightmare. Who the heck is writing their press releases?

how is that "pleading statute of limitations"???

this is an article written by the media, the law firm happened to make a statement, and facts are fact. what, are they gonna continue as if it doesn't exist? it doesn't matter whether it looks one way or the other, the truth still stands that the statute of limitations is up on any chance of charges for the school violence/bullying etc.

now the harassment from fans might be a different story, but we don't even know what proof the victims have/how much they've been impacted by it.

• It's problematic IF TRUE. We have no way to know how things were handled behind the scenes. Of course, if it happened this way, it would explain a lot. However, why would they go hard mode with the criminal lawsuit (or whatever it's called) if they had not collected the proper evidence to back Soojin's claims? That's what puzzles me.

Anyway, if they only went with Soojin's word, I think we should know pretty quickly. If Soojin happened to lie to her own management, I think Cube will drop her like a hot potato the moment they find out.

If it's just verbal bullying (and nothing physical, so not assault), it's not criminal. A civil suit is possible, but would be difficult to prove, because the victim would have to present actual monetary damages.

• If it's just verbal bullying (and nothing physical, so not assault), it's not criminal. A civil suit is possible, but would be difficult to prove, because the victim would have to present actual monetary damages.

Based on Cube statement they're doing both criminal and civil.

"On March 19, we filed criminal complaints against the spreaders of false rumors and malicious commenters, including the first accuser, at the Gangnam Police Station."

"We will also be pursuing civil lawsuits without lenience in order to make these people take responsibility for the damages they have inflicted."

• Based on Cube statement they're doing both criminal and civil.

"On March 19, we filed criminal complaints against the spreaders of false rumors and malicious commenters, including the first accuser, at the Gangnam Police Station."

"We will also be pursuing civil lawsuits without lenience in order to make these people take responsibility for the damages they have inflicted."

Omg how is this so complicated for people? I was talking about what Soojin did.

Defamation suits against the accuser are a completely different animal. And Cube provably DOES have monetary damages, so civil suits are a possibility (whether or not they'll recover anything is a different question. here in the US there's a concept in the legal world called "judgment-proof" which basically mean you don't have enough assets that the government or any creditor can seize them, so we shall see)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!