LISA is bigger than every GG in the US

• That's true, but Lisa and every other member still riding on the BP wave. That's why I said they need years to become real soloists, not just members of BP.

I mean, look at Taeyeon for example. She's the member of SNSD, one of the most Legendary girl group ever, and she's still on top after 10 years. So, in her case, we can't say she's successful, because she's the leader of SNSD. She's basically the only girl group member whose still massively successful, and that tells you everything about how longevity works in Kpop.

Lisa and the rest won't have longevity if they only release songs for the charts. It's easy to tell which BP member cares about her music more and which one cares more about the trends. I could be wrong, (time will tell) but I can't see Lisa having a long and successful career, at least not like she has now.

• Thanks! This tells everything about Kpop in Korea and outside of Korea.

It's so easy to tell which group is global and which one isn't. I'm kind of surprised that KIOF is on the list after a year. The only small agency group on this list. I mean, new group.

• That's true, but Lisa and every other member still riding on the BP wave. That's why I said they need years to become real soloists, not just members of BP.

I mean, look at Taeyeon for example. She's the member of SNSD, one of the most Legendary girl group ever, and she's still on top after 10 years. So, in her case, we can't say she's successful, because she's the leader of SNSD. She's basically the only girl group member whose still massively successful, and that tells you everything about how longevity works in Kpop.

Lisa and the rest won't have longevity if they only release songs for the charts. It's easy to tell which BP member cares about her music more and which one cares more about the trends. I could be wrong, (time will tell) but I can't see Lisa having a long and successful career, at least not like she has now.

I predicted for her a longevity of happiness

Manoban era has just started and I'm here for it :meme-cheers:

Correct. That's why I am coining "SolUnit" - Single member subunit of active/recently active groups leveraging group fandom.

Whether they are successful soloists will be known only when there is a good distance from their groups active days.

Taeyeon is the most successful case, who has made that journey. But then even during SNSD peak she had the reputation and activity as a solo powerhouse.

Hyuna,Sunmi are others.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!