There re chinese idols nationalists in kpop....

• unpopular opinion on this forum but most of the people support their countries. americans supported every single illegal war they led in the last god knows how many years. it's not surprising at all.

• Official Post

unpopular opinion on this forum but most of the people support their countries. americans supported every single illegal war they led in the last god knows how many years. it's not surprising at all.

Are you American? If not you should know that plenty of Americans opposed and protest against the wars America fought. That still doesn't justify idols basically supporting the enslavement of muslims in China, come on now.

• right like???

he did a ^one china^ post during the Hong Kong riots...

Jackson has dropped Hong Kong hard

quote from news article:

Those pop stars include K-pop singers Lay Zhang, Jackson Wang, Lai Kuan-lin, and Victoria Song, according to the AP. Song recently posted an Instagram with a picture of the Chinese flag and the caption "Hong Kong is part of China forever." On their official Weibo social media accounts, the singers called themselves "one of 1.4 billion guardians of the Chinese flag."....

Male/Boy NCTzen / Carat / Army / VIP  

:-) You can call me: JJ, Jay, Jason, JB... I don't mind :-)

Bias/bias wrecker [stage names]

Mark/Jaemin.. Hoshi/DK.. Suga/V.. T.O.P/GD

• Are you American? If not you should know that plenty of Americans opposed and protest against the wars America fought. That still doesn't justify idols basically supporting the enslavement of muslims in China, come on now.

no, i'm not american. but what is currently happening, this very moment, is genocide in yemen. americans don't try to end it, it's the opposite; by arming saudis, their allies, they are making it happen. i don't see any protests about it or hashtag trending, it seems that not many cares (bts donated 2 million dollars to yemen, bless their heart),.

right or wrong desisions i stand by my opinion that most people do support their countries doings

• Official Post

no, i'm not american. but what is currently happening, this very moment, is genocide in yemen. americans don't try to end it, it's the opposite; by arming saudis, their allies, they are making it happen. i don't see any protests about it or hashtag trending (bts donated 2 million to yemen, bless their heart).

right or wrong desisions i stand by my opinion that most people do support their countries doings

Where do you see Americans supporting the genocide in Yemen pls show me. You don't see celebrities agreeing with the US government decisions yet you have Jackson supporting a government that is trying to suppress his own people back in HK and Chinese people boycotting H&M and Adidas for no longer using cotton picked from the enslaved muslims. My point is this has nothing to do with America we need to keep the conversation focused on people like Jackson and Victoria.

• Where do you see Americans supporting the genocide in Yemen pls show me. You don't see celebrities agreeing with the US government decisions yet you have Jackson supporting a government that is trying to suppress his own people back in HK and Chinese people boycotting H&M and Adidas for no longer using cotton picked from the enslaved muslims. My point is this has nothing to do with America we need to keep the conversation focused and hold people like Jackson and Victoria accountable.

i don't see american celebrities voicing their opinions against it. they are doing nothing to try to end it and prevent it; they are not raising awareness. many americans don't even know it's happening.

anyways... i never sad victoria and jackson are right in this matter. my first post and the only point i was trying to make is that the vast majority of people will support their countries no matter what because they believe their pov is right

• no, i'm not american. but what is currently happening, this very moment, is genocide in yemen. americans don't try to end it, it's the opposite; by arming saudis, their allies, they are making it happen. i don't see any protests about it or hashtag trending, it seems that not many cares (bts donated 2 million dollars to yemen, bless their heart),.

I don't think many Americans support USA selling or supporting Saudi Arabia in Yemen ever except really hawkish ones. The media may not touch it as much as it is needed and Americans may not go to streets over this as much, but it doesn't mean people support this or at least the government has effective propaganda using/convincing celebrities of that.

Maybe there is an argument that American public opinion in general was kinda OK with Iraq and fine with Afghanistan, but a big chunk was also against it (or at least the approach of going full on war). However, most are not OK with staying in Afghanistan and really not OK with Iraq after abuses and lies about that war surfaced. This may be the impression if you follow the news superficially, but lot of celebrities and public opinion figures were critical of that even during moments that these wars had the public support.

However, I think I get where you are coming from, but these examples were off.

People "support" their countries in general as long they don't know/ignore the true extend of possible atrocities. You can say the same happens in other countries like Myanmar with Rohingya genocide or little known events like Bhutan displacing their minorities or countries that ignore past genocides because of their population drink the nationalist kool-aid at that moment. I think most people won't be in favor in whole sale genocide nowadays like it was kinda fine in the past, but they are OK with some policies that suppress minorities or foreigners so some genocides can be sold as this. Also, not sure how many voices were against it in these places as the media will not go that far to show this side, so maybe even these examples could be off (hope locals can shine some light about these cases).

If you wanted to use USA as an example, maybe the past would have better examples of kinda similar situations where suppression of certain populations were fine with very little opposition. Today's public opinion is very polarized and media is for their own self interest than the government (although it will align a lot with it) to have a similar situation like this. Like caging illegal immigrant children, I think you will see opinions ranging from apologetic for and totally against it.

I think most Chinese are OK in subduing Uyghur/Islamist terrorism and attempts to sinicize them (sold as integration) which I imagine it's how their government sells their forced encampment and atrocities occurring there and the CCP has firm grip over public opinion which isn't the same in the USA. We can argue which extend these celebrities are in favor or are turning a blind eye there or if they simply don't know or in their heart they know it's wrong, but can't give proper opinion about it.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!