Were BangPD and Pdogg inspired by Teddy?

• Is it just me or does the hit song Fire remind anyone of 1TYM's "Hot"? Not only do both songs deal with fire and hot things, but check out the beat and the hip hop rap style Obviously Fire has a dance element that Hot doesnt but the other aspects really seem similar to me.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Also which song do you prefer?

• In what world do these sound similar? Is Tokio Hotel inspired by the Beatles because they both use guitars? Same logic

Well just go to 1:57 in Fire and go to 0:39 in Hot, i feel like there's a lot of similarity. Not talking about notes per se, but just that overall hip hop vibe. Plus the subject matter and the rap heavy concept. I feel like you could put the anthemic "Fire!" chorus line that BTS sings over the backing track of Hot and it would sound like a natural fit.

• Not similar chord progression.

Not even close to similar melody.

Not even the similar structure....

So I don't get the similarity point but I do understand the rapping argument. Rap heavy elements can give similar vibes but that can be said about all YGE songs.

Btw 1TYM is the best period of Teddy as a producer alongside 2NE1. Otherwise he is just repetitive and not as creative as other producers in the industry.

• Well just go to 1:57 in Fire and go to 0:39 in Hot, i feel like there's a lot of similarity. Not talking about notes per se, but just that overall hip hop vibe. Plus the subject matter and the rap heavy concept. I feel like you could put the anthemic "Fire!" chorus line that BTS sings over the backing track of Hot and it would sound like a natural fit.

Fire has more similiarity with Flo Rida’s GDFR than that song. Not saying that HOT did not influence kpop but this is a reach.

• Not similar chord progression.

Not even close to similar melody.

Not even the similar structure....

So I don't get the similarity point but I do understand the rapping argument. Rap heavy elements can give similar vibes but that can be said about all YGE songs.

Btw 1TYM is the best period of Teddy as a producer alongside 2NE1. Otherwise he is just repetitive and not as creative as other producers in the industry.

Wut? Not as creative? Repetitive?

What other producer has THIS diversity in their repertoire? And not only diversity, but also unparalleled success as each one of these songs was a #1 hit. He's the greatest producer in Kpop history. Like even Wikipedia cant even track how many #1 songs he's produced or written.

External Content www.youtube.com

• I tried listening to it with open mind, but honestly I don't hear it. The two songs have such different vibes, it's really difficult for me to compare them. But also I'm not sure why some people are so offended at the idea. People get inspiration from elsewhere, if 'Fire' isn't inspired by this song it was probably inspired by something else, and it probably inspired other songs in return.

Like, it's not an insult.

Anyway

Both songs slap, but I like Fire's vibe more I guess. It goes hard :peperich:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!