How much SM paid their artists in 2023?

• I don’t know if the source is legitimate, but I’m sharing it there!

IMG_5555.jpeg

Image below is a translation(relatively good translation)

Where it says 1b won per person it refers to Riize

IMG_5560.jpg

This is the original post

External Content www.instagram.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

What are your thoughts about this?

• Look at those solo and legacy ratios. And people wonder why companies focus on newer groups and don't bring back older groups more often.

• Look at those solo and legacy ratios. And people wonder why companies focus on newer groups and don't bring back older groups more often.

More surprising thing is how less Exo made profit in 2023! When they sold nearly 1.9m “Exist” albums and SHINee sold around 400k “Hard” albums and they made similar amount of money 💰

Around 23bn won for Exo and around 20bn won for Shinee

And Riize made a decent amount of money in 4-5 months from their debut!

• Is this per year, for the duration of the contract?

It is SM artists salaries in 2023

And in the brackets it shows how much SM takes and gives from total profit(contacts of artists)

So for example each Aespa member got 3bn wons in 2023 which is 40% of total profit they made!

While SM got 60% of the profit!

If we calculate Aespa made 30bn won in 2023

And SM paid Aespa members 12 won(3am won per member), and SM took 18 bn won for itself

• Ok. Last question. how much is 4bn won in USD? (Sorry, is just the value of a billion in english is different in spanish)

• Riize just debuted. No way it is going to be paid that high.

And Taeyeon didn't do too much while Yoona is now a full actress.

Probably some number just taken out from the basement.

I don’t know about Taeyeon and YoonA since I don’t follow them

But Riize sold 1m+ albums in 2023! And they released 2 singles in 2023! They were charting really good on Kcharts, so they get a lot of money from that too!

• More surprising thing is how less Exo made profit in 2023! When they sold nearly 1.9m “Exist” albums and SHINee sold around 400k “Hard” albums and they made similar amount of money 💰

Around 23bn won for Exo and around 20bn won for Shinee

And Riize made a decent amount of money in 4-5 months from their debut!

Where are you pulling these numbers I’m interested

I hope it’s not from instagram posts as your source

• Where are you pulling these numbers I’m interested

I hope it’s not from instagram posts as your source

Which numbers? I wrote that the source comes from instagram, and I said that I don’t know if it is legitimate. It is your choice to believe it or not! I also don’t believe that it is 100% legitimate, but I wanted to share it here!

Album sales come from Circle album charts for both Exo and Shinee(they both had full albums released in 2023)

If you are talking about 20bn and 23 bn won, then I calculated it myself taking the numbers from the first picture I attached!

Since Exo has 8 members, I multiplied 2 to 8. We get 16bn wons, which SM paid for whole Exo! Then I divided it by 0.7, to get the total profit that Exo got in 2023 so I got 22.857 bn wons!

Shinee is the same! Shinee has 4 members, so we get 16bn wons that goes to Shinee, and to calculate total profit I divided 16 to 0.8 so we get 20bn wons!

Hence I concluded they had similar profit as a group in 2023!

• If the source is true, that's actually reasonable good for the listed SM artists. Given that IF they don't have to pay for housing, manager and make up artist/security. That's a sweet as deal.

Also good deal for older gens too. 80/20.

---======--

• If the source is true, that's actually reasonable good for the listed SM artists. Given that IF they don't have to pay for housing, manager and make up artist/security. That's a sweet as deal.

Also good deal for older gens too. 80/20.

I don’t know about housing, but manager, stylists, make up artists, security are company employees, so they get paid by SM not the Idols

• I don’t know about housing, but manager, stylists, make up artists, security are company employees, so they get paid by SM not the Idols

Well then that a sweet ass deal. They'll rake up 10mil average by the end of their contract, then renewal and renegotiation too.

Ah.. long gone the days where SM artists were getting pennies per album sold. Thank you DBSK.

---======--

• Well then that a sweet ass deal. They'll rake up 10mil average by the end of their contract, then renewal and renegotiation too.

Ah.. long gone the days where SM artists were getting pennies per album sold. Thank you DBSK.

I don’t think if for example Nct or Aespa were getting pennies they wouldn’t talk to the fans about it, or newly debuted Nct Wish and Riize would’ve joined SM! SM is like 2nd biggest kpop company!

But again it’s not an official info, so we should take it with grain of salt!

• also this is from Somi and Chaeyoung

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

(timestamped at around 5.20)

so if one is assuming the split is consistent amongst twice members I would guess

1/3 JYP

2/3 twice members???

which would be somewhat consistent (but slightly lower) than the post renewal SM artists

• Well Twice is a younger group than Exo, Shinee so I guess it is fair?

Also I don’t know about Exo, but Shinee is muuuch more involved in their albums, styling, songs and etc.

Key styles some outfits, Minho and Key write their rap parts! They write some of their songs each cb and have very deep creative input in Mvs and album styling. So I guess it saves funds

• Well Twice is a younger group than Exo, Shinee so I guess it is fair?

Also I don’t know about Exo, but Shinee is muuuch more involved in their albums, styling, songs and etc.

Key styles some outfits, Minho and Key write their rap parts! They write some of their songs each cb and have very deep creative input in Mvs and album styling. So I guess it saves funds

I wouldn't know what is fair but it is what they've agreed to so that's fair I guess????

also if they contribute to their own music then they get royalties and copyright fees on top of this split so I would say whether one writes or composes or produces it's separate to the artists fee

also that assumes the costs are divided equally as well but we aren't necessarily privy to that info

• I wouldn't know what is fair but it is what they've agreed to so that's fair I guess????

also if they contribute to their own music then they get royalties and copyright fees on top of this split so I would say whether one writes or composes or produces it's separate to the artists fee

also that assumes the costs are divided equally as well but we aren't necessarily privy to that info

Well it depends on how many times you resign your contract with a company!

Shinee resigned their group contracts for 5th time last year If I’m not mistaken! So by logic they get better splits in each renewal of the contracts!

How many times Twice resigned their contracts to date to the video that you linked?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!