Do you think NJs emergency live was just mediaplay staged by MHJ?

• Sometimes ya gotta ask the hard hitters and it's the question on the tip of everyones tongue right now. Given the timing and specific demands to re-instate MHJ, it's no shock that this claim is being supported by many. Clearly the girls came into the live with scripts, but that is to be expected of anyone preparing for something similar, so that is meaningless to me. I'm sure the live was "planned" to some extent, but we don't know how much.

So AKP, do you think the girls did this of their own volition? Or is this just another move by the master manipulator MHJ? I prefer to remain optimistic when things are largely based off speculation, so I do not think this was just some plot by MHJ to get her job back. I'm not going to believe the alternative unless concrete proof comes out.

• Could be! But to me it was more like one of them had the idea to do it (Hanni/Minji IMO) and brought it to MHJ. Then MHJ prob helped/coached them what to say.

• Well, is very suspicious that their demand was that MHJ have to be reinstated. Not that the new CEO address their complaints, or that Hybe have to fix this problem. No, they want MHJ back. I believe MHJ is involve in this, but contrary to some kpop fans, i would not portray Newjeans members as some dumb girls being manipulated by MHJ. I think them and their parents had enough time to consult a lawyer and take a decision like this one.

• Yeah, the answer is maybe. They said it was not at the behest of MJH, but it's not like they were in front of a judge or God: they could just be lying about not being directed by MHJ. Or it could be the members acting on their own as they said. We don't know for sure yet.

• Whatever it maybe, it wasn't a smart move from all the members collectively, also it's not like their sugar mama is out of the company, she is just there, and which employer would allow such a demand and when it's intentionally publically broadcasted to damage their reputation even more.

Also why always mhj or nj accusing of other groups under hybe justified and truth and not the other way around? There were no physical proof for either but people believe one side blindly.

• No, I don't think NewJeans, the blameless victims in this absurd drama, are liars.

They even went out of their way to get ahead of this narrative that implies they're mindless puppets incapable of independent thought or having their own "principles" when it comes to their career and the people who made it happen.

Can we leave these trashy hypotheticals on Reddit where it belongs?

This is actually a disgusting narrative

• Tbf reddits view on this is pretty one sided and due to the downvote system and crazy mods it's not very interesting discussion wise. Much of the views you hold never even get seen. But I was not going to make anymore threads like this.

• When it comes to money, everyone has a scathy motivation in my opinion, but at the end of the day, this girls ARE new jeans and new jeans themselves are saying they don't feel respected by hybe or aligned with their morals, beliefs and values. Instead of depriving them of all agency and considering them as mindless puppets, I prefer to see them as young women trying to share their experiences and feelings in a corporate world. If HYBE was willing to build a healthy relationship with these girls, I'm almost certain they could, but apparently HYBE operates in a dictatorial and dismissive way like every kpop company.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!